8 replies to this topic

#1 Maupi

Maupi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 09:32 AM

Hi All,

I am relatively new to Plex and really love it so far.
I installed it on my MacMini and it is soooo much better then Front-Row!

Allthough I have been trying to install some plugins, none of them seem to be working on Plex. I guess they are all build for xBox or something...

Does anyone have a list of confirmed Plex plugins? Audio or Video or anything? The only ones I got working now are the iTunes and iPhoto plugin. None of the streaming plugins seems to work on my machine...

Anyone have the same problems? It would be great to have a list of working plugins for mac-users, wouldn't it?

Thanx in advance...

#2 Keane16

Keane16

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 01:04 PM

Hi,

Make sure you put the video plugins in

~/Library/Application Support/Plex/plugins/video/

I use the BBC iPlayer and ITV Catchup video plugins fine.

Most plugins that work for XBMC should work for Plex.

#3 davebez

davebez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 11:22 AM

Hi,

Make sure you put the video plugins in

~/Library/Application Support/Plex/plugins/video/

I use the BBC iPlayer and ITV Catchup video plugins fine.

Most plugins that work for XBMC should work for Plex.

How did you get your ITV catchup to work? all im getting is REDIRECTURL.ASPX displaying?

thanks

#4 neonbible

neonbible

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 09:44 PM

Where do I get the ITV plugin?

#5 Vandal

Vandal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 01:59 AM

I tried to use XBMC's youtube channels plugin in Plex, but it does not seem to work - don't the XBMC plugins work on Plex at all?

#6 jayman978

jayman978

Plex Dev Team

• Plexville Red Sox Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4559 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 03:06 PM

I tried to use XBMC's youtube channels plugin in Plex, but it does not seem to work - don't the XBMC plugins work on Plex at all?

As far as I know, XBMC plugins are different than Plex plugins. I do not think they are compatible.

#7 jayman978

jayman978

Plex Dev Team

• Plexville Red Sox Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4559 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 05:03 PM

There is an alternative in Plex though that will allow you to generate a plugin from a youtube feed. Check it out here: http://dev.plexapp.c...ugin_kickstart/

#8 Jam

Jam

Plex Dev Team

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4042 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 05:09 AM

Jay's right - Plex's new plug-in system was created from the ground up for Plex, and is incompatible with XBMC. Most XBMC plugins will still work in Plex, as the old plugin code still exists within the application. Any plugins that use newer features of the XBMC API, like the language functions, won't work. Support for XBMC plugins won't be staying around forever though - once Plex's plug-in system is slightly more mature we'll be dropping the legacy code (since, as I'm sure you can appreciate, maintaining and supporting two completely different APIs would be pretty pointless).

#9 bbfan23

bbfan23

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 06:44 AM

There is an alternative in Plex though that will allow you to generate a plugin from a youtube feed. Check it out here: http://dev.plexapp.c...ugin_kickstart/

This is exactly what I was looking for but once I generated the bundle and loaded it in Plex when I try to play a video I get an Error- Could not read input stream (or something similar). I tried it both ways and get same error. Bummer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users