Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Not downloading metadata

marsousa75marsousa75 Posts: 53Members ✭✭

I just did a clean install of PMS on a new Win7 x64 PC. I setup my folders but no metadata is being downloaded. I have tried freebase and moviedb. I can go into an individual movie and click the refresh button and it will download metadata that way but for 1000+ movies I obviously do not want to do it that way. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Comments

• bkbirgebkbirge Posts: 2Members

I wish I had that problem, mine applies metadata incorrectly. I've got a bunch of vids of drum instructional classes and Plex thinks they are various hollywood releases. 

• mjbxxmjbxx Dedicated Member Posts: 919Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited May 2013
    bkbirge wrote on May 26 2013, 10:57 PM: »

I wish I had that problem, mine applies metadata incorrectly. I've got a bunch of vids of drum instructional classes and Plex thinks they are various hollywood releases. 

Are you placing these instructional videos in the Movie Section of the Library? This would account for Plex trying to incorrectly match metadata. Try placing these type of videos in the Home Movies Section of the Library. You can name each video whatever you want and also add poster art of your choosing for each video.  

• marsousa75marsousa75 Posts: 53Members ✭✭

I still cannot download metadata even after clean reinstall. What am I missing?

2 1/2 weeks and the only response I got was someone answering someone else's question. If I were to claim that this forum is useless I would have a pretty good argument, just sayin.....

• TrudgeTrudge Gone off to greener pastures.... Posts: 9,360Members ✭✭✭
    marsousa75 wrote on June 12 2013, 1:23 PM: »

2 1/2 weeks and the only response I got was someone answering someone else's question. If I were to claim that this forum is useless I would have a pretty good argument, just sayin.....

well, maybe people are just bored with answering the same things for people who don't bother to search....

do a bundle reset. (given im sure you read the sticky threads at least, you'll know what this means)

My note above says I did a clean install (you know what means right)... I uninstalled Plex, deleted the folder in Program files (x86), deleted the profile folder is users/appdata, deleted all plex reg keys, reinstalled plex. setup my folders again, no metadata is downloading. I can get metadata if I do each video 1 at a time but no automatic downloading is happening. i tried both freebase and moviedb/tvbb (i prefer moviedb)..... Reinstalling the way I did, does what the system bundle reset would have done.

• TrudgeTrudge Gone off to greener pastures.... Posts: 9,360Members ✭✭✭
    marsousa75 wrote on June 12 2013, 2:29 PM: »

My note above says I did a clean install (you know what means right)... I uninstalled Plex, deleted the folder in Program files (x86), deleted the profile folder is users/appdata, deleted all plex reg keys, reinstalled plex. setup my folders again, no metadata is downloading. I can get metadata if I do each video 1 at a time but no automatic downloading is happening. i tried both freebase and moviedb/tvbb (i prefer moviedb)..... Reinstalling the way I did, does what the system bundle reset would have done.

have you JUST done a bundle reset?

• pruitt62pruitt62 Posts: 464Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Trudge wrote on June 12 2013, 2:59 PM: »

have you JUST done a bundle reset?

Ya, sounds like you simply need a Bundle reset. I've had this problem a couple of times now, and the Bundle Reset has fixed it every time.

Just follow the instructions in the First Post of the following Thread.

http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/topic/28304-how-to-reset-the-system-bundle/

I followed the instructions in the first post to reset the bundle. Still nothing.