• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 martona

martona

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 02:04 AM

Video refuses to play... tap on a movie, and get an "unexpected error" notification. Anyone have any luck with this device? Is there an eta for a fix?

#2 tezromania

tezromania

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 03:22 AM

i also have a xoom with the exact same problem. any video file at all. wether it is from a feed or it is from my server gets the unedpected error. this app would really make or brake the xoom for me so hopefully a fix comes out soon? thanks guys.

#3 gbdesai

gbdesai

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 04:15 AM

i also have a xoom with the exact same problem. any video file at all. wether it is from a feed or it is from my server gets the unedpected error. this app would really make or brake the xoom for me so hopefully a fix comes out soon? thanks guys.

Same here, I sent the automatic bug report, hopefully it's just something minor...

#4 darrin

darrin

Plex Dev Team

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2062 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 07:23 AM

Same here, I sent the automatic bug report, hopefully it's just something minor...

Wow - thanks for jumping on this and trying Plex out!

We need to provide updated video subsystem to support Honeycomb. It's at least 1 week away probably closer to 2 - I don't have a more precise ETA than that at this point but I'll let you know more when I have better information.

-Darrin
Please visit the Android FAQ for network troubleshooting tips and if you're not sure how to Capture a Logcat and Caputre a Plex Media Server.log. To ensure a prompt reply - please always include a link back to the topic you're writing about!!

Follow me (darrin) on twitter for Android and Google TV related goodness.

Thanks!
-Darrin

#5 ritalin

ritalin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 08:08 PM

Wow - thanks for jumping on this and trying Plex out!

We need to provide updated video subsystem to support Honeycomb. It's at least 1 week away probably closer to 2 - I don't have a more precise ETA than that at this point but I'll let you know more when I have better information.

-Darrin

Oh please god make this work. Im on the way to get my Xoom right now.

If you need a guinea pig, feel free to ask.

#6 darrin

darrin

Plex Dev Team

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2062 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 10:53 PM

Oh please god make this work. Im on the way to get my Xoom right now.

If you need a guinea pig, feel free to ask.

We will for sure - but nobody brought me MY Xoom yet! :)
Please visit the Android FAQ for network troubleshooting tips and if you're not sure how to Capture a Logcat and Caputre a Plex Media Server.log. To ensure a prompt reply - please always include a link back to the topic you're writing about!!

Thanks!
-Darrin

#7 blog

blog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 04:01 AM

+1 on this. Given the Xoom's weak support of video formats, Plex is crucial for us Xoom users.

If the plex development team needs a xoom, I'm sure funds could be rounded up.

#8 p00pers

p00pers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 12:12 PM

I'm also happy to beta test this for you. I already have the iOS app and it's running perfectly on my mac mini. I've been so happy with plex for the past 1.5 years.

#9 Guest_Exstatica_*

Guest_Exstatica_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2011 - 08:04 PM

+1, it would be really nice to be able to use this app on the Xoom.

#10 gbdesai

gbdesai

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 10:14 PM

+1, it would be really nice to be able to use this app on the Xoom.

Just returned mine. Don't get me wrong I love Android to a fault. But this device is just not ready enough for me. I had constant Force Closes even on approved apps. Market was flakey, and too much is incomplete right now (SD card, LTE, etc.). I'll wait for now. I'm sure this will be an amazing platform by the fall...

#11 fletch33

fletch33

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 07:26 PM

loving the Xoom. need my Plex to work :)

thanks for your work on getting this going.

waiting and hoping

#12 Guest_Exstatica_*

Guest_Exstatica_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 March 2011 - 07:55 PM

it appears to start buffering on the xoom now with the update, but it doesn't actually finish, it just buffers forever.

#13 fletch33

fletch33

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 08:09 PM

it appears to start buffering on the xoom now with the update, but it doesn't actually finish, it just buffers forever.

do you have Flash installed?

#14 Guest_Exstatica_*

Guest_Exstatica_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 March 2011 - 08:11 PM

yes I do

#15 fletch33

fletch33

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 08:22 PM

yes I do

ok just curious. i am looking forward to this on my Xoom. just got my HDMI cable and now have portable PLEX and that is awesome.

#16 Guest_Exstatica_*

Guest_Exstatica_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 March 2011 - 08:29 PM

still doesn't work though, just buffers forever. I hope they get to the support soon, and they fix my windows scanning issue.

#17 darrin

darrin

Plex Dev Team

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2062 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 09:27 PM

still doesn't work though, just buffers forever. I hope they get to the support soon, and they fix my windows scanning issue.

Nope, sorry guys - not yet... I promise I'll let you know.

Thanks!
-Darrin

#18 cranch

cranch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 10:50 PM

Anything we with Xooms can do to help? I swear you mentioned somewhere you didnt have one so if I can somehow use mine for the cause I will :)

#19 darrin

darrin

Plex Dev Team

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2062 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 11:03 PM

Anything we with Xooms can do to help? I swear you mentioned somewhere you didnt have one so if I can somehow use mine for the cause I will :)

Ha - now that's a show of generosity! We've got it covered - just a bit of hard work left to bring this to you!

Thanks!
-Darrin

#20 p00pers

p00pers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 12:33 AM

Mine will buffer for a few seconds and just putters out.
I'm really excited for it to work - I love the xoom and this would be icing on the cake. Can't wait to try the new update on my iphone, too, but honeycomb support would be ideal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users