Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

simonjhogan's PLEX Client for LG Smart TV

Comments

• RosenwasserRosenwasser Members Posts: 5

I had the same problem a week ago. 

I used a 2GB USB stick and it didn't worked.

Now I use a old one from 500 Mb without a problem.

Hopefully this will help.

Benny

• ankan78ankan78 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 192 Plex Pass
    I only have one USB stick right now so I can not test with an older one.

Skickas från min iPhone via Tapatalk
  • mcflymmcflym Members, Plex Pass Posts: 57 Plex Pass

Hi

The installation is like just copy the zip content to the usb root?

Greets

• kai1978kai1978 Members Posts: 1

Please give full instructions on the TV client installation in the first post or page http://simonjhogan.github.io/plex.lg/ or in the downloadable archive

Пожалуйста дайте полную инструкцию установки клиента на телевизор в первом посте или на странице http://simonjhogan.github.io/plex.lg/ или в скачиваемом архиве

• ErdexErdex Members, Plex Pass Posts: 4 Plex Pass
    edited December 2013

Инструкция:

1. Скачать архив отсюда http://plex.h3consulting.net/

2. Распаковать архив на флешку в папку lgapps/installed

3. Зайти в свой аккаунт на телевизоре

4. Вставить флешку в порт для приложений (обычно верхний)

5. Зайти в "My Apps", там справа около полосы с объёмом памяти появится 2 иконки - TV и USB. Выбрать USB

6. Должна появится иконка приложения Plex. Открыть, выбрать IP компьютера на котором стоит Plex Media Server

How to inatsll app to LG TV:

1. Download app from http://plex.h3consulting.net/

2. Created the folder structure on usb drive like this: lgapps/installed

3. Unzip archive to lgapps/installed on USB

4.  Make sure you are signed in to your Smart TV account.

5. Put USB drive into your TV
    6. On remote press 'SMART'.
    7. Click on 'LG Smart World' icon (bottom of screen).
    8. Click on 'My Apps' icon (top of screen).
    9. Click on the USB icon (top right). You should hopefully see the 'Plex Test' icon appear.
    10. Click on icon and enter PMS IP address. Nb 192.168.0.123 is entered (via remote) as 192 'OK' 168 'OK' 000 'OK' 123 OK'. If the address is correct then the familiar Plex UI will appear (most noticably without artwork). Note also there is no backspace facility if you get the IP address wrong!

Does anyone know how to configure transcoding? I download transcoding profile from http://plexforlg.nickbabenko.com/LG%20TV.xml.zip, put it to c:\Program Files (x86)\Plex\Plex Media Server\Resources\Profiles\ and it's not working.

Кто-нибудь знает как настроить транскодирование? Я скачал профиль отсюда http://plexforlg.nickbabenko.com/LG%20TV.xml.zip, записал его в c:\Program Files (x86)\Plex\Plex Media Server\Resources\Profiles\ Настроек как выбрать профиль я нигде не нашёл. Транскодирования как не было так и нет.

• DwaineGardenDwaineGarden Members, Plex Pass Posts: 7 Plex Pass

I was wondering why the resolution is set to 720p in the lgconfig.xml?   The TV native resolution is 1080p?  

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no" ?>
    - <app_content>
      <app_type>2</app_type>
    - <capability>
      <sdk_version>03.00.00</sdk_version>
      <use_internet>Y</use_internet>
      <use_magic>Y</use_magic>
      <use_camera>N</use_camera>
      <use_3d>N</use_3d>
      <memory_size>64</memory_size>
      <resolution>1280,720</resolution>
      </capability>
      </app_content>
  • dodd168dodd168 Members Posts: 8
    Erdex wrote on December 11 2013, 5:03 PM: »

Инструкция:

5. Зайти в "My Apps", там справа около полосы с объёмом памяти появится 2 иконки - TV и USB. Выбрать USB

6. Должна появится иконка приложения Plex. Открыть, выбрать IP компьютера на котором стоит Plex Media Server

9. Click on the USB icon (top right). You should hopefully see the 'Plex Test' icon appear.
    10. Click on icon and enter PMS IP address. Nb 192.168.0.123 is entered (via remote) as 192 'OK' 168 'OK' 000 'OK' 123 OK'. If the address is correct then the familiar Plex UI will appear (most noticably without artwork). Note also there is no backspace facility if you get the IP address wrong!

Every time I click OK it goes back to the original IP.

L

dodd168 wrote on December 11 2013, 6:28 PM: »

L

Does the scan network function not work?  It works for me every time I run it.   It should automatically find the Plex server.

DwaineGarden wrote on December 11 2013, 6:44 PM: »

Does the scan network function not work?  It works for me every time I run it.   It should automatically find the Plex server.

I am using a standard remote. Is there another way? I can move off the IP address when on the first screen. 

My plex server is always on as I use it on other devices.

dodd168 wrote on December 11 2013, 6:48 PM: »

I am using a standard remote. Is there another way? I can move off the IP address when on the first screen. 

My plex server is always on as I use it on other devices.

Maybe we can assign a key from the remote to initiate the Network scan for people that have the standard remote.   Sorry about that.  Did not realize you using a standard remote.

• ankan78ankan78 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 192 Plex Pass
    My tv can see the plex app on the USB drive but when i start the plex icon it says loading and nothing happends. It is like it is searching for the server but I am not able to fill in the ip adress because it just says loading...... What can be wrong?

Hans

Skickas från min iPhone via Tapatalk
    DwaineGarden wrote on December 11 2013, 6:58 PM: »

Maybe we can assign a key from the remote to initiate the Network scan for people that have the standard remote.   Sorry about that.  Did not realize you using a standard remote.

this would be great if someone could  :)

• Allan CameronAllan Cameron Members, Plex Pass Posts: 504 Plex Pass
    edited December 2013
    Erdex wrote on December 11 2013, 5:03 PM: »

Инструкция:

Thanks, but that does not work.

I have tried everything, and it does not show up on the usb when using on my LG 50LA6205

Tried unzipping and using as is, I even tried using just the files in the WebContent folder... nothing!

I have had others work, but not this one.

dodd168 wrote on December 11 2013, 6:28 PM: »

L

This bug (bug relating to changing PMS address) was in version 0.1 and it was fixed in version 0.2. Try install last version 0.2.01 - maybe it will work correctly.

• mr_tmr_t Members Posts: 21 ✭✭
    edited December 2013
    dodd168 wrote on December 11 2013, 8:31 PM: »

this would be great if someone could  :)

If you use the code snippet I wrote and posted on pg 1 of this thread, it enables arrow key control on the standard remote. You can navigate to the scan/save buttons. (Works for me on my 2011 TV at any rate).

mr_t wrote on December 11 2013, 11:07 PM: »

If you use the code snippet I wrote and posted on pg 1 of this thread, it enables arrow key control on the standard remote. You can navigate to the scan/save buttons. (Works for me on my 2011 TV at any rate).

I need a dummies guide as I am not sure what I am doing. Sorry.

I would appreciate if someone could.

• w32-blasterw32-blaster Members, Plex Pass Posts: 15 Plex Pass
    dodd168 wrote on December 12 2013, 6:30 AM: »

Well, sorry to say but this thread is created by simon for testers. If you cannot manage some easy steps then please wait until the app will be more stable.

Regards,

Tamas

• mr_tmr_t Members Posts: 21 ✭✭
    dodd168 wrote on December 12 2013, 6:30 AM: »

It involves opening the file index.html and pasting in the code I linked (after line 52). However if this is not something you're comfortable doing I'd wait until Simon creates another release (this issue is apparently fixed in the working codebase), I think that will happen soon. Particularly since there are other issues with the standard remote once you get the current app running.

mr_t wrote on December 12 2013, 1:37 PM: »

It involves opening the file index.html and pasting in the code I linked (after line 52). However if this is not something you're comfortable doing I'd wait until Simon creates another release (this issue is apparently fixed in the working codebase), I think that will happen soon. Particularly since there are other issues with the standard remote once you get the current app running.

Thanks you've been very helpful.  :)