• Please log in to reply
2208 replies to this topic

#2201 hipnetic

hipnetic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 08:35 PM

So I'd like to install the latest and greatest versions (of XBMC and PleXBMC) and had a couple of questions to get started...

1) Is this the best thread to follow for the latest goings-on with this plug-in, or has a separate thread been started up?  And what about on the XBMC forums?  Is there a new thread there, or still just the old thread?

2) Is Gotham OK to use or is it recommended that we stick with Frodo for now?

#2202 Bubba_Nosferatu

Bubba_Nosferatu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:49 AM

I'm using Gotham, after disabling MediaCodec, it's VERY VERY fast.

Check this page for xbmc versions

http://wiki.xbmc.org...=Amazon_Fire_TV

#2203 magnesium

magnesium

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 07:27 AM

So I'd like to install the latest and greatest versions (of XBMC and PleXBMC) and had a couple of questions to get started...

1) Is this the best thread to follow for the latest goings-on with this plug-in, or has a separate thread been started up?  And what about on the XBMC forums?  Is there a new thread there, or still just the old thread?

2) Is Gotham OK to use or is it recommended that we stick with Frodo for now?

Hi hipnetic,

At the moment this is the best thread for following this plugin, but this will be changing within the next day or two as wickning1 and I take over maintaining the plugin. Keep an eye on this thread until then.

Gotham is perfectly compatible...in fact that's (essentially) what I'm running and I have no problems.

#2204 CrystalGipsy

CrystalGipsy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:20 PM

Darn it, just went and updated to latest openelec beta for Gotham and my Plexbmc helper has now started to fail and I cant cast anymore. Whats the latest current version of the helper? And can I get a link to it/them please.

#2205 DFergATL

DFergATL

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:47 PM

New to this plugin on XBMC.  I have the latest installed 3.4.5.  After installing it, I am using the Arora skin - FYI, I clicked on the plugin and got "Could not connect to remote server"  I go into Add-On Settings and have tried the auto discovery and manually entering ipaddress/port.  But I still can't connect.  I downloaded the Plex Home Theater, just to test, and they can find the server just fine.  I have even turned off the firewall, temporally, on the plex server but still can't get plexbmc to connect.

#2206 kaiguy

kaiguy

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:49 PM

I am also getting a script error with the Amber version of PleXBMC.

ESXi 5.5 virtualized server (Win 7 Pro guest serving latest PlexPass PMS, unRAID 5 guest serving media)

Mac Mini 2.26 GHz primary client with Plex/HT - Sony NSZ-GS7 - 2x Vizio Co-Star - Roku2 XS - Chromecast - assorted iOS

#2207 gonecrazy25

gonecrazy25

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:46 AM

I'm getting the same error now with the newest openelec (3.95.5) which is XBMC Gotham beta 4.  I'm getting an error on both the helper at the lattest version downloaded of git 3.1.4 with the April 9th commits and plexbmc 3.4.5.  Both the helper and plexbmc with those versions work fine on openelec 3.95.2 which has XBMC Gotham beta 2 in it.

With the new beta I'm seeing the following problem with the helper script even with the web server enabled:

22:44:50 T:140307746535168  NOTICE: ## OpenELEC Addon ## 0.3.14
22:44:50 T:140307738142464   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
                                            Error Contents: invalid literal for int() with base 10: '<webserverport default="true">80'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.plexbmc.helper-master/default.py", line 47, in <module>
                                                from settings import settings
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.plexbmc.helper-master/resources/lib/settings.py", line 33, in <module>
                                                settings['port'] = int(getGUI('webserverport'))
                                            ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: '<webserverport default="true">80'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

And the following error with Plexbmc

22:45:10 T:140306422970112  NOTICE: PleXBMC -> Running with cElementTree on Python 2.5+
22:45:10 T:140306422970112  NOTICE: ===== PLEXBMC START =====
22:45:10 T:140306422970112  NOTICE: PleXBMC -> Running Python: sys.version_info(major=2, minor=7, micro=3, releaselevel='final', serial=0)
22:45:10 T:140306422970112  NOTICE: PleXBMC -> Running PleXBMC: 3.4.5
22:45:10 T:140306422970112  NOTICE: PleXBMC -> FullRes Thumbs are se to: false
22:45:10 T:140306422970112  NOTICE: PleXBMC -> CWD is set to: /storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.plexbmc-amber
22:45:10 T:140306422970112  NOTICE: PleXBMC -> Platform: Linux/RPi
22:45:10 T:140306422970112  NOTICE: PleXBMC -> Debug is turned off.  Running silent
22:45:10 T:140306422970112  NOTICE: PleXBMC -> Detected parameters: {}
22:45:12 T:140306422970112   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.plexbmc-amber/default.py", line 5221, in <module>
                                                amberskin()
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.plexbmc-amber/default.py", line 3980, in amberskin
                                                server_address = getMasterServer()['address']
                                            TypeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

I didn't get full debug for plexbmc I forgot before I rolled back to 3.4.1 which does work on the new openelec if you don't sign in to myplex.  So hoping you guys get some free time to look at it, in the mean time i might just roll back my whole openelec install.  Thanx for all of your hard work, I love being able to use plexbmc and be signed in.

#2208 magnesium

magnesium

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:03 AM

MIGRATING TO NEW THREAD

Everyone,

Since wickning1 and I are starting to take care of the PleXBMC plugins, I've created a new thread to start fresh. We will also be able to keep the initial post up to date with the most recent information about the plugins.

Please continue conversations over at https://forums.plex....x-media-server/ . I won't be checking here for new posts anymore.

#2209 magnesium

magnesium

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:16 AM

gonecrazy, enable "Allow Control of XBMC via HTTP" and see if that solves your problem

3 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users