71 replies to this topic

#21 sander1

sander1

Channel Developer/Admin

• Castle Keeper
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2594 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 06:45 PM

Still not working for me in Safari. The movie window pops up, but the video never plays. It just says loading in the bar with the controls and nothing happens. Any ideas?

If the overlay with the videoplayer shows up, then the problem isn't in my javascript file(s). It can take a while before videos start playing.

Always attach log files if you are reporting an issue: Log file info & location

Problem with indexing files? Check the Naming Guide

#22 mattohara

mattohara

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 08:29 PM

argh, came here hoping for a Chrome solution. My Macbook died recently so I'm stuck with ChromeOS on the CR-48. I'd love to know if you get something going for it!

#23 sander1

sander1

Channel Developer/Admin

• Castle Keeper
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2594 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 11:44 PM

I've tried to get this to work with an embedded QuickTime player, but failed so far... :(

#24 fanclerks

fanclerks

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 07:17 AM

This is an awesome lil plugin! Finally something to let me stream stuff to my PC at work so I when I have free time, can actually use the larger monitor instead of the iOS clients. Would love to have choice in the bitrate though. Maybe a separate script for each?

#25 irishv

irishv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 05:56 PM

Unfortunately no, Chrome will not be able to play the transcoded streams produced by PMS.

Has there been any update to include this functionality in the web manager? I tried it out back in February without any issues in Safari, but can't seem to get it to work now. Is there a reason Firefox 4 wouldn't be capable of playing the stream from PMS? I can't install Safari on my work laptop, and would love this option while on the road.

#26 Driekes

Driekes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 08:34 PM

I've used it at my student home, where the server is located and it worked 2 days ago on my mac with safari. However, at home it doesn't work anymore, it shows a pop-up: Unable to find video.
Streaming to my phone works so probably something changed in the code of PMS?

#27 irishv

irishv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 08:42 PM

Yup, after upgrading my mini to 10.6.7 and 9.2.5 I get the same error in Safari on my MacBook: "Unable to find video info." Any ideas?

#28 Driekes

Driekes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 08:45 PM

I found my problem, apparently it doesn't support password protected servers.

Edit: Is there a possibility to use a more flexible transcoded file to use in other browsers? I am not a coder, I don't even know where to start, but this might be helpful/usable of is it only a demonstration: http://forums.plexap...post__p__144128

#29 sander1

sander1

Channel Developer/Admin

• Castle Keeper
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2594 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:18 PM

Is there a reason Firefox 4 wouldn't be capable of playing the stream from PMS?

Yes, Firefox doesn't support H264 encoded "html5" video playback :huh:

#30 Driekes

Driekes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:59 PM

Yes, Firefox doesn't support H264 encoded "html5" video playback :huh:

Yes, but at this point many websites are still using it, so probably everyone will install the required plugin i guess. What about google chrome?

#31 sander1

sander1

Channel Developer/Admin

• Castle Keeper
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2594 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:04 PM

Yes, but at this point many websites are still using it, so probably everyone will install the required plugin i guess.

"html5" video doesn't work with plugins, more recent browsers support it out of the box. The only difference is in codec (and container) support.

What about google chrome?

Chrome has dropped support for H.264 encoded video...

#32 Chris C

Chris C

Plex Employee

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8538 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:15 PM

Since you're poking your head in here, Sander... =) Do you know how feasible it would be to update the bookmarklet to support having Secure Server Access enabled on the PMS? (It works if you're accessing from inside your LAN, but not from externally.)

Need help? Having trouble?
» Visit our Support Site for documentation, guides, and more - including the Getting Started section!
» Provide Log Files when reporting issues // Name and Organize your content correctly for best results

(please, no private messages unless requested)

#33 Driekes

Driekes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 08:01 AM

Well, it depends on what you call 'plugin' then, but Microsoft created an addon/plugin for chrome to support H264 encoded video on google chrome. Because Google dropped the support it should still work. ( http://arstechnica.c...gle-on-webm.ars )

However, isn't is possible to let the bookmarklet detect the browser and adapt the output to the corresponding needs? So for safari use the current solution and for IE use h264? I'm not sure if PMS can already transcode to webm, but you know that better than I do I guess.

#34 kabrutus

kabrutus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 03:26 PM

I found my problem, apparently it doesn't support password protected servers.

You can get this to work using SSH. If you SSH into your computer and create a tunnel switching local ports with remote ports it will work. it kind of tricks the Plex Server into thinking you are local and not remote. I have it set up. it is really easy to do using the app SSHKeychain.

Mac Only.

Edited by kabrutus, 08 April 2011 - 03:27 PM.

#35 andyofb

andyofb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 11:12 AM

I get the problem "Unable to find video info." same as someone mentioned above.
Any ideas what this is?

Can you elaborate more on the tunnel for switching ports?

Thanks

#36 dirRtyjoe

dirRtyjoe

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 06:45 PM

Is it possible to get with working while keeping authentication on? I love this! Only other thing that could make it better would be chrome/ff support.
Kyler W

#37 derek.w0

derek.w0

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 07:41 PM

Would this work with FireFox?

#38 JoToFoSho

JoToFoSho

Plex Star

• Plex Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2882 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 08:09 PM

Would this work with FireFox?

Firefox doesn't support h264 unfortunately.
~John T.

New here? Read the wiki and watch the screencast! You'll save yourself a lot of time and frustration! :) If that didn't help, posting log files can help us track down your issue.

#39 shapetheLOLa

shapetheLOLa

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:24 PM

Ive got the problem that it automatically plays audio #1, even if thats not my english preferred one. In PMS Ive set audio and subtitle to english, but in some TV shows the first audio is not english, but in safari its still playing the first one :/ Any ideas about this?

#40 Chris C

Chris C

Plex Employee

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8538 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 06:31 AM

I'm pretty sure the client requesting the transcode (which is what is happening with Safari here) normally specifies which audio and/or subtitle stream to use if there are multiple. I doubt the bookmarklet is intelligent enough to be able to do that, so (I'm assuming here) the PMS just uses the first/default one if it's not specified.

There's probably a way you could modify the bookmarklet to request a different stream (and maybe just have multiple versions of the bookmarklet for the different stream numbers/positions?), but I don't know what sort of syntax is used in the requests to the PMS, so I really don't know how it would need to be modified.

Need help? Having trouble?
» Visit our Support Site for documentation, guides, and more - including the Getting Started section!
» Provide Log Files when reporting issues // Name and Organize your content correctly for best results

(please, no private messages unless requested)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users