• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 InfoMofo

InfoMofo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:57 PM

I have a few files in my library where a tv show's individual episode is split into multiple files on my hard drive.

For example, for the tv series "The Lost Room", the tvdb records the episodes as they aired on tv, so for example they call the first episode "S01E01- The Key and The Clock".

However, the dvd actually represents this as two episodes, "The Key" and "The Clock" (This is how the creator intended them, but the network had decided to air it as 3 2 hour episodes rather than 6 1 hour episodes.

I have tried naming it S01E01.Part1 and S01E01.Part2, but the scraper is not recognizing these. I could merge them using a separate video editing software, but I was hoping there might be a cleaner solution?

#2 JoToFoSho

JoToFoSho

Plex Star

• Plex Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2882 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:41 PM

In my opinion, merging them would be a cleaner solution. :P But you could try Pt1 and Pt2 and remove the period maybe? Try this filename:
The Lost Room S01E01 Pt1.ext (avi/mkv/mp4)
~John T.

New here? Read the wiki and watch the screencast! You'll save yourself a lot of time and frustration! :) If that didn't help, posting log files can help us track down your issue.

#3 Chris C

Chris C

Plex Employee

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8569 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:51 PM

Check this previous post where I did some quick testing of "stacking" content for TV episodes.

Need help? Having trouble?
» Visit our Support Site for documentation, guides, and more - including the Getting Started section!
» Provide Log Files when reporting issues // Name and Organize your content correctly for best results

(please, no private messages unless requested)

#4 InfoMofo

InfoMofo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 04:22 AM

Check this previous post where I did some quick testing of "stacking" content for TV episodes.

Umm, that kinda works. I named the files:

"The Lost Room.S01E01 Part1.The Key.avi"
"The Lost Room.S01E01 Part1.The Clock.avi"

And now it shows up in my library as one episode "The Key and the Clock", and when I click it I get prompted with if I want to select:
"480"
"480"

so, I can't tell which part is which, but so far it does seem to always be putting part1 as the first one...

#5 Chris C

Chris C

Plex Employee

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8569 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 06:19 AM

You're saying they're the same part (Part1 and Part1), so Plex is "merging" the files. That's why you get the prompt to select the version. Instead, use Part1 and Part2. Then Plex will "stack" the files, treat it as a single episode, and play the two files back to back.

Need help? Having trouble?
» Visit our Support Site for documentation, guides, and more - including the Getting Started section!
» Provide Log Files when reporting issues // Name and Organize your content correctly for best results

(please, no private messages unless requested)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users