Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

external wireless hard drive not seen by plex server on windows

dm4973dm4973 Posts: 1Members

i have a working set up of external hdd connected to router (airport extreme) and plex server for mac using my 2009 macbook pro. I am able to see all of my compatible files from hdd on mbp. Recently, got a used windows laptop and since my mac is my daily user- i want win laptop exclusively as server of external hdd content with plex server on windows. But the issue is after i set up plex server software and want to add a section the win laptop does not give me option of external hdd (even though win laptop can see wireless external hdd in file explorer)

any ideas??

Best Answer

• TrudgeTrudge Gone off to greener pastures.... Posts: 9,360Members ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    dm4973 wrote on March 28 2013, 3:55 AM: »

i have a working set up of external hdd connected to router (airport extreme) and plex server for mac using my 2009 macbook pro. I am able to see all of my compatible files from hdd on mbp. Recently, got a used windows laptop and since my mac is my daily user- i want win laptop exclusively as server of external hdd content with plex server on windows. But the issue is after i set up plex server software and want to add a section the win laptop does not give me option of external hdd (even though win laptop can see wireless external hdd in file explorer)

any ideas??

http://wiki.plexapp.com/index.php/PlexNine_PMS_NAS#Mounting_shares_on_Windows

Answers

• TrudgeTrudge Gone off to greener pastures.... Posts: 9,360Members ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    dm4973 wrote on March 28 2013, 3:55 AM: »

any ideas??

http://wiki.plexapp.com/index.php/PlexNine_PMS_NAS#Mounting_shares_on_Windows