Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

simonjhogan's PLEX Client for LG Smart TV

Comments

• SegarraSegarra Members Posts: 74 ✭✭

Not a bug with the app just they way the tv works.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OK... Congratulations for all work....

Enviado desde mi GT-P7500 usando Tapatalk 4
  • rtriayrtriay Members Posts: 7
    simonjhogan wrote on December 13 2013, 1:28 PM: »

Once testing is completed and all initial features are released, which is all dependent on when I have time

Excellent app!!  

I really appreciate your work and all you are doing to make this work....

Hope MKV´s issue is solved soon....

Keep it up!!!

• primoz_72primoz_72 Members Posts: 3
    edited December 2013

Hi.
    I am so glad to see there is huge progress on LG SmartTV Plex client. Thank you for excelent work!
    I finally managed to get application on my 2013 model TV (obviously only 5 or more years old usb keys work...) and it looks great.

Regarding playback feature I was wondering, if it would be possible to use same player as LG Smartshare is using (for example Plex client could start LG player by command)? LG player support many formats and subtitles, that does not work in my installation of Plex client right now.

Or in opposite way: Plex client could be integrated in LG SmartShare so that when user clicks on Plex server icon recognized by Smartshare Simon's great interface will open to browse collection. All other plaback stuff could be done by LG Smarthare...

But I am not programmer it is just an idea. :)

Good luck with development!

• LacehimLacehim Members Posts: 13

simon are you working on a resume from where you left off feature?  It's one of the best things about plex for windows and iPad.

0.2.02 is running fine on my 60LA6230.  I think the extra processor speed on the 2013 models makes it at lot snappier.

Keep up the good work! :)

• Allan CameronAllan Cameron Members, Plex Pass Posts: 504 Plex Pass
    edited December 2013
    This is coming along quite nice.
    I did notice when using the magic remote if the pointer highlights a video *yellow frame* it remembers that video even when you then choose to use the direction bottons on the remote.
    So you have more then one video at the same time showing selected.

Just trying to help out with bug reporting, Keep up the great work!

edited December 2013
    I also just noticed that when on pause for a length of time there is no screensaver.
    Is it possible to have the client activate the LG screen saver or dim the screen after a set time?
  • karimovrtkarimovrt Members Posts: 27

on models 2012 (LG LM645t) - runs works...but not play) after pressing triangle/play nothing happens)

p.s. page flipping through VERY SLOWLY

• alinescooalinescoo Members Posts: 3

Great to see work on this matter. The default LG player for 2013 really is dumb, no posters, no movie details nothing. I would gladly pay for this app if it works as expected.

I am waiting for a release on LG apps so I can try it.

• vasmav78vasmav78 Members Posts: 2

Thanks a lot for your hard work and your great result. The app also works great on 47LA690S (it is the top european model for the 6 series)

• psyconpsycon Members Posts: 8

is there going to be support for plex channels with this?

• BobstaBobsta Members Posts: 51
    simonjhogan wrote on December 13 2013, 11:18 AM: »

I have posted an updated version of the app to http://plex.h3consulting.net if you want to download it.

I have also been busy working on an improved home page similar to the one in PLEX home theater and in fixing some sloppy code in the initial release.

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the update. If you're working on an updated home page then this feedback may be superfluous... but on my Plex setup I have quite a few categories (I separate out content for the kids vs contents for "grown ups"). On the current version of the app the categories wrap around onto a second line so you can't read the name of them. Image attached: 2013-12-17%2007.21.07.jpg?w=AABl3WVGcw_z

edited December 2013
    Bobsta wrote on December 17 2013, 5:21 PM: »

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the update. If you're working on an updated home page then this feedback may be superfluous... but on my Plex setup I have quite a few categories (I separate out content for the kids vs contents for "grown ups"). On the current version of the app the categories wrap around onto a second line so you can't read the name of them. Image attached: 2013-12-17%2007.21.07.jpg?w=AABl3WVGcw_z

I also think the home category icons are way to big, making them much smaller would allow room to fit more category's.

However i think the home menu is going to be completely changed anyways from what he said?

• vsimon@gmail.comvsimon@gmail.com Members, Plex Pass Posts: 6 Plex Pass
    simonjhogan wrote on December 13 2013, 11:18 AM: »

Hi All,

sorry been busy the past week and haven't had much time for the application, but thanks to vsimon and mrdragonraar for their recent fixes/additions.

I have posted an updated version of the app to http://plex.h3consulting.net if you want to download it.

I have also been busy working on an improved home page similar to the one in PLEX home theater and in fixing some sloppy code in the initial release.

attachicon.gifhome.png

attachicon.gifsettings.png

I am also still investigating options for encoding video on the fly for formats the tv can't play, along with options for sub titles and audio channel selection ...

Cheers,

Simon

Sounds good Simon, screenshots look great!

Anything we could help research in the meantime with on the MKV front or something else? Been trying not to delve too much into the current codebase as I have a feeling much might be changing/refactored real soon  :).

• mrndbsmrndbs Members Posts: 13

I understand the app is still a alpha version, but I can't play movies or anything. Is it correct that I can't do that?!

Besides that, It looks wonderfull.

Waaay better than the standard LG medialink plex UI. 

Thanks!!

Not sure why you can't but I can play all my content no problem.
    Just needs a screen dimmer when on pause for more than a few minutes.
  • shawnchanshawnchan Members, Plex Pass Posts: 42

i think only the mp4 supported right now... I can play my mkv file, but MP4 works as expected. 

• mrndbsmrndbs Members Posts: 13

well maybe that is the problem! All my movies are MKV :)

• SmokeysaSmokeysa Members Posts: 15

Hi, 

Does this client work on LG BluRay too or is this just for TVs?

• simonjhogansimonjhogan Members, Plex Pass Posts: 909 Plex Pass
    Smokeysa wrote:
    Hi,

Does this client work on LG BluRay too or is this just for TVs?

No idea sorry ... Don't have an LG bluray to test on ...

S

• simonjhogansimonjhogan Members, Plex Pass Posts: 909 Plex Pass
    mrndbs wrote:
    well maybe that is the problem! All my movies are MKV :)

I am working on getting the app to utilize plex transcoding which will fix this, not sure when I will get this done as it is complicated and I can't find a lot of documentation ...

Cheers,

S