If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

PlexConnect on synology

1777879808183»

Comments

• Rob_W67Rob_W67 Posts: 2Members

Does anyone have new on ware the repo is where you can pull de spa file from?

repo http://www.brigittehelsen.be/plexconnect/ is no longer working.

The git link contains a zip file, with the sinology can not use.

So Im puzzel how to install the latest PlaexConnect version 6 on my sinology

I can find older versions (up to version 5), but that does not work on my DSM 6 version.

• moody_bluemoody_blue Posts: 3,221Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

When you extract (or unzip) the installer from git you will obtain a spk file that you can install in Syno.

QNAP TS-253A 4G QTS 4.3.4.0516 + PMS 1.12.1.4885 + QPython2 2.7.12.0 + PlexConnect 0.6

TV Sony KDL-32V2500 (720p) + aTV3 Rev. A firmware 7.2.2 + Denon AVR-1604 A/V Receiver 5.1 + Harmony Touch

Portables 1x iPad4, 2x Android phone, 1x Android tablet, 2x PMP on Win10

No support via PM unless requested by me

• colmtroy@gmail.comcolmtroy@gmail.com Posts: 1Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@moody_blue said:
    When you extract (or unzip) the installer from git you will obtain a spk file that you can install in Syno.

@moody_blue - i don't see any spk file inside the plexconnect_v0.6-1_for_dsm6.zip file - I assume that's the relevant place to look?

Is there a build step required to make the .spk file?

• Rob_W67Rob_W67 Posts: 2Members

@moody_blue - i don't see any spk file inside the plexconnect_v0.6-1_for_dsm6.zip file - I assume that's the relevant place to look?

Is there a build step required to make the .spk file?

This is actually what my issue is as wel. there is a file package, but is has a tgz extension. also some a directory with scripts wizard ufiles and some pictures.

So if someone could help how I could compile this or stil has a spa file that I could get, I would be very thankful