If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Studio logos

wayne@technimation.co.nzwayne@technimation.co.nz Posts: 46Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

The Studio for a local production does not seem to be recognized and a wrong logo is displayed. Is it as simple as adding a new logo to the studio directory under media. Tried this and it does not alter the logo appearing on the programme listing

Comments

• mmccurdymmccurdy The Official Mike M Posts: 841Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

It should be added to the Media Flags bundle in your PMS Plug-ins directory.  It's somewhat picky about format, and if the name doesn't match exactly, you'll also need to update substitutions.xml accordingly.

If you're familiar with github, I'd suggest opening a pull request for the Media Flags bundle here once you get it working locally -> https://github.com/plexinc-plugins/Media-Flags.bundle/tree/master/Contents/Resources

If not, let me know what the production company is and attach the logo here and I can make one for you.

• wayne@technimation.co.nzwayne@technimation.co.nz Posts: 46Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi mmcurdy

Thanks very much for the info. I tried adding to the location you suggested but I am suspecting that the graphic format is wrong as it won't display.

I would like to take you up on your offer to generate the logo for TVNZ and the file is attached.

What exactly is the graphic specification required

• wayne@technimation.co.nzwayne@technimation.co.nz Posts: 46Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi mmcmurdy

Lets try the attachment again

• mmccurdymmccurdy The Official Mike M Posts: 841Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Oh, I think attachments may be broken.  I can find a suitable TVNZ one though, don't worry about it.

Submitted this just now, should be live before too long: https://github.com/plexinc-plugins/Media-Flags.bundle/pull/5

Thanks for your efforts but...

Hate to be a pain, but how do I actually download it from github. Nothing looks intuitively obvious

If you're in a rush to have this, you can download from my repo here: https://github.com/mmccurdy07/Media-Flags.bundle and place that bundle in your PMS Plug-ins folder.  If not, these things are typically pulled into the master repo and pushed within a few days, and updates from there are automatic.

Hi

Understand. Thanks very much for all this

Kind regards

Wayne

Hi mmccurdy (wish I knew a better name to use :))

Tried copying the contents folder from the bundle I downloaded over the existing contents. All went in tvnz logo is there but still when I try to assign the tvnz logo under the edit page of the show in question it pulls up the tvn logo. If I point it to anything else (warner bros whatever) it displays that logo happily. For some reason it can't either display the tvnz logo or get past the tvn one. Any help?

If you just drop the contents of the bundle in place, they will be periodically overwritten with the official version unless you place the Media-Flags.bundle outside the Plug-ins directory and make a symlink to it.  You *may* need to restart PMS also, I don't recall.

This is probably more trouble than it's worth, honestly, since once it's pushed to the official one you'll get the update automatically.  The guy that maintains it said there's some other work he wants to do to the media flags bundle before pushing the new version, but it should be out there soon.

• TMcGuireTMcGuire Posts: 211Members ✭✭

Hello mmccurdy -

I've been reading this with great interest. As you may have read elsewhere, logos for RKO Radio Pictures and Radio Pictures are not in the Media Flags bundle. If you have the time and patience to describe the formatting, I would be happy to try my hand at creating the logos with Paint Shop Pro. Any help you provide will be much appreciated.

Regards,

T. McGuire

• ZeroQIZeroQI Posts: 1,193Members ✭✭✭

For a comparison, XBMC uses png file, white-on-clear, sized 161px x 109px, Save it in 'skin.aeon.nox"/media/flags/studios/' Already created ones: https://github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox/tree/master/media/flags/studios

Plex: 512x288px .png located in '/volume1/Plex/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins/Media-Flags.bundle/Contents/Resources/Studio/'

substitutions.xml in parent folder contain the mapping.

<MediaFlagSubstitutions>
    <Studio>
    <match name="1492_Pictures" expression="1492"/>
    <match name="20th_Century_Fox" expression="20th century fox"/>
    <match name="20th_Century_Fox" expression="fox 2000"/>
    <match name="20th_Century_Fox" expression="fox film corp"/>
    <match name="20th_Century_Fox" expression="twentieth century fox"/>
    <match name="2929" expression="2929"/>
    <match name="360_Pictures" expression="360"/>
    <match name="40_Acres" expression="40 acres"/>
    <match name="57 irving" expression="57 irving"/>
    <match name="777_Film_Corp" expression="777"/>
    <match name="aande" expression="aande"/>
    [...]
    <match name="Zomba" expression="zomba"/>
    </Studio>
    <VideoCodec>
    <match name="divx" expression=".*divx.*"/>
    <match name="divx" expression=".*div2.*"/>
    <match name="divx" expression=".*div3.*"/>
    <match name="divx" expression=".*div4.*"/>
    <match name="divx" expression=".*div-4.*"/>
    <match name="divx" expression=".*divx 4.*"/>
    <match name="divx" expression=".*divx2.*"/>
    <match name="divx" expression=".*divx3.*"/>
    <match name="divx" expression=".*dx50.*"/>
    <match name="divx" expression=".*msmpeg4v1.*"/>
    <match name="divx" expression=".*msmpeg4v2.*"/>
    <match name="h264" expression=".*h264.*"/>
    <match name="h264" expression=".*h.264.*"/>
    <match name="h264" expression=".*x264.*"/>
    <match name="wmv" expression=".*wmv.*"/>
    <match name="wmv" expression=".*wmv1.*"/>
    <match name="wmv" expression=".*wmv2.*"/>
    <match name="wmvhd" expression=".*wmv3.*"/>
    <match name="wmvhd" expression=".*wmvhd.*"/>
    <match name="xvid" expression=".*xvid.*"/>
    <match name="xvid" expression=".*xvid2.*"/>
    <match name="mp4" expression=".*mp42.*"/>
    <match name="mp4" expression=".*mp43.*"/>
    <match name="mp4" expression=".*mp4.*"/>
    <match name="mp4" expression=".*mpg4.*"/>
    <match name="mkv" expression=".*mkv.*"/>
    <match name="mkv" expression=".*matroska.*"/>
    <match name="mpeg4" expression=".*msmpeg4.*"/>
    <match name="dvd" expression=".*mpeg2video.*"/>
    <match name="flv" expression=".*flv.*"/>
    <match name="mpeg" expression=".*mpeg.*"/>
    <match name="mpeg2" expression=".*mpeg2.*"/>
    <match name="quicktime" expression=".*quicktime.*"/>
    </VideoCodec>
    <AudioCodec>
    <match name="dolbydigital" expression="a_ac3"/>
    <match name="dolbydigital" expression="ac-3"/>
    <match name="dolbydigital" expression="ac3"/>
    <match name="dts" expression="dca"/>
    <match name="dts" expression="dta"/>
    <match name="dtshd_ma" expression="dtsma"/>
    <match name="pcm" expression="pcm_bluray"/>
    <match name="pcm" expression="pcm_s16le"/>
    <match name="pcm" expression="pcm_u8"/>
    <match name="pcm" expression="adpcm_xa"/>
    <match name="pcm" expression="adpcm_ima_wav"/>
    <match name="wma" expression="wmav?2"/>
    <match name="wma" expression="wmav?3"/>
    <match name="wma" expression="wmapro"/>
    <match name="ogg" expression="vorbis"/>
    <match name="dolby_truehd" expression="dolbytruehd"/>
    <match name="dolby_truehd" expression="truehd"/>
    </AudioCodec>
    </MediaFlagSubstitutions>

I think modifying the github source would allow for the best way to have it included in Plex for everybody: https://github.com/plexinc-plugins/Media-Flags.bundle

PS: If you like Anime, try my Metadata Agent Hama which i took over from AtomicStrawberry (giving credit when credit is due)

Absolute Series Scanner (ASS): Seasons+Absolute mode series scanner managing subdirectories and AniDB type specials,with a logging off all files (skipped on top of root folder, then sorted one line per file with regex used and info, all series sorted alphabetically) and one with the filelist to reproduce the library on my end with dummy files. It also add all files and recognise specials pretty accurately.

http AniDB Metadata Agent (HAMA): Some good info there, will have to re-write it at some point... Data folders are kinda mandatory... Huge libraries can fetch 10gb in space. If you have no poster but other metadata is showing, create "Plug-in Support/Data/com.plexapp.agents.hama/DataItems" agent folders as indicated in the readme on GitHub

Impressed by the agent recognition rate? Consider donating few euros through Paypal: Absolute Series Scanner + HTTP AniDB Metadata Agent. (Donators: xnaas, Sven-7, Niegen, Vorador, Fratal, T. Mayville,  A. Estremera, KJKingJ. Thanks guys)