If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

simonjhogan's PLEX Client for LG Smart TV

Comments

• cocutecocute Posts: 1Members
    edited December 2013

hello, i have try to unzip folder  simonjhogan-plex.lg-098c3bd in usb folder \lgapps\installed

but in my LG 42LA860V My Apps>USB    show empty :(

What do I do wrong?

Thanks

• maximlafemaximlafe Posts: 1Members
    edited December 2013
    Finally I've installed the app. Looks awesome thank you.
    And there is one "but", I've some channels on my PMS and I don't see it on my LG TV.
    How make it work?
  • mystic42mystic42 Posts: 2Members
    cocute wrote on December 12 2013, 3:19 PM: »

hello, i have try to unzip folder  simonjhogan-plex.lg-098c3bd in usb folder \lgapps\installed

What do I do wrong?

Thanks

Hi cocute

After you have unzipped simonjhogan-plex.lg-098c3bd open it and copy just the contents (not the whole folder) of the WebContent folder to your usb folder \lgapps\installed\321123 it should then be recognised in MyApps.

I had the same problem and I just couldn't figure out why it was working for everyone else and not me, this solution worked for me.

This app is excellent great work

and a big thank you Simon from a fellow aussie

• Allan CameronAllan Cameron Posts: 511Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    mystic42 wrote on December 12 2013, 10:18 PM: »

Hi cocute

After you have unzipped simonjhogan-plex.lg-098c3bd open it and copy just the contents (not the whole folder) of the WebContent folder to your usb folder \lgapps\installed\321123 it should then be recognised in MyApps.

I had the same problem and I just couldn't figure out why it was working for everyone else and not me, this solution worked for me.

This app is excellent great work

and a big thank you Simon from a fellow aussie

Thanks for trying to help, but still shows nothing for me.

I will just wait for an official release from someone in the app store, then it will work for everyone lol

• timartinellitimartinelli Posts: 9Members ✭✭
    Allan68 wrote on December 12 2013, 11:59 PM: »

Thanks for trying to help, but still shows nothing for me.

I will just wait for an official release from someone in the app store, then it will work for everyone lol

I also can not run it on my TV, a shame.

• momentum88momentum88 Posts: 3Members
    edited December 2013

cocute, on 13 Dec 2013 - 02:19 AM, said:snapback.png

cocute wrote on December 12 2013, 3:19 PM: »

What do I do wrong?

Thanks

Allan68 wrote: Thanks for trying to help, but still shows nothing for me.

timartinelli wrote on December 13 2013, 12:50 AM: »

I also can not run it on my TV, a shame.

Do u guys see the plex icon when you go to your usb? if not, u MUST create a lg account very important! and MUST sign into it, once signed in go back to my app->more->usb(top right-hand-corner) press "OK" and then u'll see the plex icon appeared and press "ok" on your standard remote to run it.

Once into 1st screen your standard remote will not be able to scan for plex network, if you don't have a magic remote to scan for plex network, use your smart phone and download the free LG TV remote from app store. open that app on your phone (make sure its run on the same wifi) to use with your lg smart tv so u can click onto scan network, wait a few mins and enjoy! don't forget to save it). hope that works for you and anyone else too. please let me know how you guys go. Thanks.

momentum88 wrote on December 13 2013, 1:00 AM: »

cocute, on 13 Dec 2013 - 02:19 AM, said:snapback.png

Allan68 wrote: Thanks for trying to help, but still shows nothing for me.

Do u guys see the plex icon when you go to your usb? if not, u MUST create a lg account very important! and MUST sign into it, once signed in go back to my app->more->usb(top right-hand-corner) press "OK" and then u'll see the plex icon appeared and press "ok" on your standard remote to run it.

Once into 1st screen your standard remote will not be able to scan for plex network, if you don't have a magic remote to scan for plex network, use your smart phone and download the free LG TV remote from app store. open that app on your phone (make sure its run on the same wifi) to use with your lg smart tv so u can click onto scan network, wait a few mins and enjoy! don't forget to save it). hope that works for you and anyone else too. please let me know how you guys go. Thanks.

Indeed I have an account and am always signed in.
    I use other apps from USB with no issues, it's only this one that does not show.
    edited December 2013

Allan68 Wrote:

"Indeed I have an account and am always signed in.
    I use other apps from USB with no issues, it's only this one that does not show."

Remove any existing lgapps folder 1st on your usb, then unrar the attachment file to the root of your usb stick/hdd/etc.  and re-insert into your tv and run again. hopefully this time round it'll work. (maybe you have too many apps on your usb, scroll/page down on your tv to look for your plex icon).

momentum88 wrote on December 13 2013, 2:01 AM: »

Allan68 Wrote:

"Indeed I have an account and am always signed in.
    I use other apps from USB with no issues, it's only this one that does not show."

Remove any existing lgapps folder 1st on your usb, then unrar the attachment file to the root of your usb stick/hdd/etc.  and re-insert into your tv and run again. hopefully this time round it'll work. (maybe you have too many apps on your usb, scroll/page down on your tv to look for your plex icon).

Thanks, that does work but is not the same files as the op has shared in the first post of this thread.

http://simonjhogan.github.io/plex.lg/

• daciangeorgedaciangeorge Posts: 1Members

open the app but movie dont play.why ?

edited December 2013
    Allan68 wrote on December 13 2013, 4:12 AM: »

Thanks, that does work but is not the same files as the op has shared in the first post of this thread.

http://simonjhogan.github.io/plex.lg/

They are pretty much the same files and do the same thing, but if u wanna use the files from the 1st post, just copy the two files from my attachment rar file and place them into the files you download from the 1st post in lgapps\installed\321123

89_148x148.png - (This will give u the plex icon on your lg smart tv under my apps)

manifest.xml - (this will allow it to run/recongize the plex app). enjoy!

I don't see any differences, but perhaps you might notice something.

1. (apps still can not resume from last movie played, have to play from the beginning every time else had to fast forward >>).

2. When click back to the original screen the cursor always start from the top of 1st movie/mp3/music folder it cannot remember the last selected movies or mp3/music file selection. very annoying when you have 100+ movies and had to scroll serverls time to get to the next unwatched movie.

• karimovrtkarimovrt Posts: 27Members

reproduced with flac/m4a with this client?
    the client is running on models 2012?

• ankan78ankan78 Posts: 184Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Finally it works :-). I hade to use the lg remote app and click on the server icon on the upper right corner. Thanks all for helping!

Skickas från min iPhone via Tapatalk
  • simonjhogansimonjhogan Posts: 909Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited December 2013

Hi All,

sorry been busy the past week and haven't had much time for the application, but thanks to vsimon and mrdragonraar for their recent fixes/additions.

I have posted an updated version of the app to http://plex.h3consulting.net if you want to download it.

I have also been busy working on an improved home page similar to the one in PLEX home theater and in fixing some sloppy code in the initial release.

[attachment=23097:home.png]

[attachment=23098:settings.png]

I am also still investigating options for encoding video on the fly for formats the tv can't play, along with options for sub titles and audio channel selection ...

Cheers,

Simon

playz.png

Copyright © Simon J. Hogan | Sith'ari Consulting, Australia | playz.sithari.com.au

• SegarraSegarra Posts: 74Members ✭✭

Hi All,

sorry been busy the past week and haven't had much time for the application, but thanks to vsimon and mrdragonraar for their recent fixes/additions.

I have posted an updated version of the app to http://plex.h3consulting.net if you want to download it.

I have also been busy working on an improved home page similar to the one in PLEX home theater and in fixing some sloppy code in the initial release.

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif home.png

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif settings.png

I am also still investigating options for encoding video on the fly for formats the tv can't play, along with options for sub titles and audio channel selection ...

Cheers,

Simon

Hello... Does it play mkv movies, now?

Enviado desde mi GT-P7500 usando Tapatalk 4

No as I said I am still investigating options regarding encoding on the fly ... currently it depends on how the mkv files are encoded ... I have a bunch that work fine (LG 2013 model tv) but it depends on how the video and audio is encoded ... someone previously posted a fix on the previous forum regarding how to get mkv file to play now ...

playz.png

Copyright © Simon J. Hogan | Sith'ari Consulting, Australia | playz.sithari.com.au

• SegarraSegarra Posts: 74Members ✭✭
    I thinks I found a bug... If you have a HD Plugged in to USB HDD, and USB with the Plex app plugged too, everything working perfect.... If you turn OFF TV and then ON again, the Plex App, isnt visible until you unplug everything, USB HDD and USB with app, and you plug again in the correct order.

• shambikoshambiko Posts: 62Members, Plex Pass

When it will be realse to LG App Store ? :] ...

I thinks I found a bug... If you have a HD Plugged in to USB HDD, and USB with the Plex app plugged too, everything working perfect.... If you turn OFF TV and then ON again, the Plex App, isnt visible until you unplug everything, USB HDD and USB with app, and you plug again in the correct order.

Not a bug with the app just they way the tv works.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

playz.png

When it will be realse to LG App Store ? :] ...

Once testing is completed and all initial features are released, which is all dependent on when I have time

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

playz.png