1181 replies to this topic

#1 Mikedm139

Mikedm139

Plugin Developer

• Plex Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 12:12 AM

About: This plugin allows users easier access to plugins not available in the Plex Online appstore.

Installation: Simply download and extract the attached plugn.bundle into the plugins folder in the PMS Application Support directory to make the plugin show up in your Plex 'Video Channels' section. See How do I find the Plug-Ins Folder?

• For Mac users this is: ~/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins.
  • For Windows users this is: ~\AppData\Local\Plex Media Server\Plug-ins.
  • For Linux users this will depend on the location of your PMS install but should be something like: ~/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins.
  • Apparently on Ubuntu 12.04, it's /var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins/

Note for Linux users: It is important that the UnSupportedAppstore.bundle be owned by the proper user:group and have the proper permissions. I think that most linux installations of PMS use "plex" as the user and the group. 755 for permissions seems to be a reasonable choice. If in doubt, look at what the Framework.bundle and System.bundle use since they are part of the PMS installation. I am far from a linux guru so take this advice for what it's worth.

Usage is pretty self-explanatory.
After installing the Unsupported Appstore as directed above, it will appear in the list of channels on your Plex client app of choice. Do not look for the Unsupported Appstore (or any of it's contents) in the Channel Directory. They are completely separate.
Using pretty much any Plex client, you should be able to use the Unsupported Appstore channel to browse the list of available unsupported channels and agents. Clicking on any one of them will offer you the option to install. The installed channels will then be available via the appropriate (video/music/photo channels, etc) section of your Plex client. The U-Appstore will keep track of when updates become available for any plugins that you install and will offer you the option to install the update(s) or download and install them automatically in the background.
The U-Appstore is now capable of self-updating automatically. It will check daily for updates, then download and install any that are available for installed channels.

Troubleshooting:
If you're having trouble with individual plugins installed through this plugin, please contact the plugin author through the appropriate channels, usually a post in the applicable forum thread.

If you're having troubles with the UnSupported AppStore plugin itself, please post as much detail as possible in this thread for trouble shooting purposes.
Please post a detailed description of the issue and a zip file containing the Unsupported Appstore log (com.plexapp.plugins.unsupportedappstore.log).
The log will contain a version "number" which can be compared to the source repository to ensure everything is up to date.

DEBUG (__init__:432) - UnSupported Appstore version: XXXXXXXXXX

For instructions on where to find logs for your platform, read here.

Download: Plugin.bundle.zip Please Note. This link will take you to an adfly page. Feel free to ignore the ad that pops up. In order to download the channel, you'll need to wait (about 5 seconds) for the "Skip Ad" button to pop up in the upper-right hand corner of the window. Click the "Skip Ad" button and the download will begin.

If you prefer, feel free to download the channel directly from GitHub using the link below. Note, if you use the GiHub link, make sure to know "How do I manually install a channel?"
For Plugin Developers interested in adding your plugin to the project, check out the github repo. The U-appstore now (as of March 10, 2012) supports tracking download counts for the contained plugins. If you're interested in finding out how many times your plugin(s) have been downloaded, send me a PM or post in this thread.

--UPDATE Nov 16, 2013--
I have decided to abandon development of the little-used "Applications". Once the new desktop client ("Plex Home Theater") exits PlexPass beta testing and is released publicly. I will no longer update the "applications" branch of the Unsupported Appstore. The work involved in maintaining two active branches has become too much of a chore to bother with, considering that well over 90% of the UAS installs are of the "master" branch. As such, I am removing the download link for the "applications" branch.

List of Current Channels - Last updated Apr. 19, 2014

Note: These links are to the support threads for their respective plugins. Please use these to find the appropriate thread to post in for issues with specific channels.

Edited by Mikedm139, 20 April 2014 - 04:07 AM.
Update list of channels

If you are having trouble with one or more channels, check here first.
If you are asked to provide logs, which you will be if you are having plugin problems, the help center has details on where to find them.
***************************************************************************************************************************************
Check out unofficial channels in the
UnSupported AppStore
Follow my efforts on Github and Twitter
Donate

#2 Capybara

Capybara

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 03:04 PM

Awesome idea!

#3 plex_from_down_under

plex_from_down_under

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 04:21 PM

Hi, what directory should I extract it to?

Thanks,

#4 Mikedm139

Mikedm139

Plugin Developer

• Plex Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 05:16 PM

Hi, what directory should I extract it to?

Thanks,

If you're running PMS on a Mac, the .bundle file needs to be in ~/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins/
I'm not sure of the path if your running PMS on Windows.

If you are asked to provide logs, which you will be if you are having plugin problems, the help center has details on where to find them.
***************************************************************************************************************************************
UnSupported AppStore
Donate

#5 Capybara

Capybara

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 05:50 PM

Got it installed. I already have all the plugins in the store though. Hopefully other developers will take you up on your offer. Great work!

#6 dirRtyjoe

dirRtyjoe

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 05:50 AM

Nice work Mike! Love it!
Kyler W

#7 pooploser

pooploser

Plex Ninja

• Plex Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 07:19 AM

how do we add apps to that store? i don't have a git account and i don't really wanna go thru the fuss of making one right now.
Alaska skin for Plex 0.9.5+ Laika
Alaska/Dark skin for Plex 0.9.5+ Laika
My flickr account

#8 Mikedm139

Mikedm139

Plugin Developer

• Plex Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 01:20 PM

how do we add apps to that store? i don't have a git account and i don't really wanna go thru the fuss of making one right now.

The AppStore uses git to fetch plugins and updates from Github. So, presently, the only way to get a plugin into the store is to host it on github. Fortunately, setting up an account is neither difficult nor time-consuming. It's also free.

UnSupported AppStore
Donate

#9 pooploser

pooploser

Plex Ninja

• Plex Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 05:09 PM

which apps are available on there already?
Alaska skin for Plex 0.9.5+ Laika
Alaska/Dark skin for Plex 0.9.5+ Laika
My flickr account

#10 Mikedm139

Mikedm139

Plugin Developer

• Plex Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 05:30 PM

It currently has:
- SABnzbd+
- SickBeard
- CouchPotato
- Library Updater

UnSupported AppStore
Donate

#11 Mikedm139

Mikedm139

Plugin Developer

• Plex Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 02:21 AM

Update:
The requirement for git has been removed. The plugin still downloads plugins from github but without requiring git. If you have already installed the Appstore, all you need to do is update from within the store. Otherwise, new users can just download the zip file from the first post.

UnSupported AppStore
Donate

#12 David S

David S

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 02:52 AM

Update:
The requirement for git has been removed. The plugin still downloads plugins from github but without requiring git. If you have already installed the Appstore, all you need to do is update from within the store. Otherwise, new users can just download the zip file from the first post.

You are the shiz'nizzle my fizzle *heart your work*

Server: RSV-L4500 Rack Mounted Chassis / 4TBx15 Internal / i7 3.9GHz / 16GB RAM / Win 8.1 Pro

Local Clients: Roku 3 x2  /  MacBook Pro / Sony NSZ-GT1 / Chromecast / Apple TV x4 / Custom PC x2 / Amazon Fire TV

Main Interface:  LG 60" 60PK540 Plasma TV / Onkyo TX-NR727 7.2 AVR / Polk TSi Speakers / Harmony Hub

Mobile Clients: Moto X / iPhone 4s / Nexus 7 / iPad / Kindle Fire HD / Dell Venue Pro 

Network:  250Mb Symmetrical Fiber

#13 Mikedm139

Mikedm139

Plugin Developer

• Plex Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 09:12 PM

New version with fixes for stuff that broke when removing the requirement for git. Existing users will have to manually download and install the new version. Sorry.

UnSupported AppStore
Donate

#14 dirRtyjoe

dirRtyjoe

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 04:38 PM

This rocks my socks. Perfect addition. Now manual updates are few and far between.

Question: When updating it says to restart PMS, is this always required? If it is, I might look into writing a script (plugin?) to do it for me so I can manage my plugins easily from my iOS devices!
Kyler W

#15 Mikedm139

Mikedm139

Plugin Developer

• Plex Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 05:30 PM

I don' t think that a PMS restart is always required. I just put that reminder there as a suggestion to avoid troubles. I haven't had any problems to speak of in terms of installing/updating/uninstalling plugins without restarting PMS. I have noticed that if you run updates from iOS, Plex iOS will lose it's connection to the server after a few seconds. I haven't had any trouble reconnecting, and the updates seem to finish as they are supposed to.

UnSupported AppStore
Donate

#16 Mikedm139

Mikedm139

Plugin Developer

• Plex Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 05:45 PM

Recent Additions:
  • Facebook
  • 4Tube
  • YouJizz
  • XNXX

UnSupported AppStore
Donate

#17 peteF

peteF

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 06:45 PM

This awesome! Thanks.

#18 yydoctt

yydoctt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 02:50 AM

Has anyone else tried this with Windows?
I get - "No Items to Display - The directory appears to be empty"
Perhaps I'm doing something wrong..

There are two bundles in the folder, one at the root of the archive and one in _macosx. I tried both but only the root works as far as that error.. Any thoughts?

Thanks

#19 Mikedm139

Mikedm139

Plugin Developer

• Plex Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 03:49 AM

I haven't got things set up for Windows at this point. The helper scripts that the plugin relies on are unix scripts and I still need to figure out how to convert them to a windows equivalent and still have the plugin recognize them. Stay tuned. Windows support is on the todo list.

UnSupported AppStore
Donate

#20 yydoctt

yydoctt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 04:25 AM

I haven't got things set up for Windows at this point. The helper scripts that the plugin relies on are unix scripts and I still need to figure out how to convert them to a windows equivalent and still have the plugin recognize them. Stay tuned. Windows support is on the todo list.

Ahhh okay, no worries, I'll keep checking back. Thanks for your work!

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users