3 replies to this topic

#1 tamarok

tamarok

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 01:17 PM

I have a directory on my computer that contains music videos and I would like to be able to get Plex to play them all, either in sequence or in random order. Can anyone tell me whether Plex can do this and if so how?

#2 jammytea

jammytea

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 01:31 PM

I have a directory on my computer that contains music videos and I would like to be able to get Plex to play them all, either in sequence or in random order. Can anyone tell me whether Plex can do this and if so how?

I would like this too but haven't been able to figure it out... you can add files to a playlist but it's a bit of a chore to do it one by one, and I don't think you can then save the playlist, so you'd have to do it again each time you start Plex. or have I missed something?

#3 tamarok

tamarok

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 02:31 PM

I would like this too but haven't been able to figure it out... you can add files to a playlist but it's a bit of a chore to do it one by one, and I don't think you can then save the playlist, so you'd have to do it again each time you start Plex. or have I missed something?

Playing around a bit more I created myself an M3U Playlist, but Plex just opens it as if it was a directory, instead of simply playing it outright. I could add the M3U playlist to the Plex playlist, but as you say this is a bit of a chore.

#4 Chris C

Chris C

Plex Employee

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8626 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 07:34 PM

You might check out another recent music videos topic. It includes a post at the end (currently) discussing a possible way.

Need help? Having trouble?
» Visit our Support Site for documentation, guides, and more - including the Getting Started section!
» Provide Log Files when reporting issues // Name and Organize your content correctly for best results

(please, no private messages unless requested)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users