Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

How do I use Plex Media Server without myPlex?

dreamlayersdreamlayers Posts: 22Members

I want to use Plex Media Server to serve local media to my local TV. I don't want to share media online.

After upgrading to Plex-Media-Server-0.9.728.33-f80a4a2-en-US, when I go to the local management interface at http://127.0.0.1:32400/web/, I'm told to "Sign in to your myPlex account". How do I get around this?

According to the wiki, there are myPlex options in the server configuration. I can't even get to the server configuration because the login prompt prevents it.

Update: The username and password I use to log in to the forums is recognized, but then I'm told "Sorry, you need to have a PlexPass subscription for this." Why do I need a PlexPass subscription? I just want to share local media with a local TV!

Update 2: Okay, reloading the page after that error message (which seemed to offer no way forward) actually got me to the get started page.

Comments

• sa2000sa2000 Posts: 25,512Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Plex Team Member Plex Team Member
    dreamlayers wrote on July 27 2013, 3:18 PM: »

Update: The username and password I use to log in to the forums is recognized, but then I'm told "Sorry, you need to have a PlexPass subscription for this." Why do I need a PlexPass subscription? I just want to share local media with a local TV!

Only certain features in Plex/Web need PlexPASS - you do not need it to use PMS