• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mjw1999

mjw1999

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 09:33 AM

Has such a plugin been made for plex yet?

It would be nice for users of a Dreambox to be able to have their satellite viewing through plex with full control of the box.
As most Dreambox users know VLC and Firefox provide us with web TV Browser which allows us to view and control our Dreambox to its full potential over LAN, so it should be possible for Plex to do this i would think.
Bearing in mind you can pick up a dreambox for €60 it would make a great satellite tuner for mac.

This is how its been integrated into Windows Media Centre

Anyway i look forward to your views.

MJW

#2 smoldersonline

smoldersonline

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 10:12 AM

This would indeed be absolutely brilliant!!

+1

all-thin-banner@2x.jpg

#3 mjw1999

mjw1999

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 05:38 PM

Another benefit of being able to have a dreambox plugin would be the fact that a dreambox uses Cccam which will read the new white Sky card (or most viewing card's across europe) and for me having sky tv intergrated into plex would be somthing special.

#4 Billy Joe

Billy Joe

Plex Star

• Castle Keeper
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1195 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 07:06 PM

the barrier to plugin creation on this one will likely come down to the probability that none of us plugin devs has one of these boxes. though it does sound like a good idea, and you are certainly encouraged to dig into it yourself.

#5 mjw1999

mjw1999

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 07:25 PM

the barrier to plugin creation on this one will likely come down to the probability that none of us plugin devs has one of these boxes. though it does sound like a good idea, and you are certainly encouraged to dig into it yourself.

Well my Knowledge of computers is very limited indeed, i get by using forums like this.
The boxes are only cheap €60 or less in most cases, which is great value for any tuner which can possibly be integrated into Plex and therefore may be of interest to developers at that price. If there is a developer in the uk a may have a loan box spear to get started.
Just to add dreambox's come in 3 forms: Satellite, Cable and terrestrial.

Thanks for the input.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users