If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

simonjhogan's PLEX Client for LG Smart TV

1204205206207208210»

Comments

• amwjujoamwjujo Posts: 21Members Plex Pass

@Gdr56 said:

@jasonnroth said:

@amwjujo said:
    For me since the last updates, sometime the stream just stops suddenly without any errors.

I'm having this exac same problem. We will be watching something and it will just stop. We restart it from where we left off and it continues playing just fine. Seems to be happening more frequently as well. Sometimes multiple times during the same show. Any ideas?

Please reply with following info.

PMS version, Tv model and year.

File type avi mkv. Are these causing the issue.

Have you got secure networks disabled.

Tv app, settings/network/ server address and port

I think this issue is PMS related and got nothing to do with the version of Netcast.
    For example, most of my files are .mkv and I've notice that this issue occur when some other clients on the network are active(they're playing something).
    I'm afraid that with every PMS update that we will have in the future, this app will slowly start to lose functionalities. Too bad that Simon didn't decide to continue with it's development. I know that the official one is free, but lately we've noticed that if you don't have a TV with newer OS version - webOS - the developer won't pay attention that much to older TV's - like Netcast .
    I don't think there are many of us that change the TV when new stuff come up the market so an alternative is always welcome.

• schulzzzschulzzz Posts: 3Members

Hey there,

is there a way to install playz on LG TV's with WebOS 3.5?

I cannot find the app in the LG store :-(

I like the App very much, all other Apps are
    really not so good.

With best regards

Acbim

• amwjujoamwjujo Posts: 21Members Plex Pass

@schulzzz said:
    Hey there,

is there a way to install playz on LG TV's with WebOS 3.5?

I cannot find the app in the LG store :-(

I like the App very much, all other Apps are
    really not so good.

With best regards

Acbim

Try XPlay. You will be more than happy with that. This app is designed for old Netcast platform and not for WebOs.

• schulzzzschulzzz Posts: 3Members

Thanks, i tried it out and found it not so good in the actual version.
    Most i miss the Funktion, to show my media as a list.

So i have to wait until they create the function :-(

On my last LG there was WebOS 2 and playz could be installed...

• ClosestStormClosestStorm Posts: 69Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@schulzzz I've some up with a dns redirect method for Panasonic virea TV same method should work on lg tv's video here

will work on lg just redirect a different app, I'm pretty sure lifeshow players on lg to :)

• Domy976Domy976 Posts: 3Members

@ClosestStorm said:
    @schulzzz I've some up with a dns redirect method for Panasonic virea TV same method should work on lg tv's video here

will work on lg just redirect a different app, I'm pretty sure lifeshow players on lg to :)

Can you tell me how to adapt you script for LG TVs? I have already installed LiveShow but i don't know how to go on.
    Thanks!

@Domy976 download my dns script from here https://github.com/ClosestStorm/panasonic-plex-dns there's a file call dns.conf edit the line panasonic-proud.lifeshow.com to lg.lifeshow.com note it must be installed on bsd/linux based system might work on Windows but not tried it. Message me if you need anymore help

I just can't understand this sentence:
    "you must put the contents of webhtmls on your local apache server"
    What is my apache server?

And what shall i do with "usr" folder?

edited September 4

@Domy976 extract original zip in install script after cd to /usr/local/dns then python ./fakedns.py -c ./dns.conf you first need edit dns.conf change Panasonic-proud.lifeshow.com to lg.lifeshow.com and the 192.168.1.153 to a local server or remote server apache/ngix server with the index.html in the webhtmls folder. Don't know weather lg web browser you can hide toolbar if you can you can go to plex web directly by going http://plex.tv/web/tv/lg

• Buenas tardes intento instalar playz media en un tv lg 47lm960v. descargo el archivo zip (el mas reciente playz 1.0.1.1 2014/09/11). Formateo un usb con formato fat 32 y creo en el lgapps/installed, y dentro de la carpeta installed meto la carpeta descomprimidad que viene nombrada con un numero de 6 digitos (237576) quedando el directorio del usb asi: lgapps/installed/237576. meto la memoria usb en la tele (probado desde los 3 usb disponibles) voy a mis apps y veo que aparece el simbolo de usb y me indica el tamaño que ocupa. Selecciono el icono del usb y me sale un mensaje de error que dice error de aplicación y no lo puedo instalar.

Que estoy haciendo mal? como puedo instalar este u otro cliente plex en la tv lg 47lm960v.

Gracias

• Good afternoon I try to install media playz on a tv lg 47lm960v. I downloaded the zip file (the most recent playz 1.0.1.1 2014/09/11). I formed a usb with format FAT32 and I believe in the lgapps / installed, and inside the folder installed in the unzipped folder that comes with a number of 6 digits (237576) leaving the usb directory as follows: lgapps / installed / 237576. I put the USB memory in the TV (tested from the 3 usb available) I go to my apps and I see that it appears in the usb symbol and it indicates the size it occupies. I select the usb icon and I sell an error message that says error when loading applications and I can not install it.

What am I doing wrong? how can i install this or another plex client on tv lg 47lm960v.

Thank you

• SpiderGWSpiderGW Posts: 10Members ✭✭

I have LG Smart TV, but with plex clients I must confirm plex activation code every time when I launch the plex. This is very unconvinient. How to solve this problem ?

• JonMayerJonMayer Posts: 3Members ✭✭

@SpiderGW said:
    I have LG Smart TV, but with plex clients I must confirm plex activation code every time when I launch the plex. This is very unconvinient. How to solve this problem ?

For the official Plex App on LG TV - Factory reset the TV and re-install Plex. This happens randomly and one of the reasons why I 'm looking into other streaming devices. That and the TV really can't handle the official app anymore. The more they add, the slower it gets.

• SE56SE56 Posts: 1,769Members ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 7

@JonMayer said:

@SpiderGW said:

For the official Plex App on LG TV - Factory reset the TV and re-install Plex. This happens randomly and one of the reasons why I 'm looking into other streaming devices. That and the TV really can't handle the official app anymore. The more they add, the slower it gets.

Disagree, I do not have this issue so i believe it must be a unique setting. I found this recent discussion with some insight into the issue.

https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/comment/1552893#Comment_1552893

TV:(1). LG 65UB950T UHD Smart TV, (2). Hisense 50K3300UW.Receiver Onkyo TX-NR646 Network Receiver, ARC configured. : Blu- ray Player: Playstation PS3.Server: iMac Late 2015, 32Gb Ram, 3.2GHz Intel i5 Skylake processors.Storage: 3 WD External USB3 HDD. Devices: 2 iPad Air 2 connected with AC Wifi Dual Band. Network: Gigabite Ethernet hardwired , 5 outlets with Cat 6 and 2 Ethernet switches, Full Duplex, AVB mode enabled Remotes: Onkyo ios app, Plex ios, Onkymote, LG Magic remote.Speakers: Bowers and Wilkins Floor Standing Fronts and Mordaunt-Short Genie, Centre, 200W Powered Sub & 4 Satellite Surrounds. Configured for 7.1 Channels.

• tomyuntomyun Posts: 45Members ✭✭

@SE56 said:

@JonMayer said:

@SpiderGW said:

Disagree, I do not have this issue so i believe it must be a unique setting. I found this recent discussion with some insight into the issue.

https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/comment/1552893#Comment_1552893

At least some LG models have this issue persistently. LG app store rep also confirmed this issue on their side and told me they would reach out to Plex to solve the problem. No ETA for fix though. I gave up and move onto external streaming devices like other people.