12 replies to this topic

#1 dawiinci

dawiinci

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 01:11 PM

Can I delete movies inside Plex? If not are there any plans to include this? If not could you add this? :)

Would be cool to not have to open PMS on a media center after I watched a bad movie. ;)

#2 Chris C

Chris C

Plex Employee

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8573 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 05:14 PM

Short Answer:
Currently, no you can't.

Longer Answer:
I don't specifically know of plans to re-add that previous feature, but I wouldn't be surprised if it makes an appearance at some point in the future.

However, you don't remove content from Plex by going into the Media Manager anyway. Instead, simply remove the content from the specified location (e.g. delete or move a movie file out of your "Movies" folder). Then the next time Plex updates that section, the corresponding entry will be removed.

Need help? Having trouble?
» Visit our Support Site for documentation, guides, and more - including the Getting Started section!
» Provide Log Files when reporting issues // Name and Organize your content correctly for best results

(please, no private messages unless requested)

#3 dawiinci

dawiinci

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 06:43 PM

That's true. On a media center that means I have to get a keyboard or connect through the network. I think I'll make a feature request.

So if a movie is too bad I just get rid of it without taking the remote out of my hand. ;)

#4 Hotkey

Hotkey

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 11:17 PM

We need that feature big time!

#5 pete ranton

pete ranton

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 10:20 AM

For some reason now Plex still shows the movies that I removed from my movies folder. Of course when I click on them there is no file behind them. I had to go into Manager and click on the little Trash icon, and only then did it remove the deleted files.

This has started with the last few updates. Can someone else confirm something has changed?

#6 nerpissad

nerpissad

Plex Ninja

• Plex Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1511 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 10:24 AM

For some reason now Plex still shows the movies that I removed from my movies folder. Of course when I click on them there is no file behind them. I had to go into Manager and click on the little Trash icon, and only then did it remove the deleted files.

This has started with the last few updates. Can someone else confirm something has changed?

there's a setting in the PMS preferences that will automatically move these items to the trash for you. I think it is located under the library tab (I'm currently not behind a mac).

What to do if you're new to Plex?
First you should have a look at the Plex Wiki, its full of all sorts of useful information. For all initial set-up questions, the screencasts are an invaluable source of answers.
If you still can't solve your problem, your
Plex log files are very useful source of information. Zip them up and attach them to your post.

#7 pete ranton

pete ranton

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 10:58 AM

Thanks. I'll check that when I start up the Mac this evening. Something had to change, because I never had to do that. I wonder if that feature was added with the updates?

#8 nerpissad

nerpissad

Plex Ninja

• Plex Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1511 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 12:41 PM

Thanks. I'll check that when I start up the Mac this evening. Something had to change, because I never had to do that. I wonder if that feature was added with the updates?

yes I think it was added with the update before the current release (0.9.2.4) ;)

First you should have a look at the Plex Wiki, its full of all sorts of useful information. For all initial set-up questions, the screencasts are an invaluable source of answers.
Plex log files are very useful source of information. Zip them up and attach them to your post.

#9 Prasanna

Prasanna

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 01:01 PM

I'm having the same trouble as well. I'm new to using Plex. Can somebody help me navigate through PMS Preferences or Manager? The Preferences Menu on my Plex has very few options. I'm lost.

#10 nerpissad

nerpissad

Plex Ninja

• Plex Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1511 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 01:48 PM

I'm having the same trouble as well. I'm new to using Plex. Can somebody help me navigate through PMS Preferences or Manager? The Preferences Menu on my Plex has very few options. I'm lost.

what exactly are you having trouble with?
I was talking about the preferences for PMS which can be found by clicking the PMS icon in the menu bar at the top of your screen and selecting preferences. this is not the same as the preferences for the plex client.

#11 Chris C

Chris C

Plex Employee

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8573 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 06:34 PM

Please check out this post.

(And, yes, this "Soft Deletion" feature was added with 0.9.2.4.)

» Visit our Support Site for documentation, guides, and more - including the Getting Started section!
» Provide Log Files when reporting issues // Name and Organize your content correctly for best results

#12 rayne

rayne

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 05:59 AM

I recently deleted a movie from my movies folder, scanned the library and later on replaced it with a new file of the same movie (better quality). However, Plex doesn't recognize that I re-added the movie and still shows it to with the !-Symbol. I've tried to split it apart, but I think that just made things worse because now both movies have the !-Symbol. Plex doesn't realize that one of those files is actually still there. How can I fix that?

#13 Chris C

Chris C

Plex Employee

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8573 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 02:36 PM

@rayne

I've seen a report before about the "merged item has icon, split apart and both entries show the icon" issue before and I'm pretty positive the devs are aware. You didn't mention it in your post, but did you empty the trash in the Media Manager at any point in this? I'd make sure you empty the trash to get rid of any items Plex has detected as gone and then maybe do a Deep Scan by OPTION-clicking the refresh button for that section.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users