88 replies to this topic

#1 puithove

puithove

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 04:25 PM

Tony C - Great plug-in you've started here. Just started using it and it looks great! Excited for the possibilities here.

One suggestion: It'd be great if the plug-in could detect if the tuner is already in use and if so, jump to the next tuner. If that one is already in use also, display a message about all tuners in use.

Right now, if tuner 0 is in use by one Plex box, and I try to view a channel on another Plex box, the second box takes control of the tuner and the first gets disconnected.

Thanks for your work on this plug-in. Hope it'll be included in the App Store at some point.

-Phil

#2 Wormhole

Wormhole

Plex Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1886 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 01:19 AM

Tony C - Great plug-in you've started here. Just started using it and it looks great! Excited for the possibilities here.

One suggestion: It'd be great if the plug-in could detect if the tuner is already in use and if so, jump to the next tuner. If that one is already in use also, display a message about all tuners in use.

Right now, if tuner 0 is in use by one Plex box, and I try to view a channel on another Plex box, the second box takes control of the tuner and the first gets disconnected.

Thanks for your work on this plug-in. Hope it'll be included in the App Store at some point.

-Phil

Love this plugin...any chance of integrating in TVGuide.com subscription to integrate in TV Guide? I know that would start it to get to EyeTV...but it would be great to be able to use this plugin to 'change channels' and see what's on...

#3 Armando

Armando

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 10:51 PM

just adding my excitement and appreciation for this plug in.

thank you Tony C! :)

#4 djbunk

djbunk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 04:59 PM

Excited to try this myself. For you guys that got it working...was there anything special you had to configure? I'm able to use the HDHomerun GUI to watch channels on VLC, but after configuring the plugin for, I receive:

Error
Error while opening file

Did you guys "Verify and Edit Chnnale Data" or did you add Channel Streams manually?

Thanks in Advance!

#5 Wildcat_1

Wildcat_1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 01:13 PM

Need help please. With 2 HDHomeruns on my network I was real excited to try this plugin. I installed it and it said HDHomerun would now appear in Videos but it ever showed up. I uninstalled and reinstalled but same thing. Please help !!!

Thanks all

WC

#6 reebzor

reebzor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 04:51 PM

So I've been doing a little research and am now really interested in HDHR-CableCard when it finally is ever released. Since it only supports Windows7 MCE and dropped EyeTV and VLC because of some FCC regulations or CableLabs certifications or something, I'm wondering if it'll work with this plugin. I know no one here will know for sure, but I'm sure there's someone here that knows a little bit more about this than I do.

I just think it would be awesome for me to have a plexbox connected to all the tv's in my house and be able to throw this HDHR-CC in a closet somewhere, but still be able to watch/record live TV on [up to three of] them.

#7 rb6719

rb6719

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 01:35 AM

I've downloaded this and I think that it's a great idea but I've never been able to receive actual live tv. Is it just supposed to show the channels, have I missed a version or is there some tweeking that needs to be done in order for this to work properly? I'm no programmer but I'm willing to follow suggestions and instructions from those who have gotten this to work.

As I'm tired of dealing with the issues of running eyetv & Plex at the same time, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks everyone.

#8 Jeradin

Jeradin

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 03:56 AM

great plugin!!

I don't watch to much live tv, but was always annoyed needing to leave plex for eyetv(even though eyetv rocks ), this plugin fixes that and works really well!

I was wondering if a feature to move up and down channels with a hot key would be possible? Scroll through the streams?

Likely recording and rewinding isn't possible...?

Anyone know of a way to add thisto the main menu options as "Live TV" instead of needing to go into videos?

#9 Robot

Robot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 06:58 AM

Like the plug in. Works very well thus far for such an early version (0.2). I was curious what is being planned to be added in the future?

#10 Hendo

Hendo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 05:21 PM

How can I access the plug in for the HDHomeRun... I need to get this running for Mac operating systems!
Any help would be appreciated!

I am working hand in hand with SiliconDust to develop more for the MAC operating system, since I am the only Apple user in the company!

Thanks

#11 Dbl_A

Dbl_A

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 05:33 PM

How can I access the plug in for the HDHomeRun... I need to get this running for Mac operating systems!
Any help would be appreciated!

I am working hand in hand with SiliconDust to develop more for the MAC operating system, since I am the only Apple user in the company!

Thanks

It's available in the App Store...
Developed Plug-ins:
CBS / ESPN 3 / Nick Jr. / PBS Kids / MTV Shows / MTVMusic.com / Nickelodeon / Crackle
Helped with:
ABC / TNT / GreatTV.ca
Donate

#12 Hendo

Hendo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 02:56 PM

It's available in the App Store...

OK... I am new to this... Please tell me where the App Store is and where I can get this...

#13 Jam

Jam

Plex Dev Team

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4042 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 03:28 PM

It's on the main menu in Plex :)

#14 Robot

Robot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 02:14 AM

can anyone explain how to add channels for the HDHomerun app. SD did not have all the ClearQAM channels I can get. I don't know how to find the URLs. Is there a browse feature to add, like finding a file on a drive?

I don't know how much of difference it will make, but I have the HDHR-US, which is the dual tuner.

#15 dgelb

dgelb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 08:43 PM

Total noob here.

Set up plex on a mac mini core duo 1.6, 1 Gb RAM, 10.6.4 (brand new install)

connected to my hdhomerun without a problem

BUT...

no audio output in the video stream.

Netflix works, Hulu works so I can get audio but not from the hdhomerun.

Any help would be appreciated.

BTW: hdhomerun works fine through eyeTV on another computer in my home so I know it is possible for it to work on my network.

Thanks.

#16 Harley Hooligan

Harley Hooligan

Plex Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1261 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 08:50 PM

Love this plugin...any chance of integrating in TVGuide.com subscription to integrate in TV Guide? I know that would start it to get to EyeTV...but it would be great to be able to use this plugin to 'change channels' and see what's on...

This is on my todo list. It's the big project I was going to work once nine bug fixes were releases and I was able to get nine the way i wanted.

#17 rb6719

rb6719

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 02:13 AM

Excited to try this myself. For you guys that got it working...was there anything special you had to configure? I'm able to use the HDHomerun GUI to watch channels on VLC, but after configuring the plugin for, I receive:

Error
Error while opening file

Did you guys "Verify and Edit Chnnale Data" or did you add Channel Streams manually?

Thanks in Advance!

I'm still having this same problem. I use the "Verify & Enable", it verifies but still get the "Error while opening file" when trying to view a channel. This is still a great idea but what do I need to do to get the steams to work? Thanks for the input.

#18 Robot

Robot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 09:50 AM

I update to Plex 9, and now the plugin can't find the HDHomerun. I can install the app, and download the channels. When I go into the plugin settings, I put in the information--country, zip, tuner--and when I hit "ok" it tells me device(tuner#) not found.

I checked the HDHomerun config file (the software from Silicondust) and it sees tuners just fine.

Any ideas? I would try uninstalling Plex completely, but I don't know where all the files are for Plex, and somehow leave something on the system. I'm a PC user mainly, and OSX is new to me and more a tinker toy.

#19 Wormhole

Wormhole

Plex Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1886 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 10:16 PM

Does anyone know if the plugin developer is still working on this or is the plugin 'complete'. I've just cut the cord to cable and now get 50 channels OTA, so the ability to scroll up and down channels within the plugin rather than having to exit the stream and then re select. If not, would be great if one could 're-order' the channels so they were in numerical order (for me in NY, WCBS 2 first, then WNBC 4 second, etc).

Love the plugin!

#20 adriandb

adriandb

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 05:30 PM

I have several Plex installs on my network and just finished setting up the plugin on one of them. Is there any way to transfer the channel data from that machine to the others so I don't have to do that setup again?

2012 Mac Mini - 2.5GHz dual-core i5 - 8gb RAM - Mac OS 10.8 | Sans Digital TowerRAID TR5UT+B RAID 5 (5 x 3TB) | Onkyo TX-SR608 | LG 55" LED LCD (55LW5600)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users