Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Hulu and CBS Videos Do not play

larryelifritzlarryelifritz Posts: 6Members
edited June 2013 in Plex Channels

Hulu, CBS, ABC Family, and Spike gets error message when trying play a video Saying "This Channel is Unavailable".  Possibly a few other channels withis error message.  Are Developers aware of this issue?   I have attached files showing error message on Hulu Videos.

Tagged:

Comments

• sander1sander1 Channel Developer/Admin Posts: 3,299Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    larryelifritz wrote on June 20 2013, 3:43 AM: »

Hulu, CBS, ABC Family, and Spike gets error message when trying play a video Saying "This Channel is Unavailable".  Possibly a few other channels withis error message.  Are Developers aware of this issue?   I have attached files showing error message on Hulu Videos.

Please, when reporting an issue remember to always add info about your PMS version and OS to the post :ph34r:

If you're using Plex Media Server 0.9.7.28: there is a known issue with RTMP based channels (which affects CBS and ABC Family). Hulu is a different issue, but we know about it and just need to find some dev time to see if we can fix.

I don't know about Spike, it should just work... Can you see if there's anything interesting in the Spike log file?

• larryelifritzlarryelifritz Posts: 6Members

I have Windows 8 Operating System and Plex Media Server 0.9.7.28 installed on my pc.

Will Version 0.9.7.29 being released be the only way these issues are fixed?

• sander1sander1 Channel Developer/Admin Posts: 3,299Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    larryelifritz wrote on June 20 2013, 11:56 PM: »

Will Version 0.9.7.29 being released be the only way these issues are fixed?

To fix the RTMP related issues: yes, we can't fix this from within channel code. Downgrading to .22 is also an option for now.

This is what Hulu said about the Hulu channel on PLEX.

In regards to Plex, at this time, our free service is only available for streaming on a computer, so if you're having trouble with a third party application that might advertise streaming the service elsewhere by slinging or redirecting, I recommend contacting their support team for further instructions.

If there’s anything else I can help you with, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Best,
    Daniel R.
    Hulu Support

You may want to remove Hulu and replace it with Hulu Plus so people with paid subscriptions for Hulu could view there videos.

• JamminRJamminR Plexhibitionist Posts: 2,280Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited June 2013

Fritz, though I cancelled my H+ account quite some time ago, setting credentials within the Hulu channel allowed me to watch my H+ content queues when I had it (and when Hulu on Plex worked of course)

This discussion has been closed.