If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

simonjhogan's PLEX Client for LG Smart TV

Comments

• Allan CameronAllan Cameron Posts: 511Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited December 2013

ok, just tried to download the new fix, but your link is down.

edited December 2013

double post...

• shawnchanshawnchan Posts: 42Members, Plex Pass
    Allan68 wrote on December 25 2013, 12:39 AM: »

ok, just tried to download the new fix, but your link is down.

just delete the last .zip  for the download address. u will be able to download it . 

What do you mean?

0.5.0.1 Quick Fix - Checks PMS server exists to prevent load screen issue

The requested URL /files/20131225002511_196922.zip.zip was not found on this server

Ahh i see, ok downloaded it, but its a corrupt file

• simonjhogansimonjhogan Posts: 909Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Allan68 wrote on December 25 2013, 12:39 AM: »

double post...

Link is fixed now ... I am off now to enjoy christmas lunch ... 

Cheers,

S

playz.png

Copyright © Simon J. Hogan | Sith'ari Consulting, Australia | playz.sithari.com.au

• BobstaBobsta Posts: 51Members

Just tested 0.5.0.1 ... on load the app shows the grey large panel on the right, the vertical white line and the black column on the left... and a small "double back arrow" on the bottom-left. But nothing else.

It's not asked me for the IP of my PMS so it may well be stuck using the old settings. Any way to clear that out?

(this is on a 2013 TV - 50PH660V)

Thanks.

• RullepRullep Posts: 26Members

Hi Simon. It´s unbelievable, this new UI :) Finally i can hear full albums - that´s great.

But there are two things i´ve noticed:

1. When i play an album or song, it don´t shows a timeline down on the left corner, like on your (ALBUM-DETAILS) Screenshot. It comes only when i watch a movie or whatever. 

2. For myself, the release year of an album would looks better on the left side, directly under the albumname.

By the way, good work and thanks for your effort. ;)

• StrongCoffeeStrongCoffee Posts: 8Members

Hello, just for info - ntfs 32gb flash didn't worked, but 4gb fat32 worked well.

Another big question is it possible do support of plex channels on this app or any other way on 42lg620v? Tried in LG default smart share but this one show only movies, this app shows the same. Just wanna launch WatchIS app(plugin) to watch stream movies(on pc its works perfect).

P.S. sorry for bad english

Bobsta wrote on December 25 2013, 7:31 AM: »

Just tested 0.5.0.1 ... on load the app shows the grey large panel on the right, the vertical white line and the black column on the left... and a small "double back arrow" on the bottom-left. But nothing else.

It's not asked me for the IP of my PMS so it may well be stuck using the old settings. Any way to clear that out?

(this is on a 2013 TV - 50PH660V)

Thanks.

I have just released an update which should provide a fix for this error ... also you can now press the 'RED' button to reset settings on the home screen.

S

playz.png

Copyright © Simon J. Hogan | Sith'ari Consulting, Australia | playz.sithari.com.au

StrongCoffee wrote on December 25 2013, 9:03 AM: »

Hello, just for info - ntfs 32gb flash didn't worked, but 4gb fat32 worked well.

Another big question is it possible do support of plex channels on this app or any other way on 42lg620v? Tried in LG default smart share but this one show only movies, this app shows the same. Just wanna launch WatchIS app(plugin) to watch stream movies(on pc its works perfect).

P.S. sorry for bad english

Channels aren't high on the priority list right now ... maybe in the future

playz.png

Rullep wrote on December 25 2013, 9:00 AM: »

Hi Simon. It´s unbelievable, this new UI :) Finally i can hear full albums - that´s great.

But there are two things i´ve noticed:

1. When i play an album or song, it don´t shows a timeline down on the left corner, like on your (ALBUM-DETAILS) Screenshot. It comes only when i watch a movie or whatever. 

2. For myself, the release year of an album would looks better on the left side, directly under the albumname.

By the way, good work and thanks for your effort. ;)

Thanks .. yeah I removed the timeline bit on the TV as it looked ugly .. am looking at options to provide a similar function in the future ... I agree about the album date will change in future release ...

S

playz.png

Strange :) smart share has the same functionality as this program so its will be big difference if you do a channel support(access to online stream theaters*drools*). Waiting the future.

StrongCoffee wrote on December 25 2013, 10:22 AM: »

Strange :) smart share has the same functionality as this program so its will be big difference if you do a channel support(access to online stream theaters*drools*). Waiting the future.

Mmm not sure smart share provides the same functionality as this (I wrote it because it didn't) .. but agree channel support would be nice I just need time to investigate how channels work, and I still have a number of other things to get working first.

S

playz.png

Roughly, they both provides access to multimedia files on pc (dlna?), also tried xbmc but it does not support channels too...feels like none of them support channels! So you will be first! ;)

edited December 2013
    Forums were not working for me. So I'm back!
    I gotta say WOW, this is just a fantastic plex client. Simon you are doing a superb job on bringing plex to LG TVs.
    Just giving it a quick test tells me this will be my only media centre from this point on.

Time to put away all my little boxes ;)

Looking forward to your tweaks and updates. I will let you know of any bugs I find to help test.
    So far the only thing I noticed is after a long wait there is no screen saver? Screen dimming would be nice.

Would it also be possible to change the season preview cover art from "poster size" to show the correct wide images? Using the poster art size cuts off the image.

See Here
    [attachment=23826:image.jpg]

Thanks again, awesome work!
  • LacehimLacehim Posts: 13Members

Simon,

Great update.  A few issues I see are TV shows the description is crammed up in the bottom left corner and runs out of space on a some shows.  There is a lot of unused screen space that could be put to better use.  Movies look great.  Haven't tried photos or music.

I thought medialink played some mkv files.  At least I remember it doing so.  I have mp4 and mkv files for the same movie (mp4 for apple, mkv for TV at a better resolution) and it used to give me a choice as to what file I wanted to play.  I would prefer it to play natively supported files streamed and only transcoding files that aren't supported.  I can't seem to figure out how profiles are handled on my unraid version of plex.

Sadly I can't test this now that I have the 2013 model. :(

Keep up the good work.  Very impressed with progress.

Plex on Unraid 5.0 | LG 60LA6230

edited December 2013
    Lacehim wrote on December 25 2013, 1:11 PM: »

Simon,

Great update. A few issues I see are TV shows the description is crammed up in the bottom left corner and runs out of space on a some shows. There is a lot of unused screen space that could be put to better use. Movies look great.

I agree, The episodes info could easily go along the bottom and the full width of the screen.
    If the series/season had a lot of "poster/episode art", you would just need to scroll down above the episode info that's along the bottom.

Another maybe easier option would be just make the thumb art window smaller to allow a bigger window with the info like the PC version?
    Making it show only four or five covers in each row would allow more room for description.

Little tweaks like this will come I'm sure, I love this client.
    I can imagine the amount of time, effort and skill needed to accomplish what you have ...and will.
    edited December 2013
    Another thing I noticed on the home menu previews for TV shows it should show the poster art, not the episode art?
    I'm just basing this off the PC version which is how it works. If you have not yet Simon maybe you should install the PC version for reference?

[attachment=23829:23423423432.jpg]

Can we also please have the option to remove the tittle overlays from all cover art?
    I would prefer just the art, other then leaving just the season # and episode # on the tv shows home screen only... like the PC version.

Thanks again mate :)
  • roelofzroelofz Posts: 2Members

Simon,

Thanks for the great app, I'm eager to test it but...

Thanks to the demands of LG with adding zero's I messed up the IP.

I entered 192.168.000.010 and now I'm affraid it must have been 192.168.000.10

Since I only have the mouse remote (without a RED button) and the Q menu is not available while running a smart app, I am really stuck.

Hope you can fix this, still eager to look into this, if this fits our needs...

Keep up with the good work!

Roelof