11 replies to this topic

#1 Harley Hooligan

Harley Hooligan

Plex Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1261 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 03:45 AM

Is there a way we can get collections stacked inside of the main library. Currently it feels just like a new genre type of metadata to sort by. I envision a stack of posters, maybe 3 or so deep to signal a collection instead of just a single poster, that resides along with the other single movie files inside of a library, sort of like a nested list. Then when I scroll past Bond in my library, I know all my bond files are in there. It would also allow for:

1. Smaller lists to load the same way that folders reduced the iOS page count
2. Personalized organization instead of some really long lists (did you see the post about the guy who has 109 TB?)

This way I won't have to see every bond movie when doing a general browse to find something interesting to watch, and instead I my brain can go "Do I want to watch a bond movie (let's be real. I am talking about Twilight)" only once instead of every time I pass one.

#2 Jam

Jam

Plex Dev Team

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4042 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 08:29 AM

This is already planned :)

#3 Harley Hooligan

Harley Hooligan

Plex Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1261 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 12:56 PM

rock on. you guys really do rock.

#4 morberg

morberg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 12:33 PM

(Bumping an old thread since Google thought highly of this one.)

I'm quite new to Plex and am running 9.3.4. Is this functionality available yet, or is it planned for a later release? I haven't found a way to stack my collections in the all movies view.

#5 osplo

osplo

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 02:42 PM

. Is this functionality available yet, or is it planned for a later release? I haven't found a way to stack my collections in the all movies view.

I think this is a very important feature. Essential, I would say. Is it done already?
Regards from Barcelona!

Panasonic VT30 50" plasma + DVD Phillips 5980 + iPlus (Spanish Canal+ HD Satellite) + Nintendo Wii + + iPod Touch/iPads/iPhone 5 + Apple Mini as Media Center (Plex + Plexaeon) + Airport Extreme (simultaneous dual band) + old Pioneer Hi-Fi system + KEF baffles

#6 tomnehek

tomnehek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 07:32 PM

Can't wait for this!

#7 KingManon

KingManon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 07:33 PM

Forgotten feature?

#8 cedell

cedell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:34 PM

I agree, this definitely needs to be revisited for Plex! XBMC is currently capable of this (they're called "sets") and can also have unique poster/fanart images applied other than the images form the included movies. For example, I added the generic poster of an iconic hockey mask for my Friday the 13th collection.

In Plex, my large collections crowd each section other than "Collections" and delay the movie-choosing process. A toggle setting to "Stack Collections" in the settings would be a perfect addition.

#9 nimitnshah

nimitnshah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:32 PM

I agree, this definitely needs to be revisited for Plex! XBMC is currently capable of this (they're called "sets") and can also have unique poster/fanart images applied other than the images form the included movies. For example, I added the generic poster of an iconic hockey mask for my Friday the 13th collection.

In Plex, my large collections crowd each section other than "Collections" and delay the movie-choosing process. A toggle setting to "Stack Collections" in the settings would be a perfect addition.

Any updates??

#10 AgeOfPanic

AgeOfPanic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:18 PM

Any updates??

I am wondering about this as well. The current way, with collections being an option in the menu (which I'm not a fan of anyway) seems much less refined than the way XBMC is handling this.

#11 cheezgrater

cheezgrater

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 01:21 PM

I also would love to see this. Many movie series have so many titles that they create significant clutter in the All Movies view. Examples would include the 007 Bond movies (23 or so titles) as the most extreme example. However, even smaller title sets like Harry Potter (8 movies), and The Fast and the Furious (5 movies) can cause annoyance when browsing through the movie section.

An option to collapse sets into a single item in the All Movies view (as a Preferences setting perhaps?) would significantly enhance the Plex experience for many people.

It would also be helpful in more use cases than just for series as well. All of my B-Horror movie collection that my wife has no desire to watch could be collapsed into one entry instead of being scattered throughout the library. Parents with children could have all of the Disney cartoons and animated movies collapsed into one (as a side note, any word on some kind of parental control?).

I would love to see this feature implemented.

The biggest problem with the "By Collection" view that currently exists in Plex is that it ONLY shows collections. This view completely ignores movies that are not assigned to a collection. What is needed is a hybrid view, with Collections collapsed into a single entry, but "uncollectioned" movies still displayed by title.

#12 fabiodarky

fabiodarky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:45 AM

+1 for this feature ... I can't wait for it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users