• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 07:25 PM

Okay so here is my issues:

1. 3D videos play in media link, with audio, but I can't get any 3d options
2. in DLNA I can play 3d videos and it works, but don't get any audio

What are my options here?

Also, if I have optical out, would the audio then work in DLNA?

#2 Nick - LG Training

Nick - LG Training

Dedicated Member

• LG Employee
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 10:08 PM

1) 3D is currently not supported in Medialink. I don't ahve an ETA.

2) Is it DTS? Not supported with media files. Currently our license doesn't cover decoding DTS in media files.

Stick with DD or PCM when encoding.

It still wouldn't work with optical.

#3 jrichards86

jrichards86

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 10:48 PM

1) 3D is currently not supported in Medialink. I don't ahve an ETA.

2) Is it DTS? Not supported with media files. Currently our license doesn't cover decoding DTS in media files.

Stick with DD or PCM when encoding.

It still wouldn't work with optical.

Any idea if the license for dts will be acquired?

#4 Nick - LG Training

Nick - LG Training

Dedicated Member

• LG Employee
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 12:52 PM

I sure don't. I know R&D is on-board with it. I'm not sure what the hold-up is.

#5 Nick - LG Training

Nick - LG Training

Dedicated Member

• LG Employee
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 04:17 PM

3D medialink support should be released next week. The current beta firmware has it. As long as there are no problems found in the beta, they will release it in a few days.

#6 cjbottaro

cjbottaro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 04:26 PM

3D medialink support should be released next week. The current beta firmware has it. As long as there are no problems found in the beta, they will release it in a few days.

Sorry to hijack, but will the software update address all these other issues (not being able to select audio/subtitle tracks in Medialink)? I can provide sample video if needed. The sample video works perfectly in Plex for OSX, i.e. I can select audio and subtitle tracks as expected.

#7 Nick - LG Training

Nick - LG Training

Dedicated Member

• LG Employee
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 04:32 PM

Yes, please provide a sample video. I can PM an ftp addy if you don't have a place to upload it.

#8 RockStar

RockStar

Plex Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1768 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 07:05 PM

wooooohooooo! great news amigo! thanks for the heads up! the lack of it was holding me back but now im running out of excuses not to buy a new set!
Dear Lord. If we give you Lady Gaga and Nicki Minaj, would you consider sending us back Dimebag Darrell?

#9 jrichards86

jrichards86

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 07:44 PM

wooooohooooo! great news amigo! thanks for the heads up! the lack of it was holding me back but now im running out of excuses not to buy a new set!

This is great, great news. If you need a beta tester in Canada for anything at all. Let me know. I want my tv to be the king!

Thanks!

#10 Nick - LG Training

Nick - LG Training

Dedicated Member

• LG Employee
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 07:59 PM

I can tell you how to download betas if you have an LG service remote.

There's a setting you change in the service menu. But it's not worth buying a remote just for that. If you know a TV tech, they probably have one you can borrow. There used to be a way to get to it with the user remote, but they removed that this year.

#11 jrichards86

jrichards86

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 08:15 PM

I can tell you how to download betas if you have an LG service remote.

There's a setting you change in the service menu. But it's not worth buying a remote just for that. If you know a TV tech, they probably have one you can borrow. There used to be a way to get to it with the user remote, but they removed that this year.

LG could always send me one, I'm also a flash, as3 developer, I was going to look into what kind of apps can actually run on this.

#12 jrichards86

jrichards86

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 08:16 PM

Is there anywhere I can vote, or do something to push for DTS. My entire collection is DTS and its quite a let down that it isn't supported.

#13 Birdie3

Birdie3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 12:55 PM

Hey Nick is the 3d for media link update done via lg software/firmware update of plex update? also any news on exact date of update availability? Thanks man.

#14 krazzer

krazzer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 08:47 PM

This is so very awesome :)

#15 Nick - LG Training

Nick - LG Training

Dedicated Member

• LG Employee
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 02:38 PM

Hey Nick is the 3d for media link update done via lg software/firmware update of plex update? also any news on exact date of update availability? Thanks man.

The update is for the TV. I didn't have to update my PMS.

They is no release date on this update. It will be released when they it passes all of tests and approvals.

It will automatically pop-up when it's available. But, there's a manual search in the support menu.

#16 Nicofieu

Nicofieu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 08:56 AM

Hi

any news on the DTS support ?

I mean, I'm really willing to buy an LG TV with Media Link for my bedroom but ALL my movie files are in DTS audio because of my surround sound installation and no DTS support on the Media Link, well it's useless for me...

Thank you

#17 Luis Miyar

Luis Miyar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 07:31 PM

I have a logitech harmony with the service code. Is there any beta that enables DTS?

#18 wilsonlam97

wilsonlam97

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 04:27 AM

I have a logitech harmony with the service code. Is there any beta that enables DTS?

Nick said in another post that DTS is enabled in the latest beta. Its being released as a stable build on Sept.9 worldwide I believe.

#19 Nick - LG Training

Nick - LG Training

Dedicated Member

• LG Employee
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 08:23 PM

Hi

any news on the DTS support ?

I mean, I'm really willing to buy an LG TV with Media Link for my bedroom but ALL my movie files are in DTS audio because of my surround sound installation and no DTS support on the Media Link, well it's useless for me...

Thank you

DTS is being added to the st600 and blu-ray players starting soon. I was told, only next year's TVs would have it.

#20 dimitris74

dimitris74

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:18 PM

DTS is being added to the st600 and blu-ray players starting soon. I was told, only next year's TVs would have it.

nick

told them that will not have any customers for the LG 2012 series.
last year the say that 2011 series will get dts support.
this year they say the same about 2012 series
wont get fooled again

is it so hard to release a firmware with dts passthrough via optical or hdmi? my 4 year old popcornhour a100 does it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users