Photo

anything like metaX to create XBMC/Plex .nfo files?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 marklight

marklight

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 10:31 PM

Just wondering if there's a program that for instance could load in my XBMC/Plex movie library (that I export), and then let me edit the information in a more friendly and efficient way than opening the .xml file in textedit would. I use metax as a good example. while its used for adding permanent metadata, it lets you edit the info of a large number of movies very easily.

I'm just trying to make the transition from being an appletv user - who took a ton of time to make his metadata perfect. I'm hoping that in future releases of plex it might read metadata that is already in .mov and .mp4 files, but as for right now I'm looking for a permanent solution in Plex that would enable me to edit the metadata to how I want it, and make it so that I can save my work and transfer it to other libraries.

my planned work flow is to take all artwork from the files I've already tagged for use in apple tv and save them so Plex will use them. then scrap imdb or whatever service for general metadata, and then hopefully if an editor exists, export my library and then edit the metadata to how I want it.

Thanks for any help/suggestions

#2 Mako Nakor

Mako Nakor

Rock Star

• Castle Keeper
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 10:53 PM

Take a look at xbmc companion, it is windows only, but many on these forums have been using it through parallels/vmware

#3 marklight

marklight

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 11:59 PM

Take a look at xbmc companion, it is windows only, but many on these forums have been using it through parallels/vmware

awesome, I'm not sure if you can answer this, but is there any way to make it so that program does not scrap for movie posters/thumbnails. I don't want to use the ones it finds, and it definitely takes forever for it to download the ones it finds.

#4 Mako Nakor

Mako Nakor

Rock Star

• Castle Keeper
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 12:10 AM

awesome, I'm not sure if you can answer this, but is there any way to make it so that program does not scrap for movie posters/thumbnails. I don't want to use the ones it finds, and it definitely takes forever for it to download the ones it finds.

That I am not sure of, I have never used the program... maybe somebody else here knows how to customize the info

#5 gretvs

gretvs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 09:17 PM

I just found this Java program mediareader which will work on osx !

go to http://www.24hourloo...cts/mediareader

Works pretty well!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users