Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Server not working on pc's

gkeller16gkeller16 Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have been running my plex server for a couple months sharing it with 5 different friends of mine and all of a sudden this week my plex client shows unavailable on a pc . I still am able to log into my server from my android phone when Im not at home which doesn't make sense. I have tried restarting my router , unpublish and publish server and nothing seems to work for the pc clients . Any ideas would be greatly appreciated .

Comments

• jmcgeejrjmcgeejr Posts: 2,926Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

sounds like your local ip changed that or your server is no longer announcing itself on the local network, check in PMS under advanced and make sure that it's set to announce.

• gkeller16gkeller16 Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Monsieur Latte wrote on March 15 2013, 11:53 PM: »

sounds like your local ip changed that or your server is no longer announcing itself on the local network, check in PMS under advanced and make sure that it's set to announce.

I'm in the advanced settings now and not quite sure which setting your referring to , I dont see anything regarding announcing in the advanced options. Thanks for helping a semi-noob out :)

Under settings, then click show advanced settings and then go down to network discovery, make sure bonjour and GDM are checked.  This is down from the plex media manager window not the client :)

• gkeller16gkeller16 Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Ok, Im in those settings and Enable Bonjour is checked but nothing is under advertised hostname and not sure if there is suppose to be anything there , also Enable GDM is checked .

edited March 2013
    Service type for discovered clients
    plexclient._tcp
    Enable the Bonjour Daemon
    Advertised domain

Enable Bonjour
    Advertised hostname

Service type for discovered servers
    plexmediasvr._tcp
    Advertised service type
    plexmediasvr._tcp