Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

iPlayer and 4oD problems

suburbiaboysuburbiaboy Posts: 10Members ✭✭
edited July 2009 in Plex Channel Plugins
Anyone working these plugins?
Hey guys,

Just wondered if anyone was still actively working on either the iPlayer or 4oD plugins?

Basically, the 4oD plugin is completely dead for me no content at all and the iPlayer has a few problems. For example I can't pause anything and some of the lists seem to be empty. It's been that way for a while now.

Cheers for the amazing work otherwise.

Comments

• jamjam Plex Dev Team Posts: 4,302Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee
    Hey, welcome to the forum!

Yes, both are being worked on. Both sites launched new versions over the last few weeks (iPlayer now has HD streams, and 4oD added the full archive to the web player rather than just the last 30 days). Unfortunately both of these redesigns broke compatibility with Plex - although the sites still have a similar design, the underlying code is totally different & required a complete rewrite of both plug-ins.

The new 4oD plug-in is finished and should be out within a few days (or at least have a beta version posted on the forum). iPlayer still needs a little more work - we're working on bypassing the BBC player completely (it has all sorts of compatibility issues, like the dodgy pause command) but it'll be at least another couple of weeks until that's out as it needs updates to Plex to make it work properly.

Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for bearing with us :)
  • suburbiaboysuburbiaboy Posts: 10Members ✭✭
    edited July 2009
    Thats great news, I look forward to trying those out when they're ready.

Yeah I noticed the 4oD site has become a really good source of content now, hopefully they'll start upping the quality too because thats the only weak point for me.

Thanks for all the hard work.
  • knowlrknowlr Posts: 21Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    If you need a beta tester I'll volunteer. My wife is killing me about the 4OD plugin so any help I can give... ;-)
  • maurjmaurj Posts: 36Members
    Another beta-tester volunteer here if you need it!
  • cameronkjackcameronkjack Posts: 6Members
    you can add me to the beta list if you need more testers
  • DynaDDynaD Posts: 6Members Plex Pass
    Add me to that list too. :)
  • gonzalesgonzales Posts: 9Members
    Hi hows it going with that BETA? I'd be happy to check it out too. My wife is nagging me for a Property Ladder fix :rolleyes:
  • furbysfurbys Posts: 384Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Thought it was just me. Glad to here it's been worked on, any news Jam? It's such a great way to access that content (probably not top of your list of things to do though)

The TVDB API 2.0 -  A series isn't in the order you expect - Check TheTVDB series specific information

Any news on these plugins now that 0.8.2 is available? I'm desperate to get 4OD and iPlayer working on our Mac Mini without needing to use Safari...
  • furbysfurbys Posts: 384Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Thought I might have a go at fixing these today. Don't think I can do the 4OD but maybe the iPlayer.

If anyone wants to point me in the right direction. More tricky as I didn't write the original

The TVDB API 2.0 -  A series isn't in the order you expect - Check TheTVDB series specific information

Has anybody been able to get the new 4oD plugin to work?

It just displays a 'Downloading programme information from 4oD' box for me, but doesn't seem to actually do anything. None of the menus are accessible.
  • wally007wally007 Posts: 1,233Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    DomR wrote on Aug 18 2009, 12:50 PM:
    Has anybody been able to get the new 4oD plugin to work?

It just displays a 'Downloading programme information from 4oD' box for me, but doesn't seem to actually do anything. None of the menus are accessible.

yep , same here.
    I take it nobody's working on this any more?
    jam wrote on Jul 13 2009, 02:30 AM:
    The new 4oD plug-in is finished and should be out within a few days (or at least have a beta version posted on the forum). iPlayer still needs a little more work - we're working on bypassing the BBC player completely (it has all sorts of compatibility issues, like the dodgy pause command) but it'll be at least another couple of weeks until that's out as it needs updates to Plex to make it work properly.

Hey guys as with the above posters it would be great just to get some info on what's happening with these plugins its been well over a month since Jam answered my initial question. I'm completely happy that it takes as long as it takes with these things and I'm very grateful it's happening at all but it would be really cool just for whoever has the knowledge to share it with those of who don't.

Cheers.
    I'm also interested to know if anyone is working on these plugins. I'm up for trying to fix them, but don't want to spend the time if a new version is already in the works...
    Guys, on Jam's blog it says 4OD is working:

http://james.plexapp.com/

Anyone tried it since then (8th Aug) ?
  • tismeytismey Posts: 22Members ✭✭
    suburbiaboy wrote on Aug 25 2009, 09:36 AM:
    Guys, on Jam's blog it says 4OD is working:

http://james.plexapp.com/

Anyone tried it since then (8th Aug) ?

Yep, it's still not working. Gives you the 'downloading information from 4OD' dialogue pane, but nothing else.
    No not working for me either.
  • garyakagaryaka Posts: 10Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Not working here either, a very much missed app on plex. I wish it was sorted out. :(
  • gonzalesgonzales Posts: 9Members
    Hi guys
    Not working here neither. Really miss this app. Can anyone confirm if anyone is still working on it? Appreciate there are many things to work on, but 4oD is a superb app
    Cheers