Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Feedback, support, suggestions thread

pecinkopecinko Posts: 1,062Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
edited November 2013 in Amber

In order to install download the file from above location and unzip it to  ~/Application Support/Plex Home Theater/addons/

Restart Plex Home Theater (if it was running) and select Amber from settings/appearance.

Amber features vertical home layout & MediaStream looks, while providing more views.  

Feedback is appreciated. 

Have fun.

Quartz theme for PlexConnectApp (Apple TV 4)
Amber skin for PHT, Quartz

Comments

• OP8OP8 Posts: 116Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited July 2013
    pecinko wrote on July 8 2013, 9:56 AM: »

Anybody interested in Amber skin for latest PHT? I've done a initial (crude) port and changed home layout to vertical one.

Reason I ask is

1) because skin is quite similar to Mediastream except for more views being available (not a bad thing but you won't get wow effect)

2) there is still a bit work left to do

...and it is useless to invest further time if there is marginal interest in the skin :)

Thanks for feedback.

More skins = more fun :) I was just starting to look in to mediastream and how to make it more transparent and some little tweaks, guess this sits right in that spot? Would love to see where you're going with this.

Few screens:

hgZJNFFh.jpg

QZBKU6Wh.jpg

wNuR2HTh.jpg

EVCwvdyh.jpg

I would love to see fan art with ken burns option and bit more transparency for recently added / ondeck, also I think it's a must have a episode summary in ondeck.

• anddhanddh Posts: 95Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Heck yes! Just looked it up and it looks awesome!

all-fanart.jpg
  • pecinkopecinko Posts: 1,062Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

OK, I'll try to finish it up - (myplex login & search are missing) and then I'll post a link for everyone to try it out. 

• eug7eug7 Posts: 191Members Plex Pass
    edited July 2013
    I tried it on Plexbmc but if you recall in another post I was limited to 10 or fewer sections. I like Amber. Would it work on the Pi too?

BTW the vertical view is the way to go so way to go.

When can we try it?
    eug7 wrote on July 9 2013, 5:27 AM: »

I tried it on Plexbmc but if you recall in another post I was limited to 10 or fewer sections. I like Amber. Would it work on the Pi too?

BTW the vertical view is the way to go so way to go.

When can we try it?

I have increased number of items in the meantime, just didn't push the update to GIT yet.

Regarding the Pi - if you can run Plex on it, you can use Amber. Speed is the same as on XBMC as far as skin is concerned. 

OK, it's out, see the first post for install details :-)

• unisonrussunisonruss Plex-Enthusiast Posts: 1,901Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Looking forward to screens! I don't use the HT client but it's fun to see what's avail.
    edited July 2013

Heh.. Help you help me? :)

I've invested several months in developing a skin how about you invest a few minutes to install PHT and take a look? And, while you're there, make and post some screens for others to see?

I'll be doing some more coding meanwhile :-)

pecinko wrote on July 9 2013, 8:05 AM: »

Heh.. Help you help me? :)

I've invested several months in developing a skin how about you invest a few minutes to install PHT and take a look? And, while you're there, make and post some screens for others to see?

I'll be doing some more coding meanwhile :-)

I'll take a look in this after I get home from work, love to see a new skin and I'll be grabbing few screen shots on the way.

edited July 2013

Thanks. In the meantime I go continue banging my head against Plex Search wall.... I ended up almost entirely copying Mediastream code and it still doesn't work correctly.

edited July 2013

I've updated my post with few screens, I'll add few more when I've got more time later tonight.

First impression,

love the clear look. It feels more polished mediastream, and I absolutely love it. OSD = pure awesomeness, tho would love to see some cleaning in the OSD menu.

Thanks & feel free to post suggestions.

pecinko, can you give us the ability to turn off on deck and recently and replace with section content sensitive fanart slide show. People have been asking for the ability to switch off in MediaStream for it seems like years. View setting don't save. So if you set view to icon next time in it reverts to the default view but I think this is a Rasplex issue.

Does this mean everything except home page is working nicely for you performance wise?

Before adding features I would love to add missing parts

- myPlex loging screen

and fix known issues

- section headers are missing or broken

- remove download subtitles from OSD as Plex does not support it

- remove descriptions for channels as Plex does not support them

- hide views that does not make sense for some sections (e.g. big panel for channels)

Unfortunately latest PHT has various issues and that does not really help skinning. 

• anddhanddh Posts: 95Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited July 2013
    I am experiencing the issue of view settings not saving too.

I must say though, this is really amazing work. I'm in love with it already!
    all-fanart.jpg

Not saving views is latest PHT issue, I'm afraid. You can try downgrading your PHT although I'm not sure if it will work or crash on home page due to home screen changes made between latest PHT and older versions.  

I don't have PlexPass so I'm not able to test. I could probably make it compatible with good old Plex MC but then it probably won't work on Rpi. It seems that I will eventually do this as it is almost impossible to skin for latest PHT...

Everything seemed fairly ok on the Pi. I see all my sections now not like the way it was with the Plexbmc version. Adding the feature to remove on deck and recently & to replace with fanart is one way to distinguish your skin from Mediastream otherwise it's very close to what media stream can do.

edited July 2013

Hi,

skin feels solid, it actually feels quicker than the any other skin. I love the gear+dim when starting to play something. Like I said earlier, the OSD is awesome, tho would like to see only 1 row at the bottom of the screen instead of 2rows now. Cleaner progress bar would be +, it kinda looks out of place when thinking how polished the rest of the skin feels.

Would like to see OSD using same font as in the second and third screenshot in the names of the series.

Would love to see few more core colors in the future as well (which replace all the orange etc).

would it be possible to do or atleast add an option to the following options:

- Ondeck on top, and when pressing to access the list, ondeck row focuses first

- When accessing ondeck, left side tree+grey background hides completely and shows you active episode information (+if you add fan art option, it will show up after hiding the tree+background). <- this would be killer feature!

• rsavarsava Posts: 2,739Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Got this loaded, looks nice. We will play around with it for a few days and let you know.

Good work pecinko.

R Sava

Finishing up PMC version... It's nice when things work :)