If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Ubuntu repo still at 0.9.7.22?

Comments

• the_belgainthe_belgain Posts: 70Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Another bump - it's annoying and very un-Linux'y to have to manually update the software... :)

• TrudgeTrudge Gone off to greener pastures.... Posts: 9,360Members ✭✭✭
    the_belgain wrote on November 3 2013, 11:32 AM: »

Another bump - it's annoying and very un-Linux'y to have to manually update the software... :)

Tobias is rather busy, he'll get to it when he has time, he knows it is broken.

Primary PMS: Ubuntu 13.10, i7-4771, 16GB Ram, Samsung 840 Pro 512GB
    Media Storage: 2 x ReadyNas Pro Business 18TB mounted by NFS to Plex Server
    Desktop Clients: 1 x Windows 7 27", 1 x 15.4 Retina MBP, 2 x17" MBP, 1 x 13" MB, 1 x13" MBA
    Mobile Clients: 2 x iPhone 5s, 3 x iPhone 5, 3 x iPhone 4s, 3 x iPhone 4, 2 x iPad 3, 2 x iPad 2
    Airplay & PlexConnect Targets: 4 x ATV3
  • dutch2005dutch2005 Posts: 17Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

If I download the installation package manually for now to get the latest version.. Will I once the repo gets up and running again, be able to update it? (I know if I at first run install an APK file on android non-play store I cant auto update it....)

• TrudgeTrudge Gone off to greener pastures.... Posts: 9,360Members ✭✭✭
    dutch2005 wrote on November 3 2013, 2:40 PM: »

If I download the installation package manually for now to get the latest version.. Will I once the repo gets up and running again, be able to update it? (I know if I at first run install an APK file on android non-play store I cant auto update it....)

it is all the same file, when the repo is fixed it will just become automatic.

Primary PMS: Ubuntu 13.10, i7-4771, 16GB Ram, Samsung 840 Pro 512GB
    Media Storage: 2 x ReadyNas Pro Business 18TB mounted by NFS to Plex Server
    Desktop Clients: 1 x Windows 7 27", 1 x 15.4 Retina MBP, 2 x17" MBP, 1 x 13" MB, 1 x13" MBA
    Mobile Clients: 2 x iPhone 5s, 3 x iPhone 5, 3 x iPhone 4s, 3 x iPhone 4, 2 x iPad 3, 2 x iPad 2
    Airplay & PlexConnect Targets: 4 x ATV3
  • sanchonsanchon Posts: 3Members ✭✭

don't forget about the broken ubuntu repo... :-(

• SimulacrumSimulacrum Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass

Bump... Can we get an update to this?  Just went to use the new Chromecast functionality and got no love from my server. :(  I had no idea auto updates had stopped.

• nxtgencowboynxtgencowboy Posts: 13Members ✭✭

I agree.. Can we get this updated or a link to the lastest build for us running Ubuntu? 

• shanlonshanlon Posts: 16Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Patience, guys. The people who fix this stuff already know and do this in their downtime. A manual update method has already been provided and works fine as a workaround.

Plex Server
    Ubuntu Server 14.04

i5-3470 Quad 3.2GHz

4GB DDR3

120GB SSD

Storage
    Drobo FS / 10TB

• PinkyThePiggyPinkyThePiggy Posts: 235Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    nxtgencowboy wrote on December 12 2013, 4:59 PM: »

I agree.. Can we get this updated or a link to the lastest build for us running Ubuntu? 

The manual method (for latest public release is):

wget "http://downloads.plexapp.com/plex-media-server/0.9.8.14.263-139ddbc/plexmediaserver_0.9.8.14.263-139ddbc_amd64.deb"
    sudo dpkg -i plexmediaserver_0.9.8.14.263-139ddbc_amd64.deb

Plex Server: Arch w/ ZFS Root partition, i5-3470, 16GB RAM, 6-2 TB Hard Drives in RAID Z2 (ZFS)

Plex Clients: Galaxy S3, iPhone 4S, Plex/Web, RasPlex, PHT on craptop, Roku 2

• i814u2i814u2 Posts: 24Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited December 2013
    PinkyThePiggy wrote on December 13 2013, 2:21 PM: »

The manual method (for latest public release is):

wget "http://<redacted>/plexmediaserver_0.9.8.14.263-139ddbc_amd64.deb"
    sudo dpkg -i plexmediaserver_0.9.8.14.263-139ddbc_amd64.deb

Are you sure that's the latest public release?

According to this site:

http://wiki.plexapp.com/index.php/Downloads#Ubuntu_.2864-bit.29_-_PMS

0.9.8.10 is the latest. The link you provided is the latest for plex pass members (requires a login to get the link, etc).

To be fair (and honest/open about my actions), I reported your post just in case that link shouldn't be out there. I don't mean any personal offense, so please don't take any.

Also, if I'm incorrect I will gladly fix my post. Someone please let me know. 

EDIT: Well crap. I'm wrong. For some reason I didn't see the public post until I did a google search for plex and that version number. I suppose I'm not as awake as I thought I was at this time.

I apologize for the run-around. I wish I could un-report something. *sigh*

Also, I just subscribed to this thread:

https://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/topic/62832-plex-media-server/

Seems like that is the best plan until the repo is fixed. I'll go drink my coffee now and hide in the corner.

• plex@famverhaegen.beplex@famverhaegen.be Posts: 48Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Since this issue is still ongoing ... doesn't seem important enough :-( 

Latest public release instructions x64 :

cd ~
    wget http://downloads.plexapp.com/plex-media-server/0.9.8.18.290-11b7fdd/plexmediaserver_0.9.8.18.290-11b7fdd_amd64.deb
    sudo dpkg -i plexmediaserver_0.9.8.18.290-11b7fdd_amd64.deb

• asagarraasagarra Posts: 73Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Can we have the link for 0.9.9.3?

I can't understand why we can't find the last link at the downloads page. I'd rather prefer the repo, but an updated link at the downloads page would work in the meantime.

thanks!

PMS: Home made NAS. Xeon E3-1230v2. 8Gb on Ubuntu 16.04.03

• tobiashietatobiashieta Plex Dev Team Posts: 5,524Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee
    The link is there if you login with a PP account and press show plexpass releases.

Follow me on twitter @tobiashieta or G+

• asagarraasagarra Posts: 73Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Sorry, and thanks... I tried but I don't know how I failed.

I see the link now. thanks.

PMS: Home made NAS. Xeon E3-1230v2. 8Gb on Ubuntu 16.04.03

• Baron3Baron3 Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

also looking forward to having this back up and running

workaround works so can't complain

• Da_LukeDa_Luke Posts: 47Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Well if it can auto update that would be fine. But updating it manually does the trick now.

• PlaythisPlaythis Posts: 66Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited March 2014

https://forums.plex.tv/topic/100533-massive-security-hole-in-plex-media-server-in-versions-older-than-0993/

this would be a good time to finally set up a repo again. the last statement about this was that you plex guys don't have time for this, then just do a ppa, like for the client.

i only discovered about the vulnerability by accident in the plex reddit, even though i'm subscribed to the server change log thread. but there was no notice for that, even not there, plus the updates always say plex pass only, even though the update could be downloaded.

the latest update is: "Plex Media Server 0.9.8.18 (Public)"

this stopped me from updating.

please fix this, as proven by this incident it's really bad for security.

please do it fast

• pfoopfoo Posts: 21Members ✭✭

It will soon be a year since ubuntu repository is offline. Do you guys need help ... ?

• EddieAEddieA Posts: 364Members ✭✭✭

I guess if a "Massive security hole", to use your own words, isn't sufficint motivation, then I'm not sure what is.

Cheers.

• alexw1982alexw1982 Posts: 25Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

+1 for a ppa - just like you guys did it for plexHT -  I also oversaw the security hole issue until it was mentioned in this thread (which I subscribed to)...unfortunately I don't have the skills otherwise I would offer my support.

cheers

alex