28 replies to this topic

#1 jernomer

jernomer

Rock Star

• Castle Keeper
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 11:42 AM

I'm really loving this plugin for the World Cup!

However, I really wish it was possible to fast forward the videos, as I will often start watching a match somewhere else and then come home to finish it using this plugin. Therefore, being able to fast forward would really be helpful.

Has anyone looked into adding this functionality? I'm not even sure it's possible, but I thought I'd at least ask. :)

EDIT- I made it an official request by creating a Lighthouse ticket, which can be found here:

https://plexapp.ligh...gin-and-seeking

#2 Wormhole

Wormhole

Plex Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1886 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 05:22 PM

However, I really wish it was possible to fast forward the videos, as I will often start watching a match somewhere else and then come home to finish it using this plugin. Therefore, being able to fast forward would really be helpful.

Has anyone looked into adding this functionality? I'm not even sure it's possible, but I thought I'd at least ask. :)

EDIT- I made it an official request by creating a Lighthouse ticket, which can be found here:

Hasn't ESPN 360 been renamed ESPN 3? There is a new ESPN 3 plugin available in the Plex App Store.

http://isaac.plexapp...s-for-may-17th/

DblA wrote it, and a bunch of other new ones...it works great.

#3 Dbl_A

Dbl_A

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 05:38 PM

Hasn't ESPN 360 been renamed ESPN 3? There is a new ESPN 3 plugin available in the Plex App Store.

http://isaac.plexapp...s-for-may-17th/

DblA wrote it, and a bunch of other new ones...it works great.

Alas, Jernomer is correct.

The ESPN 3 plugin does not have seeking available.
I'm looking into it, but don't get your hopes up. The player controls auto-hide therefore, it probably won't work.
We'll see...
Developed Plug-ins:
CBS / ESPN 3 / Nick Jr. / PBS Kids / MTV Shows / MTVMusic.com / Nickelodeon / Crackle
Helped with:
ABC / TNT / GreatTV.ca
Donate

#4 Wormhole

Wormhole

Plex Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1886 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 05:47 PM

i guess it would have helped to fully read the post Posted Image

#5 jernomer

jernomer

Rock Star

• Castle Keeper
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 03:32 AM

No worries, mates. I just wanted to throw the issue out there to see if it could be resolved.

EDIT: Changed thread title from the outdated name to reflect the current plugin name - ESPN 3.

#6 Sitinzen

Sitinzen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 02:22 AM

#7 Sitinzen

Sitinzen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 02:30 AM

I have loaded the plex program onto a macbookpro and a mac mini both dual core2
espn3 works fine with the macbookpro which has a NVIDIA GeForce 9400M the mac mini has an intel!!!!

On the macbookpro the video/sound works fine as if you would use Firefox.
My feeling the issue is with the graphics processor. The developers should review this aspect. As I was hoping to use the mini as a server and there is continuos limits. The new mini might be more functional as it has the Nvidia grahics card.

#8 Dbl_A

Dbl_A

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 03:22 AM

I have loaded the plex program onto a macbookpro and a mac mini both dual core2
espn3 works fine with the macbookpro which has a NVIDIA GeForce 9400M the mac mini has an intel!!!!

On the macbookpro the video/sound works fine as if you would use Firefox.
My feeling the issue is with the graphics processor. The developers should review this aspect. As I was hoping to use the mini as a server and there is continuos limits. The new mini might be more functional as it has the Nvidia grahics card.

I'm not sure I understand Sitinzen...
What issue are you having? I've tested on the 9400M and an Intel GMA 950, with no issues.

(The seeking issue has NOT been resolved for any mac, and I'll say again that it probably won't work with ESPN's player)
Developed Plug-ins:
CBS / ESPN 3 / Nick Jr. / PBS Kids / MTV Shows / MTVMusic.com / Nickelodeon / Crackle
Helped with:
ABC / TNT / GreatTV.ca
Donate

#9 jernomer

jernomer

Rock Star

• Castle Keeper
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 01:46 PM

@dbl_a: I have a question about this plugin that you might be able to answer.

Why is Tennis not showing up as a category in the plugin? I checked the ESPN3 site and Tennis is a category on there.

Just wondering as Wimbledon starts up today (and apparently I could have watched some of the French Open, but I never saw tennis in the plugin - it's on the site, though).

Cheers.

#10 slover1011

slover1011

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 02:27 PM

Why is Tennis not showing up as a category in the plugin? I checked the ESPN3 site and Tennis is a category on there.

Just wondering as Wimbledon starts up today (and apparently I could have watched some of the French Open, but I never saw tennis in the plugin - it's on the site, though).

Cheers.

+1 on Tennis!

#11 Dbl_A

Dbl_A

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 02:34 PM

Cheers.

The "All Replay Games" are not categorized (they should be in chronological order though.)
I only created categories for "major" sports before ESPN had "categories" and I didn't know how many categories there were. But, you're right, I would think tennis is pretty big too.
I'll look into an update... But, you should still be able to watch all available feeds now.
Developed Plug-ins:
Helped with:
ABC / TNT / GreatTV.ca
Donate

#12 jernomer

jernomer

Rock Star

• Castle Keeper
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 03:24 PM

The "All Replay Games" are not categorized (they should be in chronological order though.)
I only created categories for "major" sports before ESPN had "categories" and I didn't know how many categories there were. But, you're right, I would think tennis is pretty big too.
I'll look into an update... But, you should still be able to watch all available feeds now.

Yep, the feeds work just fine. I thought it would be nice to have more categorization to keep things organized.

Is there any way to just pull in the categories listings from ESPN?

#13 Dbl_A

Dbl_A

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 05:52 PM

Yep, the feeds work just fine. I thought it would be nice to have more categorization to keep things organized.

Is there any way to just pull in the categories listings from ESPN?

There is, but would require a full rewrite. And there are still a few replay events that are not included in EPSN's categories.
This is a new site and ESPN is making changes relatively often.
I, for one, would hate to rewrite, just to have it break.

Though, I imagine that most people do not want to watch a replay of the Spelling Bee. (especially often enough to warrant it's own category)
or Fishing, or Horse Racing for that matter.

I believe most want to use the plugin for live sports and there are not enough live games on at one time to necessitate categories for live games.

It is fairly simple to add specific categories, like "Tennis," or even "Rugby" or "Cricket"... And I would be pleased to update these.
And I will look into a rewrite, it might not be as difficult as I make it out to be... Posted Image
Developed Plug-ins:
Helped with:
ABC / TNT / GreatTV.ca
Donate

#14 jernomer

jernomer

Rock Star

• Castle Keeper
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 06:26 PM

There is, but would require a full rewrite. And there are still a few replay events that are not included in EPSN's categories.
This is a new site and ESPN is making changes relatively often.
I, for one, would hate to rewrite, just to have it break.

Though, I imagine that most people do not want to watch a replay of the Spelling Bee. (especially often enough to warrant it's own category)
or Fishing, or Horse Racing for that matter.

I believe most want to use the plugin for live sports and there are not enough live games on at one time to necessitate categories for live games.

It is fairly simple to add specific categories, like "Tennis," or even "Rugby" or "Cricket"... And I would be pleased to update these.
And I will look into a rewrite, it might not be as difficult as I make it out to be... Posted Image

Totally agree about fishing and horse racing... Tennis on the other hand. ;)

Yeah, if it requires a whole re-write then it's not worth it. It doesn't surprise me that the ESPN3 site is in a constant state of flux, since it's so new.

Keep up the good work!

#15 ShavenYak

ShavenYak

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 07:53 PM

I'm looking into it, but don't get your hopes up. The player controls auto-hide therefore, it probably won't work.

Do they still auto-hide even if the mouse is hovering over them? Is it possible to simulate a mouse hovering over the controls, and then exclude the controls from the area displayed on the screen by Plex? Just throwing out ideas here.

#16 Dbl_A

Dbl_A

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 01:46 PM

Do they still auto-hide even if the mouse is hovering over them? Is it possible to simulate a mouse hovering over the controls, and then exclude the controls from the area displayed on the screen by Plex? Just throwing out ideas here.

The controls do hide with the mouse staying over them.
The controls also overlap the video, so it isn't possible to just exclude them without losing "half" of the video.
Developed Plug-ins:
Helped with:
ABC / TNT / GreatTV.ca
Donate

#17 Sitinzen

Sitinzen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 05:59 AM

I'm not sure I understand Sitinzen...
What issue are you having? I've tested on the 9400M and an Intel GMA 950, with no issues.

(The seeking issue has NOT been resolved for any mac, and I'll say again that it probably won't work with ESPN's player)

#18 Sitinzen

Sitinzen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 06:01 AM

My Mac Mini brings up the start screen for ESPN3 when I select a sport the screen goes blank loads and then sound only, no visual.
With the same mac mini using Firefox I have full access to ESPN3 and watch sport.

With my Macbook Pro there is no problem both ways. So the only difference is the mac mini has an integrated intel 650.

#19 ShavenYak

ShavenYak

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 01:16 PM

The controls do hide with the mouse staying over them.
The controls also overlap the video, so it isn't possible to just exclude them without losing "half" of the video.

Crap. I wonder if it would do any good to contact ESPN and ask for ideas? Maybe you could say you're trying to program up a script to control the player for a friend that can't use a mouse....

#20 Dbl_A

Dbl_A

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 01:21 PM

Crap. I wonder if it would do any good to contact ESPN and ask for ideas? Maybe you could say you're trying to program up a script to control the player for a friend that can't use a mouse....

HA! Shaven, by all means, feel free to contact them yourself.
Developed Plug-ins:
Helped with:
ABC / TNT / GreatTV.ca
Donate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users