So this is my first stab at writing a Plex plugin. I've been procrastinating over when to release it but I think it's stable enough at the moment. There are a few known issues which I'll be working on iron-ing out, and i'm sure there will be some unknown ones too. If anyone does find bugs, please post them here and i'll try to resolve them ASAP. Here are some details of what the plugin will (and wont) do:
This plugin will allow you to completely managed you're LoveFilm lists. This includes the following:
- Searching through their online content
- Adding/Removing items from your rental list
- Changing the priority of titles within your list
- Watch trailers (when available)
- and some other stuff too
I've attached a few snapshots...
However, this plugin does not provide access to the LoveFilm Player. Personally, I would have loved to do this but since the plugin uses the API provided by LoveFilm, I have to keep within the Terms & Conditions of it's use. In order to implement LoveFilm Player support, I would require the user to enter their username and password into the plugin. This is strictly against their T&Cs. However, I may continue to look into this and how one might go about writing a completely separate plugin in order to provide this functionality, no promises though!
Here is my current list of known issues:
- Multi-disk Titles - I'm not currently handling titles which appear on your rental list as multiple disks, e.g. TV shows. I'm still trying to work out how best to display/group these together, etc.
- Unhelpful message when cannot find trailer - Trailer support is a bit experimental.
- Translated to German, including German url's. I'm hoping that this works, but is currently untested.
- Fixed minor issues, including not being able to rate a previously unrelated title
- Reviews now available
- Resolved issue with titles which are not yet available for rental