Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Server Unavailable

So my friend hosts his server on plex. My friend gave me access in March and I have been able to watch movies and tv shows ever since until June 20th. After then it would say server is unavailable, last seen june 20th. So I tried another computer, same problem. I logged in on my android device, it worked.  I was confused. So he created another user account and gave me access. Same problem. Other friends of his can access the server. I am confused to why I can watch it on my cell phone but not at home. Is it my ISP or whats the deal? From March to May I was in another geographical location with one ISP, from June to right now i am staying with my parents with a different ISP. Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks

Kevin

Comments

• BigWheelBigWheel Posts: 8,450Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

how are you connecting to it on computer?  the my.plexapp.com site clicking on plex/web link?

• neuman06neuman06 Posts: 3Members

Correct, through google chrome.

• BigWheelBigWheel Posts: 8,450Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee
    Are you using the same computer? Or using your parents computer? If your parents I would first turn off all firewalls av software etc. I suppose the isp could be blocking ports but that seems odd that any would these days. Not sure what port you would need to check for though. What isp do your parents have?
  • neuman06neuman06 Posts: 3Members

When I came to my parents place I brought my PC with me. I've tried both my PC and my parents PC. My parents have TDS Telecom and my apartment has Charter Communcations.