#1 IanB!

IanB!

Plex Employee

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2116 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 01:18 PM

Hey,

So this is my first stab at writing a Plex plugin. I've been procrastinating over when to release it but I think it's stable enough at the moment. There are a few known issues which I'll be working on iron-ing out, and i'm sure there will be some unknown ones too. If anyone does find bugs, please post them here and i'll try to resolve them ASAP. Here are some details of what the plugin will (and wont) do:

LoveFilm Plugin
This plugin will allow you to completely managed you're LoveFilm lists. This includes the following:
  • Searching through their online content
  • Adding/Removing items from your rental list
  • Changing the priority of titles within your list
  • Watch trailers (when available)
  • and some other stuff too
The plugin requires the user to "Activate" their account online to allow the application to access their personalised content. This is a one time operation and should hopefully be fully explained within the plugin. Let me know if you have any problems.

I've attached a few snapshots...

Personal List - List View.png

Personal List - Media Preview View.png

Film Details.png

However, this plugin does not provide access to the LoveFilm Player. Personally, I would have loved to do this but since the plugin uses the API provided by LoveFilm, I have to keep within the Terms & Conditions of it's use. In order to implement LoveFilm Player support, I would require the user to enter their username and password into the plugin. This is strictly against their T&Cs. However, I may continue to look into this and how one might go about writing a completely separate plugin in order to provide this functionality, no promises though!

Known Issues
Here is my current list of known issues:
  • Multi-disk Titles - I'm not currently handling titles which appear on your rental list as multiple disks, e.g. TV shows. I'm still trying to work out how best to display/group these together, etc.
  • Unhelpful message when cannot find trailer - Trailer support is a bit experimental.

[Updated 21/02/11]
  • Translated to German, including German url's. I'm hoping that this works, but is currently untested.
  • Fixed minor issues, including not being able to rate a previously unrelated title

[Updated 26/02/11]
  • Reviews now available
  • Resolved issue with titles which are not yet available for rental

Attached Files

Plugins: SkyGo, LoveFilm-Player, Crackle, Blinkbox, Stuff.tv, 5by5, RWC2011, FXUK, Jerry Seinfeld, VideoJug, SoundCloud, Ziln
Rewitten: YouTube, Netflix, Hulu, Pitchfork.TV, National Geographic
Blog: Plex Plugin DevBlog

#2 IanB!

IanB!

Plex Employee

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2116 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 09:56 PM

Hey, if anyone could translate the attached file into German, I would really appreciate it. The format of the file is:

Key : Value
I only need the Value to be translated as the key would remain the same for all translations.

Also, if you're a German LoveFilm user, I'd really appreciate you get in contact. I've got a version of the plugin that I think should work but would like to confirm before I submit it to be included into Plex Online. Let me know...

Update:
* Not needed anymore, managed to persuade someone at work to do it for me. Hopefully they've not added any funnies!

Attached Files

• Attached File  de.txt   2.93KB   327 downloads

Plugins: SkyGo, LoveFilm-Player, Crackle, Blinkbox, Stuff.tv, 5by5, RWC2011, FXUK, Jerry Seinfeld, VideoJug, SoundCloud, Ziln

#3 Lachunk

Lachunk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 08:45 PM

Hey, Thanks again for getting this up! The plugin seems to work fine. Had an initial issue with it not playing any trailers but as soon as I restarted PMS they all started playing.

#4 IanB!

IanB!

Plex Employee

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2116 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:29 PM

Hey, Thanks again for getting this up! The plugin seems to work fine. Had an initial issue with it not playing any trailers but as soon as I restarted PMS they all started playing.

Cool, glad you like it. I've been fixing a few minor bugs so will hopefully update the one available in the next few days. One of the problem with the trailers is that they're not always available. At the moment, I assume it is until the user selects the option. Then if I can't find a trailer, PMS displays a very unhelpful message about "Source Input" or something. If you see that, it really means "Trailer not available". I could check before hand and not let a user even choose Trailer, but then that would add time between them selecting the title and seeing the full details of it. Lots of considerations, and can't decide :)

Anyway, let me know if you see any weird issues (even if they're really small).

#5 IanB!

IanB!

Plex Employee

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2116 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 05:35 PM

Plugin updated!

#6 IanB!

IanB!

Plex Employee

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2116 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 03:31 PM

Plugin updated. See main post for recent changes...

Also, let me know if you're having any issues with it or any suggestions on how to improve it in the future.

#7 be_ddiawl

be_ddiawl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 04:08 PM

i subscribe to the watch online feature, does this do it? i cant seem to find out where!

#8 Advocate

Advocate

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 06:45 PM

Where do I put this plugin? I've tried putting it in ~/Library/Application Support/Plex/plugins/video but it doesn't show up in Plex.
Loving Plex!

#9 IanB!

IanB!

Plex Employee

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2116 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 07:16 PM

i subscribe to the watch online feature, does this do it? i cant seem to find out where!

Unfortunately, this plugin does not support the LoveFilm Player. This is because it's against the Terms and Conditions associated with LoveFilm and therefore, if I added support, they would block the whole plugin. I've contacted LoveFilm to see if they would allow me to further extend it, but no comments as yet. The plugin at the moment, simply allows you to search through the LoveFilm title database and to manage your queue(s).

#10 IanB!

IanB!

Plex Employee

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2116 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 07:17 PM

Where do I put this plugin? I've tried putting it in ~/Library/Application Support/Plex/plugins/video but it doesn't show up in Plex.

You should place the file in /Library/Application Support/Plex Media Support/Plug-ins. It will then appear in Plex under the Video's section. Let me know if you have any problems...

#11 Ping

Ping

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 10:02 PM

Hi Ian,

Worked a treat cheers -

Added films, and reviewed lists - all great.

Not tried to removing a film yet

Would be good to be able to select media types, ie not blueray in my case, but not that important.

Keep up the good work and if you need any lobbying with love film, tell me who and where. Would love to see the streaming password allowed in the t&c's especially given you have to register with LF to use the plugin.

Only problem is my plugins keep disappearing though, just leaving iTunes. Is this a plex issue?
2010 mini + 2x droboFS 5x2Tb WD Green running duel redundancy plex 0.9

#12 IanB!

IanB!

Plex Employee

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2116 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 09:00 AM

Hi Ian,

Worked a treat cheers -

Added films, and reviewed lists - all great.

Not tried to removing a film yet

Would be good to be able to select media types, ie not blueray in my case, but not that important.

Keep up the good work and if you need any lobbying with love film, tell me who and where. Would love to see the streaming password allowed in the t&c's especially given you have to register with LF to use the plugin.

Only problem is my plugins keep disappearing though, just leaving iTunes. Is this a plex issue?

Hey Ping,

Thanks for your feedback and suggestions. When I get some free time i'll have a look at getting some media type preferences in.

Regarding the LoveFilm streaming, i'm planning on submitting the plugin to be distributed via Plex Online relatively. Once i've done this, i'm going to post details of it on the LoveFilm API Developer Forums. I'll let people know via this forum and then people can make posts on the LoveFilm one asking for streaming, etc.

I've also noticed the plugins disappearing occasionally. I'd be very surprised if my plugin could be the cause of this. Much more likely to be a Plex issue... I hope! :)

Ian

#13 plexberry

plexberry

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 10:59 AM

Been using this plug-in for a couple of weeks now and it's awesome!

Thanks greatly!

:-)
Thank you to all who have built Plex up to what it is... it has changed my movie viewing experience!

#14 Declan

Declan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 09:27 PM

How do I set this up to work with the German LoveFilm store?

#15 IanB!

IanB!

Plex Employee

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2116 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 04:28 PM

How do I set this up to work with the German LoveFilm store?

Thanks to Declan, we've found out that LoveFilm do not currently support German users via their API. If/when this changes, i'll update the plugin and push it out.

#16 goeste

goeste

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 01:45 PM

any news on this? I would really appreciate the german LoveFilm Plug-in to work ;)

#17 IanB!

IanB!

Plex Employee

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2116 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 07:34 PM

any news on this? I would really appreciate the german LoveFilm Plug-in to work ;)

Unfortunately not. I'd love to support this but until LoveFim provide support, its not going to happen. I take it they still havent released a iOS client which supports German users yet?

#18 t.lo

t.lo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 02:13 PM

Unfortunately not. I'd love to support this but until LoveFim provide support, its not going to happen. I take it they still havent released a iOS client which supports German users yet?

Actually, there now is a German Lovefilm player for ipad and iphone. Does that mean that you can port the UK Lovefilm player to Germany? That would be wonderful!!!

t.lo

#19 IanB!

IanB!

Plex Employee

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2116 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 02:16 PM

Actually, there now is a German Lovefilm player for ipad and iphone. Does that mean that you can port the UK Lovefilm player to Germany? That would be wonderful!!!

t.lo

I looked into using the iPad/iPhone application as a start for a new version of this plugin. Unfortunately, LoveFilm really don't want people to get access to the underlying streams and have jumped through a number of hoops in order to prevent this (including encrypting the stream URL information with AES). It's probably better that I focus more on making the existing implementation more reliable, which I'm hoping will be soon.

Once this is working better for the UK site, I could look into the German one, if there was enough interest. However, I would need help from German users, since I don't have a German login and I'm guessing the site is also geo-blocked.

Will try to keep people up to date...

Ian

#20 sim667

sim667

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 12:26 PM

Does anyone know whether this app will work on the apple tv2?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users