Home › Release Announcements
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!
Plex for iOS
elan CTO and Co-founderMauiPosts: 9,396Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee
NEW: Enhanced filtering
While online, you can now sort and filter your library content any way you like.
NEW: Mobile Media Server
Play your synced content and view content from your photo albums on any other Plex client!
NEW: Push notifications
Plex will now alert you when someone adds you as a friend or sends you a recommendation.
NEW: Universal transcoder (experimental)
We've unified the media server's transcoders, and now iOS can use the latest and greatest. Among other things, this adds support for more subtitle formats.
Additional features and fixes:
- NEW: New photo viewer
- NEW: Dark theme
- NEW: All sliders support variable scrubbing speed (just like the movie player)
- NEW: Better integration of search in sections and channels
- NEW: Audio boost & subtitle size settings are used for sync
- NEW: Failed sync transcodes can be retried from Sync Settings
- NEW: Source icons for online search results
- FIX: Attempt to direct-play MPEG-4 video
- FIX: Better response validation (fixes certain sync errors)
- FIX: The app can now sync from servers that aren't published to myPlex
- FIX: Sort ordering for sync is more reliable
- FIX: Various issues with manually added servers
- FIX: Plex/HT and Plex/Roku player names are detected correctly
- FIX: myPlex accounts couldn't be created on the device
- FIX: Offline sections couldn't be accessed in some rare cases
- FIX: A few other inconsistencies & crashes