• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 stridger

stridger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 10:40 PM

I have been using Plex for a while now, and I really fell in love with it. It's a great application, very stable and easy to use. Thank you guys for doing this for free. I am also watching Russian TV quite regularly, and to me the best way to to this seems to be etvnet.ca , which I have also used for a long time. The desire to stay on the couch when doing so has become strong enough for me to write a plugin for it.

I've had a bit of time today and have scripted the plugin which cam be found on

http://www.opencodes.org/node/15

It was amazing how quickly one can get these things done with Plex. Nevertheless this is my first plugin, so if anybody spots anything awkward let me know. Unfortunately eTVnet is a paid service (a good deal!), so only people who sign up to it will be able to actually see the videos. You need to enter the username in the plugin preferences. The search works via a (third-party) Translit plugin. Thus type in latin letters and those will be converted to cyrillic letters when searching. I was not able to find a high quality logo of eTVnet, so the icon is a bit bad, I'll try to come up with something in the due course.

I have based this plugin on the plugin for The Daily Show, though almost all code has been exchanged, as eTVnet uses quite a different architecture. I'll do in-depth testing in the next few days, but if people spot bugs or have improvement suggestions, please let me know. I don't have too much time on my hands at the moment, so I apologise if I won't be able to respond/react quickly.

I have been a fond user of Plex for a few months now, but only today realised that it is not fully open source, which was very disappointing. Are there plans to make the Media Server component of it open? If not, I think I would need to look back at XBMC. Whilst I like Plex more, I don't want to continue free development for a closed source application, which at any point can become non-free and there would be no forking possibility at that point. This is just my personal philosophy and is not a criticism of the decision, which I am sure has its reasons.

UPDATE: Plugin has been updated as of 06/03/2011 to latest API and support for Plex/Nine including iOS and Android.

#2 Ivan Vasilev

Ivan Vasilev

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 12:08 AM

I have been using Plex for a while now, and I really fell in love with it. It's a great application, very stable and easy to use. Thank you guys for doing this for free. I am also watching Russian TV quite regularly, and to me the best way to to this seems to be etvnet.ca , which I have also used for a long time. The desire to stay on the couch when doing so has become strong enough for me to write a plugin for it.

I've had a bit of time today and have scripted the plugin which cam be found on

http://www.opencodes.org/node/11

It was amazing how quickly one can get these things done with Plex. Nevertheless this is my first plugin, so if anybody spots anything awkward let me know. Unfortunately eTVnet is a paid service (a good deal!), so only people who sign up to it will be able to actually see the videos. You need to enter the username in the plugin preferences. The search works via a (third-party) Translit plugin. Thus type in latin letters and those will be converted to cyrillic letters when searching. I was not able to find a high quality logo of eTVnet, so the icon is a bit bad, I'll try to come up with something in the due course.

I have based this plugin on the plugin for The Daily Show, though almost all code has been exchanged, as eTVnet uses quite a different architecture. I'll do in-depth testing in the next few days, but if people spot bugs or have improvement suggestions, please let me know. I don't have too much time on my hands at the moment, so I apologise if I won't be able to respond/react quickly.

I have been a fond user of Plex for a few months now, but only today realised that it is not fully open source, which was very disappointing. Are there plans to make the Media Server component of it open? If not, I think I would need to look back at XBMC. Whilst I like Plex more, I don't want to continue free development for a closed source application, which at any point can become non-free and there would be no forking possibility at that point. This is just my personal philosophy and is not a criticism of the decision, which I am sure has its reasons.

Is it still working for Plex 9? if yes, then how to install it?

#3 Alex Titoff

Alex Titoff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 08:38 AM

This is working plugin for new etvnet.com works in PLEX9.
It needs some extra features like choosing bitrate, show description of the movie or TVshow, get thumbnails.
Also I could not solve the problem with search result where record may contain link to a video or to another list.
So result page will have double entries. Those with "->" are links to another list, rest are links to videoclips.

Attached Files

#4 SwimVlad

SwimVlad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 08:19 PM

Alex,
Can you please tell me what should I do with that plugin? Which folder it goes?

#5 Alex Titoff

Alex Titoff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 06:25 AM

Alex,
Can you please tell me what should I do with that plugin? Which folder it goes?

Download the newest version form here and just double click on downloaded file to install it. Simple! :)

#6 akanevsky

akanevsky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 12:33 AM

Download the newest version form here and just double click on downloaded file to install it. Simple! smile.gif

When I download and install the plugin from this link, it says that there is a newer version of the plugin available. This does not make any sense. Maybe you can provide some instructions?

#7 sander1

sander1

Channel Developer/Admin

• Castle Keeper
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2594 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:13 PM

When I download and install the plugin from this link, it says that there is a newer version of the plugin available. This does not make any sense. Maybe you can provide some instructions?

This topic is 2.5 years old and the link is broken.....

Always attach log files if you are reporting an issue: Log file info & location

Problem with indexing files? Check the Naming Guide

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users