If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Ubuntu repo still at 0.9.7.22?

13»

Comments

• tobiashietatobiashieta Plex Dev Team Posts: 5,524Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee
    alexw1982 wrote on March 11 2014, 8:49 PM: »

+1 for a ppa - just like you guys did it for plexHT - I also oversaw the security hole issue until it was mentioned in this thread (which I subscribed to)...unfortunately I don't have the skills otherwise I would offer my support.

cheers
    alex

ppa's work great for open sourced software and not so much for closed source stuff.

Follow me on twitter @tobiashieta or G+

• PlaythisPlaythis Posts: 66Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

ok.

no comment about the repo at all?

• shadowcodeshadowcode Posts: 1Members

Plex desperately needs an auto-update mechanism. The current situation undermines any usability effort; I can't recommend Plex to non-technical people if they have to update Plex manually. 

Obviously, developing an auto-updater that works reliable across all platforms is going to cost a lot of time.

But until then, having a repository again would be a very good work-around.

I know that there are always more (interesting) bugs to squash and features to add, but please consider pushing the deadline by two days in order to schedule time for setting up an official repository once again.

• pfoopfoo Posts: 21Members ✭✭

The bright side is that plex's debian version is now more simple to upgrade than the ubuntu official release

• geiraagegeiraage Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass

Any news on the off repo?

• fluchtsalatfluchtsalat Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited January 2015

Just started Plexing on my Android but I am shocked since I saw there seems to be no repo for my server...

No good news yet?

• m33xm33x Posts: 15Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I just deleted the two files

sudo rm -f /etc/apt/sources.list.d/plexmediaserver.list
    and
    sudo rm -f /etc/apt/sources.list.d/plexmediaserver.list.save

sudo apt-get update

-> All problems gone ;)

Plex Media Server on Ubuntu Linux

PlexConnect running standalone on AppleTV 2 (Jailbroken) with remote library connected through myPlex *killer feature*

Plex iOS App on iPad 2, iPhone 6S

13»