• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 raspberry

raspberry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 12:22 AM

Plex is completely unusable for me because I can't add ANY media. When I use Plex Media Server and I try to add content, clicking the "Add Section" button does nothing... the app just sits there and does nothing, no indication or feedback, nothing. If I press it a few more times, sometimes it will hang and then it's just dead - force quit is needed. Any help here? I can't get any media into Plex because of this issue, and don't really know what to do at this point. Thanks!

#2 Chris C

Chris C

Plex Employee

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8640 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 03:20 AM

Sounds like your installation got messed up somehow. Here's how to start fresh:

1. Quit the Plex Media Server if it's running (i.e. choose Quit from the menu you use to access the Media Manager)

2. Delete these two directories:
~/Library/Application Support/Plex/
~/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/

3. Move the Plex application to the trash

4. Re-download (in case your first download was somehow corrupted) the Plex application and re-install.

When you run Plex for the first time, you should also get the setup "wizard" which will allow you to specify movie/tv/music content (though you can, of course, also do it via the Media Manager later, too).

Need help? Having trouble?
» Visit our Support Site for documentation, guides, and more - including the Getting Started section!
» Provide Log Files when reporting issues // Name and Organize your content correctly for best results

(please, no private messages unless requested)

#3 raspberry

raspberry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 07:29 PM

Thanks for the reply. I did a clean uninstall and reinstall as you suggested... the setup wizard ran once, which worked.

Now I have a new problem... every action (and I mean pretty much *every* action) in PMS locks/freezes it. If I press a button in the toolbar, if I right-click on a movie, if I click the update button in the bottom... the whole thing just freezes and that's it - gotta force quit it. So essentially, I can't get it to ever update anything and I can't do anything within the app. What could the cause be?

#4 raspberry

raspberry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 10:22 PM

Are there any logs or error messages I can provide to help anyone debug this? Thanks in advance!

#5 Chris C

Chris C

Plex Employee

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8640 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 08:48 AM

You could try zipping up and attaching these logs:

~/Library/Logs/Plex Media Server.log
~/Library/Logs/PMS Plugin Logs/com.plexapp.system.log

Unfortunately, pinpointing the actual issue is likely beyond my familiarity with the logs, but hopefully others might see something.

Need help? Having trouble?
» Visit our Support Site for documentation, guides, and more - including the Getting Started section!
» Provide Log Files when reporting issues // Name and Organize your content correctly for best results

(please, no private messages unless requested)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users