6 replies to this topic

#1 CapnAmerica

CapnAmerica

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 02:54 PM

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is any functional Windows client for PLEX that can be installed and used on an in-home alternative PC? I would like to stream from my PMS to another Television in the house. Anyone got any recommendations or setup advice etc?

Thanks

#2 darrin

darrin

Plex Dev Team

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2062 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 04:18 PM

CapnAmerica -

Sorry no there's not yet a Client for Windows...

BUT it sounds like you're talking about setting it up against a TV... so here are some options for you:

1. If you're the patient type you could get LG's Smart TV Upgrader - BUT it won't have Plex until potentially as late as Q3 of this year.
2. If you're impatient and not afraid of small challenges take a look at this to make your ATV2 into a Plex Client: http://forums.plexap...ple-tv-2nd-gen/

As for ATV2 Client as of this writing 0.7.1 is available and I understand it to be pretty good!

Enjoy,
-Darrin
Please visit the Android FAQ for network troubleshooting tips and if you're not sure how to Capture a Logcat and Caputre a Plex Media Server.log. To ensure a prompt reply - please always include a link back to the topic you're writing about!!

Follow me (darrin) on twitter for Android and Google TV related goodness.

Thanks!
-Darrin

#3 Mikedm139

Mikedm139

Plugin Developer

• Plex Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 05:17 PM

You might be interested in this thread. There has been some work done on an unofficial Windows client. I'm not really up-to-date on what stage its at.

If you are having trouble with one or more channels, check here first.
If you are asked to provide logs, which you will be if you are having plugin problems, the help center has details on where to find them.
***************************************************************************************************************************************
Check out unofficial channels in the
UnSupported AppStore
Follow my efforts on Github and Twitter
Donate

#4 hippojay

hippojay

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:00 PM

What, no love for PleXBMC...

Another option is to use XBMC and install the PleXBMC plugin - which allows you to play Plex managed media through XBMC:
Turn XBMC into a Plex Client:
PleXBMC - Play Plex media through XBMC
PleXBMC Helper - Integrate Official/Unoffical Plex remote control apps into PleXBMC
PleXBMC Repository - Install all addons from one place
PleXBMC on the Raspberry Pi

Modded Skins:
QuartzV3/4 for PleXBMC - Integrate PleXBMC into home menus

#5 Mikedm139

Mikedm139

Plugin Developer

• Plex Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:45 PM

What, no love for PleXBMC...

Another option is to use XBMC and install the PleXBMC plugin - which allows you to play Plex managed media through XBMC:

Sorry hippojay. Got much respect for PleXBMC... Slipped my mind (not a user) :unsure:

If you are having trouble with one or more channels, check here first.
If you are asked to provide logs, which you will be if you are having plugin problems, the help center has details on where to find them.
***************************************************************************************************************************************
Check out unofficial channels in the
UnSupported AppStore
Follow my efforts on Github and Twitter
Donate

#6 darrin

darrin

Plex Dev Team

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2062 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:03 AM

Sorry (release day in Plex for Android world had me distracted). No slight intended! That's why it's so great to be on a forum... :)

Please visit the Android FAQ for network troubleshooting tips and if you're not sure how to Capture a Logcat and Caputre a Plex Media Server.log. To ensure a prompt reply - please always include a link back to the topic you're writing about!!

Follow me (darrin) on twitter for Android and Google TV related goodness.

Thanks!
-Darrin

#7 pnewelljr

pnewelljr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 08:30 AM

Is an official client planned?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users