Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Show us your Plex setup!

Comments

• pngbannerpngbanner Members, Plex Pass Posts: 36 Plex Pass

Neat!

• don.chuliodon.chulio Members, Plex Pass Posts: 225 Plex Pass
    Come on guys, show us some nice setups! :)

PMS: Mac mini (Late 2012), Intel Core i5 2,5GHz, Fusion Drive, 16GB RAM, Yosemite
    Storage: Drobo (5TB/0,5TB/4TB/4TB) & Time Capsule 2TB (802.11ac)
    Displays: Epson EH-TW6100W (120" in Living room) / LG 50" Plasma TV (Bedroom)
    Clients: 2x Apple TV, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, Xbox One and a bundle of Family & Friends
    Airplay: Denon AVR-X2000 (Living room) / 2x Apple TV 3rd Gen. (Bedroom & Living room)
    more informations and pictures

all-thin-banner@2x.jpg
  • Espionage724Espionage724 Members Posts: 26 ✭✭

I recently integrated some Plex in my house, and so far it's pretty nice. It's not professional equipment or anything though.

(if images don't auto-resize to something smaller, I'll fix it)

This is my main computer that hosts the media. I also have a standing desk setup with a mini-trampoline going on with it:

yauM46E.jpg

Downstairs, I have my dance computer that was once dedicated to StepMania. Now it does Plex Home Theater as well:

B5tpHoT.jpg

And in my dining room, I have an old (stipped) Dell Latitude D610 that's hooked up to a TV:

Zzdl55P.jpg

And a close-up of the laptop (basically just took the screen and keyboard off and put a fan on it since the old one died):

qwk0wWX.jpg

My mom also has a laptop and Chromecast in her room she could use for Plex, and I have a smaller TV with a Chromecast too that I sometimes use, and we both have Nexus 7s.

The laptop and downstairs computers run Lubuntu. Main computer runs Ubuntu.

• artturnipartturnip Members, Plex Pass Posts: 14 Plex Pass

My setup could easily win the most low-key award :P 

Just an Zyxel NSA310 (yes.. I know it's unsupported but pffttttt) running Plex Media Server

Android apps on my Galaxy Tab 2 and Nexus 5

The built in Plex support on my LG 2012 TV

And not to mention the various PCs with web interfaces.

• I1100I1100 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 33 Plex Pass

This is the latest iteration of my server setup.

2x Quad i7 2012 Mac Mini Servers (1 for TV, 1 for Movies) in Sonnet Rackmac Mini

Synology RS2414+ with RX1214 Expansion filled with 12x 4TB WD Red and 12x 3TB WD RED respectively. 2x SHR-2 Volumes, 65TB total usable storage. 

DSC05238_500.jpg

• sfnetworksfnetwork Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1,402 Plex Pass
    I1100 wrote on August 23 2014, 2:28 PM: »

This is the latest iteration of my server setup.

2x Quad i7 2012 Mac Mini Servers (1 for TV, 1 for Movies) in Sonnet Rackmac Mini

Synology RS2414+ with RX1214 Expansion filled with 12x 4TB WD Red and 12x 3TB WD RED respectively. 2x SHR-2 Volumes, 65TB total usable storage. 

DSC05238_500.jpg

Awesome setup man!

• RevitXmanRevitXman Members, Plex Pass Posts: 109 Plex Pass

HP DL 180 G6

20TB of Storage

48GB of RAM

2x Quad Xeons @ 3GHZ

150/150 FiOS

Backups are done off site.

POK8rr7.jpg

WIP:

65" Panasonic Plasma

Yamaha VT series

Polk Audio Rt8 Left/Right

Polk Audio RTi3 Center

Dayton 100w Sub

4 Klipsch In Ceiling Speakers (full 7.1 setup)

jEtAMWQ.jpg

• - NaDs- NaDs Members, Plex Pass Posts: 519 Plex Pass
    edited March 2015
    Had some new updates
    4x chromecast for each tv
    4x harmony smart hubs to control all tvs
    (hidden behind wall mounted tvs)

Bedroom -
    46 inch samsung
    R8ofPELl.jpg

Theatre room -
    65 inch samsung
    Yamaha ysp-2200 soundbar
    ps4
    PnOFJkEl.jpg

Loungeroom -
    55 inch samsung
    Bose solo sound system
    39VtuIwl.jpg

Outside -
    32 inch Samsung
    YF7f6LWl.jpg
  • Michael.De.VijlderMichael.De.Vijlder Members, Plex Pass Posts: 63 Plex Pass
    NaDs wrote on October 14 2014, 11:06 AM: »

Had some new updates

4x chromecast for each tv

4x harmony smart hubs to control all tvs via apple iphone 6 (hidden behind wall mounted tvs)

may I ask why the chromecast? Is there an advantage compared to the samsung smart tv app then?

I find the shuffle feature on the samsung plex app does not work as I would like it to
    Plus the samsung app does not have a skip to next file button, you can only seek to the end of each file

With that, I use the Chromecast to shuffle music videos and shuffle all my tv shows and movies quickly when I just want to browse my collection

80% use would be with samsung plex app
    20% use would be with chromecast
  • flecomflecom Members, Plex Pass Posts: 163 Plex Pass

updated my setup a bit...

20141031_192130.jpg

the three 1U Sun servers are a hyper-v cluster... the big 4U sun is my new Plex server... has 8x quad-core 2.9ghz opterons and 64Gb RAM... then under is storage... about 150Tb

• Plex_Media_MontanaPlex_Media_Montana Members Posts: 12 Plex Pass

Wow, I'm actually so amazed by all these wonderful set-ups. It really keeps the flow of a home theatre.

• stangenstangen Members, Plex Pass Posts: 15 Plex Pass
    edited December 2014

Hi guys,

The heart/PMS is on the 2 bay Synology DS710+ which now houses 2x2TB. To the DS710+ i have hooked up the 5 bay expansion unit DX513 which currently holds 2x3TB (one more 3TB incoming). When the last HD arrives this will give me 10TB storage capacity with the redundancy of one HD. The maximum theoretical storage capacity of this setup is 42TB. An extra 2TB USB drive for backup is visible in the image too.
    I have opted for a wired gigabit setup with the DLink DIR-655 to my 2009 MacMini that runs the PMC in the living room and the 2011 iMac with PMC too in the bedroom. I control the macs via Apple remote v2 which works fine.
    Yes, I have taped the disturbing LEDs...

The MacMini is connected to the SONY STR-DN1000 Receiver via HDMI for video and optical audio. This supports all types of video, even 3D on the Panasonic VT-50 plasma. The Receiver as well as a Sony DVD Recorder RDR-HX1010, a Panasonic BlueRay DMP-BDT220, a XBOX360 and the cableTV box resides below the TV in the white cupboard controlled via a cheap IR remote.

I also use Plex on my iOS devices. Works just fine.

The speakers are the Bose Acoustimass 5 supported by a AudioPro Subwoofer for extra grunt. Also AudioPro for the centre speaker and the surround speakers. Maybe not top notch, but quite sufficient for my needs.

I have been using PLEX since 2009 and hasn't looked back since.

mD7o3l9.jpg

4ePbTKe.jpg

/Brgds Niclas

Avid Plex user since 2009

Gigabit Ethernet setup

PHT on MacMini with HDMI image and optical sound to a SONY Receiver with HDMI to a Panasonic VT50

PHT on iMac in bedroom

PMS on Synology DS710+ with DX513

Plex Mobile for iOS on iPhone and iPad

Everything updated automatically. 

• PlexhilaratedPlexhilarated Plexperimentalist Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1,620 Plex Pass
    edited April 2015

Since nobody has added to this thread for a while, I thought I'd take a shot at being the latest "Plexhibitionist."  

This is my quiet little studio/theatre, where I like to spend a lot of my time.

It's usually pretty dark, with some great mood lighting, but I shot these with a flash so you could see around.

[attachment=43409:Theatre Shot with Flash.JPG]

And a close up of the workspace:

[attachment=43410:Desk Shot with Flash.JPG]

With a little more information (added on 04-09-15):

[attachment=47577:Desk Shot with Annotation.jpg]

The Stereo Studio Monitors are for my desktop work, and there is a separate 5.1 Surround system for the 10' diagonal projection screen.  There are two levels of theatre seating to the left, just out of camera view.  Heavy drapes and 8 wall mounted acoustical panels make for an almost silent recording environment (and a peaceful place to just chill).

My Current Plexistence:
    Server: Intel i5, 14x3TB Internal Drives, Win-10, running PMS, PlexPy, PlexWeb, PHT, PMP, Plex for Windows 
    27" Samsung Monitor and Vivitek HD/3D Projector, 10' Diagonal Fixed Screen
    Dell Laptop: Win-10, running PlexWeb, PHT, PMP, and Plex for Windows
    Samsung 55" LED TV: Samsung Plex App
    Vizio 50" UHD TV: Vizio Plex App
    Samsung 40" LED TV: Samsung Plex App
    Tablet PC: Windows 8.1 Mobile App
    Motorola Droid: Android App
  • StephRSStephRS Members Posts: 50 ✭✭
    NaDs wrote on October 14 2014, 11:06 AM: »

Outside -

32 inch Samsung

YF7f6LWl.jpg

How did you manage to get that TV there? What about temperature at night and such? 

enjoying PLEX

edited January 2015
    Steph87 wrote on January 31 2015, 11:28 AM: »

How did you manage to get that TV there? What about temperature at night and such?

Electriction installed power point behind tv and just wall mounted it.
    I live in Australia where the temperature does not change that much....
    Was thinking about getting a cover for it when not in use.
    Not to worried about it tho because it's pretty protected from the elements.
  • StephRSStephRS Members Posts: 50 ✭✭
    edited January 2015

That sounds great! I was thinking about something portable for the garden / veranda. But as I live in the Netherlands it won't ever be a TV because all we have is rain. So I kept searching and searching until I found the best portable Plex experience out there:

IMG_0373.jpg

The Plex Media server is a Dell T3500 with 2TB storage. 12GB RAM and 2 XEON processors. Running Ubuntu Server 14 like a charm. 

In the living room stands a simple Samsung 40 inch TV with the excellent Plex app. We all love it! 

enjoying PLEX

• sig0431sig0431 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 22 Plex Pass

This is my initial build. Just something simple. I am in the planning phase to build a high end HTPC. Would love if someone with vast expirence on building systems around plex would not mind reaching out to me so that I can run some ideas and gain some insight from them.

Semper FI!

• krazypolockrazypoloc Members, Plex Pass Posts: 6 Plex Pass

My forvever work-in-progress media things and stuff. This album hasn't been updated in a while.

Q9Oy0PH.jpg

9Ai3nDy.jpg

Imgur Album

• PlexhilaratedPlexhilarated Plexperimentalist Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1,620 Plex Pass
    krazypoloc wrote on February 19 2015, 9:24 PM: »

My forvever work-in-progress media things and stuff. This album hasn't been updated in a while.

Like the in-wall speakers... very clean.

My Current Plexistence:
    Server: Intel i5, 14x3TB Internal Drives, Win-10, running PMS, PlexPy, PlexWeb, PHT, PMP, Plex for Windows 
    27" Samsung Monitor and Vivitek HD/3D Projector, 10' Diagonal Fixed Screen
    Dell Laptop: Win-10, running PlexWeb, PHT, PMP, and Plex for Windows
    Samsung 55" LED TV: Samsung Plex App
    Vizio 50" UHD TV: Vizio Plex App
    Samsung 40" LED TV: Samsung Plex App
    Tablet PC: Windows 8.1 Mobile App
    Motorola Droid: Android App