#1 cryptochrome

cryptochrome

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 07:21 PM

Hi,

sometimes a movie is not scanned right and Plex uses some other match for the movie it finds and downloads a movie poster. Then when you go ahead and try to fix the incorrect match and still nothing comes up, I go ahead and edit the metadata myself. However, the movie poster Plex downloaded in the first place (for the incorrect match) sticks with the movie and I can't seem to find out how to remove it.

I tried using the "Change Artwork" feature and selected the thumbnail that Plex created from the movie. However, that does not seem to work, Plex still uses the wrong poster.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Sascha
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
http://flickr.com/cryptochrome
Twitter: @cryptochrome

#2 elan

elan

Sheriff of Plexville

• Sheriff Of Plexville
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7412 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 08:17 PM

I was able to change a poster back to the thumbnail and and then back to the poster without a problem. Can you explain in more detail what you did and if there were any error messages in the logs?

Posted Image

Instagram: @elan
The Plex blog.
The wife's photography site.
The brother's photography blog.
The dog's twitter feed.

#3 fanclerks

fanclerks

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 06:14 AM

I'm not sure if this is the same issue, but I came home tonight to find that around 10-15 movies have lost their posters that had already been scanned and retrieved for. When I attempt to go and set the poster again, it only lists the movie still as possible. There also doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason to which ones were affected. Here's just a list of some affected:

(500) Days of Summer
25th Hour
Akira
Alien
Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
Dark City
Joe Dirt

#4 cryptochrome

cryptochrome

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 07:48 AM

I was able to change a poster back to the thumbnail and and then back to the poster without a problem. Can you explain in more detail what you did and if there were any error messages in the logs?

Elan,

what happens is this:

I have a movie called "The Tree". Plex identifies it as "Rambo" and downloads poster art for Rambo. No I go in there and do "fix incorrect match". Unfortunately, nothing comes up for "The Tree". So I unmatch it and edit the metadata to reflect the correct title. Now it's called "The Tree", but it still has the Rambo poster. So I go ahead and "Change Artwork -> Change Poster". A screen comes up with two posters to choose from: The Rambo poster, and a thumbnail from the movie that Plex created. I double click the thumbnail, but nothing happens. I double click on the thumbnail again and again: Nothing happens. So I can't select the the thumbnail as the movie poster and the Rambo poster sticks.

Instead of just double clicking the thumbnail I also tried selecting the thumbnail and then use the "select image" option, but that has the same effect.

This is happening with the current incremental release, and it did the same thing in the previous incrementals. Not sure how far this goes back.

While doing this I watched the "All Logs" section in the log viewer, but nothing comes up.

Thanks
Sascha
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

#5 Chris C

Chris C

Plex Employee

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8665 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 08:56 AM

How about going and finding your own artwork/poster for the movie in question. Then go into the Change Artwork and instead of selecting the Rambo or still, use the Browse and specify the image you downloaded. That should then be used for the poster artwork.

Need help? Having trouble?
» Visit our Support Site for documentation, guides, and more - including the Getting Started section!
» Provide Log Files when reporting issues // Name and Organize your content correctly for best results

(please, no private messages unless requested)

#6 diamondsw

diamondsw

"Vitriolic yet well-intentioned"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 09:36 PM

Now I go in there and do "fix incorrect match". Unfortunately, nothing comes up for "The Tree". So I unmatch it and edit the metadata to reflect the correct title. Now it's called "The Tree", but it still has the Rambo poster. So I go ahead and "Change Artwork -> Change Poster". A screen comes up with two posters to choose from: The Rambo poster, and a thumbnail from the movie that Plex created. I double click the thumbnail, but nothing happens. I double click on the thumbnail again and again: Nothing happens. So I can't select the the thumbnail as the movie poster and the Rambo poster sticks.

Yes, "unmatching" doesn't remove any of the bad assets - which makes no sense - and getting it to use the thumbnail again is damned difficult. I reported this on the incrementals, but I think it got lost in the 0.9.1.7 thread.

#7 elan

elan

Sheriff of Plexville

• Sheriff Of Plexville
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7412 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 09:51 PM

OK, I've reproduced an issue with graphical assets not being reset, I will investigate and fix :)

Instagram: @elan
The Plex blog.
The wife's photography site.
The brother's photography blog.
The dog's twitter feed.

#8 cryptochrome

cryptochrome

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 07:09 AM

OK, I've reproduced an issue with graphical assets not being reset, I will investigate and fix :)

Awesome :D Thanks!

#9 fanclerks

fanclerks

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 05:23 PM

I think this might have fixed the issue that I was seeing. I'ma assuming there was a scanner change made as a result of this finding. All the movies that I had issues with before are now able to pull the correct posters and information without issue with a Fix Mismatch. However, some aren't being searched correctly. For one, Alien 3 kept coming back as Alien with the right year. Had to modify the metadata title after that fix, so no biggy. Cheech and Chong's Up in Smoke was detected as just Up In Smoke for some reason. And House of Flying Daggers only came back with the Chinese version of the name, not the English.

#10 jedi

jedi

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 08:54 PM

yes i've seen this in 0.9.1.9 and an earlier incremental or two - if i get an incorrect match after much fighting i can change the cover to a thumbnail (seem to have to match it, change the cover, lock it and then unmatch!) but there's no way to get the poster to change.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users