Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

simonjhogan's PLEX Client for LG Smart TV

1204205206207208210»

Comments

• amwjujoamwjujo Members Posts: 21 ✭✭

@Gdr56 said:

@jasonnroth said:

@amwjujo said:
    For me since the last updates, sometime the stream just stops suddenly without any errors.

I'm having this exac same problem. We will be watching something and it will just stop. We restart it from where we left off and it continues playing just fine. Seems to be happening more frequently as well. Sometimes multiple times during the same show. Any ideas?

Please reply with following info.

PMS version, Tv model and year.

File type avi mkv. Are these causing the issue.

Have you got secure networks disabled.

Tv app, settings/network/ server address and port

I think this issue is PMS related and got nothing to do with the version of Netcast.
    For example, most of my files are .mkv and I've notice that this issue occur when some other clients on the network are active(they're playing something).
    I'm afraid that with every PMS update that we will have in the future, this app will slowly start to lose functionalities. Too bad that Simon didn't decide to continue with it's development. I know that the official one is free, but lately we've noticed that if you don't have a TV with newer OS version - webOS - the developer won't pay attention that much to older TV's - like Netcast .
    I don't think there are many of us that change the TV when new stuff come up the market so an alternative is always welcome.

• schulzzzschulzzz Members Posts: 3

Hey there,

is there a way to install playz on LG TV's with WebOS 3.5?

I cannot find the app in the LG store :-(

I like the App very much, all other Apps are
    really not so good.

With best regards

Acbim

• amwjujoamwjujo Members Posts: 21 ✭✭

@schulzzz said:
    Hey there,

is there a way to install playz on LG TV's with WebOS 3.5?

I cannot find the app in the LG store :-(

I like the App very much, all other Apps are
    really not so good.

With best regards

Acbim

Try XPlay. You will be more than happy with that. This app is designed for old Netcast platform and not for WebOs.

• schulzzzschulzzz Members Posts: 3

Thanks, i tried it out and found it not so good in the actual version.
    Most i miss the Funktion, to show my media as a list.

So i have to wait until they create the function :-(

On my last LG there was WebOS 2 and playz could be installed...

• ClosestStormClosestStorm Members, Plex Pass Posts: 49 Plex Pass

@schulzzz I've some up with a dns redirect method for Panasonic virea TV same method should work on lg tv's video here

will work on lg just redirect a different app, I'm pretty sure lifeshow players on lg to :)