• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#21 cranch

cranch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 12:36 AM

I think the biggest push for the Xoom owners on here is that its ability to playback almost ANY video is a challenge right now. I'm guessing Xoom support with Plex will see a lot of new Plex for Android customers. Saves all the people from having to re-encode just to watch video :)

#22 Guest_Exstatica_*

Guest_Exstatica_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2011 - 12:52 AM

Thats my issue, I ended up re-encoding a few movies to watch them, while its cool, its like waiting 30 minutes before you can can watch it, and by then you're over it.

#23 p00pers

p00pers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 12:17 PM

don't want to sound like a prick, but any news on this? Do you need more beer? That's the only way I know how to help out...

#24 darrin

darrin

Plex Dev Team

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2062 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 12:47 PM

We're working on it. I'll give a bit more news very soon.
Please visit the Android FAQ for network troubleshooting tips and if you're not sure how to Capture a Logcat and Caputre a Plex Media Server.log. To ensure a prompt reply - please always include a link back to the topic you're writing about!!

Follow me (darrin) on twitter for Android and Google TV related goodness.

Thanks!
-Darrin

#25 dadoc04

dadoc04

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 01:12 PM

We're working on it. I'll give a bit more news very soon.

Thanks Darrin, cant wait to hear it.

#26 darrin

darrin

Plex Dev Team

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2062 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 04:29 PM

Mine will buffer for a few seconds and just putters out.
I'm really excited for it to work - I love the xoom and this would be icing on the cake. Can't wait to try the new update on my iphone, too, but honeycomb support would be ideal.

:) Yes this is expected. I think we've mentioned this elsewhere - the current release will not work on the Xoom or any honeycomb based product.
Please visit the Android FAQ for network troubleshooting tips and if you're not sure how to Capture a Logcat and Caputre a Plex Media Server.log. To ensure a prompt reply - please always include a link back to the topic you're writing about!!

Thanks!
-Darrin

#27 tezromania

tezromania

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 09:28 PM

yeah im at the point now where it tells me it is authenticating the video file or something for a few seconds before it kicks back to the selection page.

#28 dadoc04

dadoc04

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 09:27 PM

yeah im at the point now where it tells me it is authenticating the video file or something for a few seconds before it kicks back to the selection page.

Tez,

its been that way for some time... Darrin and crew are working on it for us Xoomers and will update us with news shortly. I find myself checking back here for that news every day... LOL
cant wait

#29 tezromania

tezromania

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 06:38 AM

Tez,

its been that way for some time... Darrin and crew are working on it for us Xoomers and will update us with news shortly. I find myself checking back here for that news every day... LOL
cant wait

yeah. this software is absolutely awesome. so im checking back everyday too. i have been using really crappy code of my own that i threw together to try and stream from my server but its so bad.

#30 dadoc04

dadoc04

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 04:06 PM

^ I agree... its badass

#31 tallnerd1985

tallnerd1985

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 09:42 PM

yeah. this software is absolutely awesome. so im checking back everyday too. i have been using really crappy code of my own that i threw together to try and stream from my server but its so bad.

Yeah, I wish Google hadn't changed the video framework because pre-3.0 and pre-Plex I was using VLC to create a stream using h264 but I had to change over to WebM transcoding to get to function halfway decent on the Xoom.
Alpha Tester for Android Plex Client

Android vs iPhone vs Blackberry vs Windows Phone vs Brew
"It really doesn't matter how much better you think you are for the the phone you carry, it still won't get you laid"

#32 dadoc04

dadoc04

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 03:28 PM

Darrin, just wondering is there an news/updates on this?

#33 darrin

darrin

Plex Dev Team

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2062 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:47 PM

Funny you should ask. Yes - it's here!!

http://darrin.plexap...-other-tablets/

Go get it and let us know if we screwed up or not! ;)

-D

Thanks!
-Darrin

#34 blog

blog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 12:59 AM

Funny you should ask. Yes - it's here!!

http://darrin.plexap...-other-tablets/

Go get it and let us know if we screwed up or not! ;)

-D

YES! FINALLY!

First impressions:
WOW! The interface is great, and playback seems to be working properly... Although with some audio hitching on a 720p mkv. dvdrip playing flawlessly though.

First request: can you hide the honeycomb controls like the standard media player does? Just turns em into faint dots.

Otherwise things are looking great, and a major reason why i bought a xoom (and plex) on their respective launch days is now fulfilled.

#35 darrin

darrin

Plex Dev Team

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2062 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:02 AM

YES! FINALLY!

First impressions:
WOW! The interface is great, and playback seems to be working properly... Although with some audio hitching on a 720p mkv. dvdrip playing flawlessly though.

First request: can you hide the honeycomb controls like the standard media player does? Just turns em into faint dots.

Otherwise things are looking great, and a major reason why i bought a xoom (and plex) on their respective launch days is now fulfilled.

blog - thanks for your post. Your first request is on the list already. We tried in the first pass but for whatever reason couldn't get those darn controls to hide... we'll definitely take another swing at it soon.

Thanks!
-Darrin

#36 blog

blog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:06 AM

after playing some more stuff throughout my library...

all xvid dvdrip content plays flawlessly
some 720p mkvs play flawlessly
some 720p mkvs play with no sound at all

Have it set to 5mbit and the video quality is rather spectacular on everything

#37 darrin

darrin

Plex Dev Team

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2062 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:20 AM

after playing some more stuff throughout my library...

all xvid dvdrip content plays flawlessly
some 720p mkvs play flawlessly
some 720p mkvs play with no sound at all

Have it set to 5mbit and the video quality is rather spectacular on everything

blog - Thanks for letting us know... would you mind trying to lower the bitrate to see if that helps or hurts with your content?

Thanks!
-Darrin

#38 blog

blog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:25 AM

Works fine set to 3mbit. Quality of video still very good. Sweet. Now to check out 3g.

#39 darrin

darrin

Plex Dev Team

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2062 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:30 AM

Works fine set to 3mbit. Quality of video still very good. Sweet. Now to check out 3g.

Am I allowed to chuckle at the notion of HD video over 3G?? :)

Thanks!
-Darrin

#40 blog

blog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:32 AM

720kbit over 3g works flawlessly also. (I'm going out over TWC roadrunner with 2mbit upstream)
1.5mbit over 3g took a moment to stabilize but actually seems to be working great

Obviously these don't look as good as 3mbit but they are 100% watchable even for someone rather picky. Looks far better than HQ youtube on the xoom imo. I'm viewing a 720p mkv at these settings and it works fantastic. 1.5m definitely looks a lot better than 720k.

Congratulations. Plex has come a long way from the first android version. Barely any delays at all when browsing and starting a video. After adjusting the bitrate in wifi mode, I literally can't find anything to complain about other than hiding the honeycomb buttons. I'm telling all my friends who are getting the asus/acer tabs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users