• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Grim107

Grim107

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 08:02 PM

How would I go about adding a channel I found a link to off of the forums? The forum link is http://forums.plexap...eq-cracklecom/. The download link is https://github.com/d...zipball/master.

Thanks

#2 sinless

sinless

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 08:47 PM

How would I go about adding a channel I found a link to off of the forums? The forum link is http://forums.plexap...eq-cracklecom/. The download link is https://github.com/d...zipball/master.

Thanks

The Roku channel store on the box has a list of public channels you can go through and pick from. There are a few with subscription fees, but Crackle is one you just need to select to add without a charge.

#3 Grim107

Grim107

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 08:56 PM

The Roku channel store on the box has a list of public channels you can go through and pick from. There are a few with subscription fees, but Crackle is one you just need to select to add without a charge.

Even though I disabled capability checking, crackle does not appear. I was thinking that crackle wasn't officially supported. Anyway, because I'm running Windows, it may be a while until I can really view any good channels.

#4 Jonny Wray

Jonny Wray

Plex Star

• Castle Keeper
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1325 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 09:13 PM

I think the Roku channels and Plex channels are getting confused here. Sounds like sinless is referring to Roku channels.

To install Plex channels you will i) need to turn off capability checking and ii) browse to the list of channels within the Plex Roku app and select one you wish to install. You'll get a pop up asking to install and if you select it that will happen. Once the popup is gone the channel will be available to watch. Go up one or two levels and into the video channels section.

If you are using windows PMS then flash based channels will not work (yet).

Jonny

#5 cmchester

cmchester

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 03:03 PM

I think the Roku channels and Plex channels are getting confused here. Sounds like sinless is referring to Roku channels.

To install Plex channels you will i) need to turn off capability checking and ii) browse to the list of channels within the Plex Roku app and select one you wish to install. You'll get a pop up asking to install and if you select it that will happen. Once the popup is gone the channel will be available to watch. Go up one or two levels and into the video channels section.

If you are using windows PMS then flash based channels will not work (yet).

Jonny

I am new to all this, I have read a lot of the postings and have become more confused.... Is it possible to view Plex plug ins on my Roku box? What I want to do is access the plug ins such as NBC, Hulu, CBS... things I can watch on Plex on my MacBook but want it on my big TV... Cant watch The Simpsons on Hulu Plus on Roku, but can on Plex thru Hulu on My MacBook. Would this Roku Plex make it possible? I have Plex installed on my Roku, but all I can do is pull movies and stuff off my iTunes and other media off my hard drive..
Please help.

#6 Grim107

Grim107

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 03:18 PM

I am new to all this, I have read a lot of the postings and have become more confused.... Is it possible to view Plex plug ins on my Roku box? What I want to do is access the plug ins such as NBC, Hulu, CBS... things I can watch on Plex on my MacBook but want it on my big TV... Cant watch The Simpsons on Hulu Plus on Roku, but can on Plex thru Hulu on My MacBook. Would this Roku Plex make it possible? I have Plex installed on my Roku, but all I can do is pull movies and stuff off my iTunes and other media off my hard drive..
Please help.

As long as you are using a MacBook, you should be able to view channels on your Roku.

#7 Jonny Wray

Jonny Wray

Plex Star

• Castle Keeper
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1325 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 04:06 PM

In theory, yes, in practice, some appear to be broken but I'll be working on that.

It sounds like you have capability checking enabled still (which is the default). In the settings/preferences for PMS (not Roku) go to advanced and check disable capability checking. That should allow all plugins to be shown. As we go forward and verify the operation of various plugins they will have Roku capability added to them, thus making this last step not needed.

Jonny

Please help.

#8 cmchester

cmchester

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 01:27 AM

In theory, yes, in practice, some appear to be broken but I'll be working on that.

It sounds like you have capability checking enabled still (which is the default). In the settings/preferences for PMS (not Roku) go to advanced and check disable capability checking. That should allow all plugins to be shown. As we go forward and verify the operation of various plugins they will have Roku capability added to them, thus making this last step not needed.

Jonny

Hmmm..... I just changed the setting to what you said to do in the PMS preferences.... I was stoked to see the channels show up, but now when I select something to play, it just resets. I mean it starts to download and just jumps back to the menu screen containing what I just selected.
Any ideas?

#9 Jonny Wray

Jonny Wray

Plex Star

• Castle Keeper
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1325 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 02:42 AM

Which plugin? As I mentioned, some appear to be broken. There's another thread with a long list of working/not working plugins. It's something I need to be working on for the future.

Hmmm..... I just changed the setting to what you said to do in the PMS preferences.... I was stoked to see the channels show up, but now when I select something to play, it just resets. I mean it starts to download and just jumps back to the menu screen containing what I just selected.
Any ideas?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users