CURRENTLY NOT WORKING!
17 jan. 2015
Sadly, we are faced with some problems on Github, and the Unsupported AppStore is currently not available on GitHub.
We are in dialog with GitHub regarding this, and will hopefully get it back online very soon.
We'll keep you updated
About: The Unsupported Appstore is a plugin for the Plex Media Server to ease the process of finding, downloading, installing, updating and (if need be) uninstalling unsupported Plex plugins. Please note that the plugins available here-in are not supported by the Plex Media Server "Plex Online" store for a a reason (possibly more than one reason). They may be unstable, unfinished, or provide access to content which may be offensive. If you are having trouble with any of the plugins available through this app, please contact the plugin's author for support. The author of the Unsupported Appstore takes no responsibility for the content/stability/suitability of the contained plugins and any complaints or requests for support in relation to specific plugins will be ignored.
Windows (Easy) Installer: Follow this link to a very handy and simple installer (with instructions) created by the very helpful dane22. If you have issues with the installer, please post in that thread. If you have issues with the Unsupported Appstore after installation, please post in this thread.
Installation: Simply download and extract the attached plugin.bundle into the plugins folder in the PMS Application Support directory to make the plugin show up in your Plex 'Video Channels' section. See How do I find the Plug-Ins Folder?
- For Mac users this is: ~/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins.
- For Windows users (if you prefer manual installation over the easy installer linked above) this is: ~\AppData\Local\Plex Media Server\Plug-ins.
- For Linux users this will depend on the location of your PMS install but should be something like: ~/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins.
- Apparently on Ubuntu 12.04, it's /var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins/
Note for Linux users: It is important that the UnSupportedAppstore.bundle be owned by the proper user:group and have the proper permissions. I think that most linux installations of PMS use "plex" as the user and the group. 755 for permissions seems to be a reasonable choice. If in doubt, look at what the Framework.bundle and System.bundle use since they are part of the PMS installation. I am far from a linux guru so take this advice for what it's worth.
Usage is pretty self-explanatory.
After installing the Unsupported Appstore as directed above, it will appear in the list of channels on your Plex client app of choice. Do not look for the Unsupported Appstore (or any of it's contents) in the Channel Directory. They are completely separate.
Using pretty much any Plex client, you should be able to use the Unsupported Appstore channel to browse the list of available unsupported channels and agents. Clicking on any one of them will offer you the option to install. The installed channels will then be available via the appropriate (video/music/photo channels, etc) section of your Plex client. The U-Appstore will keep track of when updates become available for any plugins that you install and will offer you the option to install the update(s) or download and install them automatically in the background.
The U-Appstore is now capable of self-updating automatically. It will check daily for updates, then download and install any that are available for installed channels.
If you're having trouble with individual plugins installed through this plugin, please contact the plugin author through the appropriate channels, usually a post in the applicable forum thread.
If you're having troubles with the UnSupported AppStore plugin itself, please post as much detail as possible in this thread for trouble shooting purposes.
Please post a detailed description of the issue and a zip file containing the Unsupported Appstore log (com.plexapp.plugins.unsupportedappstore.log).
The log will contain a version "number" which can be compared to the source repository to ensure everything is up to date.
DEBUG (__init__:432) - UnSupported Appstore version: XXXXXXXXXX
For instructions on where to find logs for your platform, read here.
If you're experiencing an issue where numerous channels are being automatically installed, please make a post in this thread with the following information;
- Operating system running PMS
- What clients do you use?
- If you share with any other users, what clients do they use?
I am trying to track this issue down but, since I can't reproduce it myself, I need more data to cross-reference.
If you prefer, feel free to download the channel directly from GitHub using the link below. Note, if you use the GiHub link, make sure to know "How do I manually install a channel?"
For Plugin Developers interested in adding your plugin to the project, check out the github repo. The U-appstore now (as of March 10, 2012) supports tracking download counts for the contained plugins. If you're interested in finding out how many times your plugin(s) have been downloaded, send me a PM or post in this thread.
List of Current Channels - Last updated October 20, 2014
Note: These links are to the support threads for their respective plugins. Please use these to find the appropriate thread to post in for issues with specific channels.
4tube adult video channel by Pip Longrun
- AniDB.net Metadata Agent by Tuffo
- AnimeHD video channel by NexPB
- ATV MediaThek video channel by meo
- BayFM 99.9FM audio channel by jab_au
- Beeg.com adult video channel by Pip Longrun
- Big 12 Sports video plugin by familyvance
- BitTorrent video plugin by SharkOne
- BringThePopcorn video channel by bringthepopcorn
- Channel7 (AU) Australian video channel by arumbold
- Channel9 (AU) Australian video channel by arumbold
- Channel10 (AU) Australian video channel by arumbold
- Christian Science video plugin by familyvance
- ClickPlay video plugin by Pip Longrun
- CMT Shows video channel by shopgirl284
- CouchPotato application control channel by Mikedm139
- CrunchyRoll video channel by mattrk
- Dabdate video channel by hojel
- Data18 metadata agent by chidychi
- DevTools helper plugin by dane22
- Discovery Networks video channel by meo
- DropBox video plugin by realriot
- ep*rner adult video channel by flow
- ExcaliburFilms Metadata Agent by vofik
- FilmOn video plugin by meo
- FindMissing application channel by srazer
- FindUnmatched application channel by dane22
- FootyReport video channel by Papa Lozarou
- Full Movies on Reddit video channel by jwdempsey
- G2G.fm video channel by TehCrucible
- GameOne video channel by der_rod
- Google Music channel by jwdempsey
- GrooveShark music channel by jwdempsey
- HDBits Subtitles agent by Coil
- HDSerials video channel by kolsys
- HDStreaming video channel by Papa Lozarou
- Hitbox.tv video channel by r15ch13
- IceFilms video channel by ReallyFuzzy
- IMDb HD Trailers video channel by Mikedm139
- InternetArchive video plugin by meo
- IPTV video channel by Cigaras
- iSho.ws video plugin by Pip Longrun
- ITV Player (UK) video channel by ReallyFuzzy
- Kink.com metadata agent by vofik
- LetMeWatchThis video channel by ReallyFuzzy
- Library Updater application channel by Mikedm139
- LinkTV video plugin by meo
- LiveLeak video plugin by meo
- Logo TV video channel by shopgirl284
- Mangafox photo channel by hojel
- MediaPortal video channel by jwdempsey
- Movie2k video channel by joecowboy
- MTV Shows video channel by shopgirl284
- NBCSports video channel by familyvance
- Newzworthy application channel by crazeeEyez
- NHL video channel by Mikedm139
- nick reboot video channel by nickreboot
- OldMovieTime video channel by meo
- Open Movie Database metadata agent by Yeah
- ORF TVThek video channel by meo
- Plex2CSV application channel by dane22
- PlexTools application channel by jwdempsey
- PLinkTV video plugin by realriot
- Podnapisi subtitle agent by Coil
- rawranime.tv video channel by TehCrucible
- RedTube adult video channel by flow
- RoosterTeeth video plugin by meo
- RSS Feeds video channel by shopgirl284
- SABnzbd+ application channel by Mikedm139
- SBS (AU) australian video channel by arumbold
- SickBeard application channel by Mikedm139
- SmiConvert application plugin by hojel
- Soma FM music channel by meo
- SportseBooks video channel by Papa Lozarou
- Spotify2 by fuzeman
- Str2Utf-8 application channel by dane22
- SRPlay video channel by meo
- SS Plex video channel by mikewhy
Sweflix video plugin by Pip Longrun
- TheMovieClips video channel by razor2611
- Trakt.tv application channel by fuzeman
- TV-Headend NG by realriot
- UR Play video channel by meo
- USTVNow video channel by jwdempsey
- VH1 video channel by shopgirl284
- Viaplay video channel by JeppeTh
- Vice video plugin by meo
- VKontakte video channel by kolsys
- Wareztuga by galrito
- Webisodes video channel by shopgirl284
- xHamster adult video channel by flow
- xiami channel by hojel
- XBMCnfoMovieImporter metadata agent by Guillaume Boudreau
- XBMCnfoTVImporter metadata agent by Guillaume Boudreau
- xkcd picture channel by Sengian
- XNXX adult video channel by flow
- YouJizz adult video channel by flow
YouP*rn adult video channel by Gerk