6 replies to this topic

#1 tetrakis

tetrakis

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 11:28 PM

My appologies if someone already posted this, but there's a rather exhaustive review of Plex over at afterdawn.com. It seems pretty fair and reasonable. link

#2 Mako Nakor

Mako Nakor

Rock Star

• Castle Keeper
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 11:47 PM

Good Stuff!

#3 Isaac Ordonez

Isaac Ordonez

Mayor of Plexville

• Mayor Of Plexville
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2347 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 12:50 AM

That is quite the long review! Too bad they couldn't wait a week to get the new features we're dropping in .7
Need Help? Watch our Help videos directly inside Plex! Go to "Get Help" on the main menu.

Make sure to read up on how to create good Bug Reports and Feature Requests.
Read the Documentation and help edit the Wiki!

Wrote a great plugin? Submit it to the App store!

#4 Keane16

Keane16

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 02:10 PM

That is quite the long review! Too bad they couldn't wait a week to get the new features we're dropping in .7

Hopefully it drives a few people to the site, they read the blog, leading them to stick around for the 0.7 series. :)

We can hope! The more the merrier.

#5 jag0

jag0

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 08:12 PM

The problem is the link on the main page is still to 0.522 i.e. the OLD version...... so for those too lazy to click around the site they'll find the old version and think thats the latest release,

#6 Mako Nakor

Mako Nakor

Rock Star

• Castle Keeper
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 08:20 PM

Well I think that is intentional. The devs are prepping Plex/Six to replace Plex/Five so it will be the new stable series. Plex/Seven is going to remain the development branch (hemorrhaging edge as Elan puts it). I agree they need to make the Plex/Seven easy to find but I doubt if you ever see it on the home page.

#7 Jam

Jam

Plex Dev Team

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4042 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 08:20 PM

The problem is the link on the main page is still to 0.522 i.e. the OLD version...... so for those too lazy to click around the site they'll find the old version and think thats the latest release,

0.5.22 isn't really the "old" version, more like the "stable" version. It makes sense that people first landing on the site should be linked to the stable release so they don't get a bad first impression. 0.5.22 will soon become 0.6, giving us two series.

0.7.* will be the development/unstable series, where the latest features and changes will first appear, but you can expect some bugs occasionally. 0.6.* will be the stable series, getting only bugfixes & features from 0.7 once they're stable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users