• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Explosive

Explosive

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 09:48 AM

I was wondering if someone could help me with the following question.

Last week I bought a ReadyNAS Ultra 4 and over the weekend I migrated my Plex library from my Mac mini to the NAS (running the Plex Server).
On my Mac mini I had some nice (Dutch) agents installed, like 'Moviemeter' and 'Bierdopje'.

Now my question:

Is it possible to install these agents on my new server, running on the ReadyNAS?
If so, how can it be done?

#2 boots2x

boots2x

IP Challenged Ninja

• Plex Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 10:41 AM

You can grab the .bundle files from here https://github.com/plexinc-agents then drop them into the Plug-ins folder on the ReadyNAS. Here's a post that tells you how to access the .plex directory on the ReadyNAS...

Be aware that there are some limitations around LinuxPMS plug-ins. Flash based plug-ins don't work - there may be other issues I'm unaware of too.

James

These resources are your friends! The Plex Help Center | The Plex Forums | Forum Search is DEFINITELY your friend!

Check the Plex Media Preparation Guide! | Learn how to collect Log filesGet MediaInfo to analyse video files

Plex Media Server: Mac OS X and ReadyNAS Pro 6 | Plex Clients: Mac Mini 2010 2.66Ghz, 2Gb RAM, AppleTV Gen 2, iPhone 3GS | LG 56" DLP-TV | Sherwood AV Amp | Storage: ReadyNAS Pro 6 with 6 x 2Gb Hitachi HDD for 8Tb storage | Network: Cat 6 cabled, 1000BaseT

#3 Explosive

Explosive

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 10:54 AM

Thanks for your quick reply James.

I will try it as soon as I get home tonight!

#4 Arvid S

Arvid S

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 04:40 PM

Tried to add a metadata agent this way but it doesn't work. no sign in the logs about the agent.

works good on my Mac, why is it not working on the readynas?

#5 boots2x

boots2x

IP Challenged Ninja

• Plex Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 11:41 PM

Tried to add a metadata agent this way but it doesn't work. no sign in the logs about the agent.

works good on my Mac, why is it not working on the readynas?

Which plug-in did you add? Did you re-start the PMS service from Frontview > Addons?

Realise that Plug-ins need to be installed locally on a Plex for Mac client. Add them to the PMS if you're using iOS/Android.

James

These resources are your friends! The Plex Help Center | The Plex Forums | Forum Search is DEFINITELY your friend!

Check the Plex Media Preparation Guide! | Learn how to collect Log filesGet MediaInfo to analyse video files

Plex Media Server: Mac OS X and ReadyNAS Pro 6 | Plex Clients: Mac Mini 2010 2.66Ghz, 2Gb RAM, AppleTV Gen 2, iPhone 3GS | LG 56" DLP-TV | Sherwood AV Amp | Storage: ReadyNAS Pro 6 with 6 x 2Gb Hitachi HDD for 8Tb storage | Network: Cat 6 cabled, 1000BaseT

#6 Arvid S

Arvid S

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 05:13 PM

Which plug-in did you add? Did you re-start the PMS service from Frontview > Addons?

Realise that Plug-ins need to be installed locally on a Plex for Mac client. Add them to the PMS if you're using iOS/Android.

James

It was a metadata agent i've created myself.

yes i did restart the server from frontview -> addons

#7 boots2x

boots2x

IP Challenged Ninja

• Plex Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 04:03 AM

It was a metadata agent i've created myself.

yes i did restart the server from frontview -> addons

Have you confirmed it's operation with a MacOS/Windows PMS? If you can, do that. If it's confirmed working, could I get access to the Agent to check it out?

James

#8 Arvid S

Arvid S

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 10:31 AM

Have you confirmed it's operation with a MacOS/Windows PMS? If you can, do that. If it's confirmed working, could I get access to the Agent to check it out?

James

Yes, i've tried it on two different MacOS PMS servers, working great on both.

you can download the bundle on http://www.arvid.nu/...pset.bundle.zip

I've also tried installing the Moviepilot bundle on the readynas but didn't get it to work either. No mention of it in the log files.

#9 boots2x

boots2x

IP Challenged Ninja

• Plex Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 10:27 PM

Hmm... worked for me without any special stuff... I didn't have time to set it scanning though. Did you get this far? If you did, can you please give me a sample show filename to test with?

James

Attached Files

#10 Arvid S

Arvid S

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 08:42 AM

Nope didn't get that far.

I can't get the bundle to get picked up by the system. i put it in /c/.plex/Resources/Plug-Ins/ where the other plugins are located. Restart plex from frontview but i get no mention of it in the log files and i can't see it on the web interface.

Hmm... worked for me without any special stuff... I didn't have time to set it scanning though. Did you get this far? If you did, can you please give me a sample show filename to test with?

James

#11 boots2x

boots2x

IP Challenged Ninja

• Plex Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 08:58 AM

Ah! The correct location is:

/.plex/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins

I think that'll have you going!

James

#12 Arvid S

Arvid S

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 09:31 AM

Ah! The correct location is:

/.plex/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins

I think that'll have you going!

James

I knew there was something easy i missed. now it's working =)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users