372 replies to this topic

#1 Herbert

Herbert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 10:03 PM

Dear all,

I could not find any information on that. Is there a plugin for Icefilms and Plex?

#2 Mikedm139

Mikedm139

Plugin Developer

• Plex Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 03:21 AM

I haven't heard of a plugin for that site. The place to look would be the unsupported plugins page on the wiki ... http://wiki.plexapp....pported_plugins
I highly doubt an official version would get approved for Plex Online.

If you are having trouble with one or more channels, check here first.
If you are asked to provide logs, which you will be if you are having plugin problems, the help center has details on where to find them.
***************************************************************************************************************************************
Check out unofficial channels in the
UnSupported AppStore
Follow my efforts on Github and Twitter
Donate

#3 Herbert

Herbert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 02:40 PM

There's a really cool plugin/addon for XBMC to integrate Icefilms. So I hoped to find something similiar, but nothing. Can scripts from XBMC be executed on Plex?

#4 bugger

bugger

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 09:25 PM

Would love this! Any takers?

#5 peteF

peteF

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 01:19 AM

Hate to do it but... +1

#6 himym

himym

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:18 PM

There's a really cool plugin/addon for XBMC to integrate Icefilms. So I hoped to find something similiar, but nothing. Can scripts from XBMC be executed on Plex?

I haven't used the xbmc plugin but the screen shots look awesome. Attached is a much simpler plugin that has basic functionality. Amongst the limitations :

- only tv
- no captcha support
- no search
- the first time you enter tv may timeout, try again
- streaming takes a while to start, remember you need to wait 45 seconds
- poor error handling (megauploads is a finicky master)

Attached Files

Edited by himym, 09 June 2011 - 10:26 PM.

#7 peteF

peteF

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 11:27 PM

great stuff himym. Cant wait for movies & search ( ihope your build them :unsure: ). I almost went over to XMBC just to use the icefilms plugin. So thanks so much for writing this for plex. Just one problem, I cant seem to get it to open the stream, it always give a error 'could not determine input format' message. Any ideas?

#8 himym

himym

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 03:33 AM

great stuff himym. Cant wait for movies & search ( ihope your build them :unsure: ). I almost went over to XMBC just to use the icefilms plugin. So thanks so much for writing this for plex. Just one problem, I cant seem to get it to open the stream, it always give a error 'could not determine input format' message. Any ideas?

What client , server and show are you using? I use the Android client with a Windows server.
Can you try the first episode of how I met your mother or hawaii five 0 as they are the only shows I have tried it with.
The video takes a good while (~110 seconds) to show up so be sure to give it time. Hopefully there is something I can do about improving that but for now give it time.

#9 stiney

stiney

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:58 PM

I can't wait to try this out. Thanks for making it!!

Stiney

#10 peteF

peteF

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 02:50 AM

Himym I'm using a Mac mini as a client server. I tried Hawaii five o but still no luck :( I get the error message way before 110 secs I'd say about after 30 secs. Would my log help? Would love to get this to work. Been waiting for so long for someone to make it! Thanks!!!

#11 himym

himym

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 06:47 PM

Himym I'm using a Mac mini as a client server. I tried Hawaii five o but still no luck :( I get the error message way before 110 secs I'd say about after 30 secs. Would my log help? Would love to get this to work. Been waiting for so long for someone to make it! Thanks!!!

I think it is related to the Mac server timing out more aggressively than the Windows one. At least that is all I can get from the logs on my Macbook.

ERROR - Something is weird, no good response, we're aborting.

Unfortunately I'm a bit of a Plex noob so I'm not sure what can be done. I have posted on the dev boards about some possibly related strange behaviour on Windows but I have not received any replies.

#12 himym

himym

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 11:35 AM

There were two problems. The attached bundle fixes the one in the plugin. When you select the episode you now have to wait 45 seconds and then select again.

The second problem is a bug in Plex. If you want to use the Mac client you need to install 0.9.1.7. For some reason the Android client doesn't work with this so you should stick with the current release for Android clients. I know the change that broke Mac so maybe I can convince the powers that be to revert it.

Attached Files

#13 boomcha

boomcha

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 04:07 PM

Couldn't get it to work yet. Mind you I haven't installed their version of the DivX player. I have to do this don't I?

#14 himym

himym

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 04:11 PM

Couldn't get it to work yet. Mind you I haven't installed their version of the DivX player. I have to do this don't I?

At what stage does it break? You shouldn't need to install the DivX player to use the Plex plugin.

#15 boomcha

boomcha

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 04:27 PM

Thanks.

I choose the show I want to watch, then I it says "show name - wait 45 secs" I wait 45 secs, I press it and then it seems to be opening the stream but says invalid media format.I'm not in front of that computer right now but that is the gist.

At what stage does it break? You shouldn't need to install the DivX player to use the Plex plugin.

#16 stiney

stiney

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 02:14 PM

I have a little bit different problem. I select the show and it takes me to a blank plex screen. Nothing that says I need to wait 45sec. I'm not sure what to do.

Thanks

#17 himym

himym

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 01:55 AM

I have a little bit different problem. I select the show and it takes me to a blank plex screen. Nothing that says I need to wait 45sec. I'm not sure what to do.

Thanks

Icefilms get a bit finicky when you make too many requests. Quite a lot of requests get made the first time you load the show list (the info is cached so it is a once off hit). Can you try again?

Icefilms have put a new layer of obfuscation around the megaupload links in order to stop bots finding the links. Not sure if this is aimed at stopping the links getting taking down or ensuring their adverts get view. A new version to work around it attached. As before you need version of 0.9.1.7 Plex for the Mac client or the latest version of Plex for other clients.

Attached File  IceFilms.bundle.zip   64.03KB   566 downloads

#18 peteF

peteF

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 11:37 PM

hi himym,
im still getting 'error-could not determine input format'. after about 5 seconds :-( any ideas?

#19 himym

himym

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 12:14 AM

hi himym,
im still getting 'error-could not determine input format'. after about 5 seconds :-( any ideas?

For some reason the version I uploaded last night isn't working anymore even though it was yesterday.
Can you try this version. Remember you need version 0.9.1.7 if you want to use the Mac client and captcha is not supported so not all shows are supported. Try How I Met Your Mother or American Dad or Hawaii 5-0.

Attached Files

#20 stiney

stiney

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 04:55 PM

Sorry...I am using the latest version of Plex on my Mac mini. I will downgrade to .9.1.7 the next time I get a chance and report back.

Thanks

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users