Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

simonjhogan's PLEX Client for LG Smart TV

Comments

• simonjhogansimonjhogan Members, Plex Pass Posts: 909 Plex Pass
    vsimon wrote:
    Sounds good Simon, screenshots look great!

Anything we could help research in the meantime with on the MKV front or something else? Been trying not to delve too much into the current codebase as I have a feeling much might be changing/refactored real soon :).

I have been busy recoding a bunch of stuff and haven't had a lot of time to investigate the transcoding side of things ... I hope to have an updated client out in the net few days (before Xmas)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Allan68 wrote:
    I also think the home category icons are way to big, making them much smaller would allow room to fit more category's.
    However i think the home menu is going to be completely changed anyways from what he said?

This will be addressed in the next release ...

psycon wrote:
    is there going to be support for plex channels with this?

Not is the foreseeable future ... I have enough other stuff to keep me going for know ... Channels appear to be far more complex to implement than the core plex functions ...

• mrndbsmrndbs Members Posts: 13

Weirdddd.

My plex works. It's a miracle!

Just out of nowhere I saw plex in my smartshare. Had no update or something.

But it's still ugly, so your app would be perf on my tv!!

• rtriayrtriay Members Posts: 7
    simonjhogan wrote on December 19 2013, 1:04 PM: »

This will be addressed in the next release ...

Many thanks for your great work and effort!!!

Thanks!!!!

• shawnchanshawnchan Members, Plex Pass Posts: 42
    Segarra wrote on December 13 2013, 12:55 PM: »

I thinks I found a bug... If you have a HD Plugged in to USB HDD, and USB with the Plex app plugged too, everything working perfect.... If you turn OFF TV and then ON again, the Plex App, isnt visible until you unplug everything, USB HDD and USB with app, and you plug again in the correct order.

Enviado desde mi GT-P7500 usando Tapatalk 4

I think this is a hardware issue. My Tv works okay....I will double try it later when i back hoem

shawnchan wrote on December 19 2013, 9:21 PM: »

I think this is a hardware issue. My Tv works okay....I will double try it later when i back hoem

I have had this issue ... the TV seems to only search the first available usb HD for apps ...

• fraterfrater Members, Plex Pass Posts: 126 Plex Pass
    I am working on getting the app to utilize plex transcoding which will fix this, not sure when I will get this done as it is complicated and I can't find a lot of documentation ...

Cheers,

S

I don't own an LG TV, but on occasion I'm helping a friend out with his Plex issues.
    The last time (2 weeks ago) I tried 2 apps. I think this one was one of them. I couldn't get it past the detection of the server. I hope that's fixed now.

About the ability to transcode:

As far as I know there are 2 other apps in development. 1 is currently under review with LG to get into the official store and another one.

Are the others limited in this way as well? If not, aren't they sharing their code with you so you can solve this?

Cheers
  • bellenthanbellenthan Members Posts: 10

A big thanks for this really amazing job. It's run well on my TV LG 47LA640S with Plex server on a synology nas..

It's a great great apps

Hard to wait for official release ;) :)

So, if I can do a wish, I'll be good to have a watching icon when scrolling into our libraries. More easy to know which ones have been seen.

Thanks

• shopkeepershopkeeper Members, Plex Pass Posts: 30 Plex Pass
    bellenthan wrote on December 21 2013, 9:06 AM: »

A big thanks for this really amazing job. It's run well on my TV LG 47LA640S with Plex server on a synology nas..

It's a great great apps

Could you tell me what synology nas you have? I am looking to update my old nas soon and would like one that I can use the Plex server on.

• rprzlopezrprzlopez Members, Plex Pass Posts: 40 Plex Pass
    edited December 2013
    I love the apps' UI, but if my tv plays all the files I have natively, do I need plex to transcode? Is there an option to direct play?

Hello,

I have a DS212+ synology NAS and It work very well with Plex but not transcode if I remember.

Another question, how to play an album. I can only play each song one per one. thanks

bellenthan wrote on December 22 2013, 9:26 AM: »

Another question, how to play an album. I can only play each song one per one. thanks

It only plays one song at a time at the moment ... I hope to address this in the next release.

Lopezr5517 wrote on December 22 2013, 2:01 AM: »

I love the apps' UI, but if my tv plays all the files I have natively, do I need plex to transcode? Is there an option to direct play?

AT the moment it only uses the built in player (no transcoding) ...

• RullepRullep Members Posts: 26
    edited December 2013
    simonjhogan wrote on December 22 2013, 10:30 PM: »

It only plays one song at a time at the moment ... I hope to address this in the next release.

This would be great Simon! I often listening music and thats the only thing i missed at this time.

Anyway, i wish you and everybody in this forum a merry x-mas. :)

Yes it will be a great enhancement to this very good app. I often listen music and it's a bit borring to play each song.

Thanks very much for this app and all the time you spend to write it and I know what it is, i'm a developper too ;) :)

• swnndnswnndn Members Posts: 8

Just to rule it out, I'm guessing something like Airserver probably isn't going to work with this, right?

swnndn wrote on December 23 2013, 12:53 PM: »

Just to rule it out, I'm guessing something like Airserver probably isn't going to work with this, right?

Correct

s

edited December 2013

New version released ... Happy holidays

• Complete rewrite of code base
    • New user interface based on PLEX Home Theater
    • Full key based navigation
    • Custom key pad for entering PMS address
    • Added theme music to TV series
    • Play whole album
    • Some speed improvements

Download from http://plex.h3consulting.net

Cheers,

Simon

P.S I haven't fully tested this yet ... beware!