• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Dario D.

Dario D.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 09:58 AM

On Win7 64bit, I can't add any Library Sections. In the add dialog, the "Add Section" button doesn't do anything (not even close the dialog). I tried launching the manager page in Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer (all latest).
I was able to add ONE Library Section after the first install, but deleted it, because it wasn't showing later folders that I added.

So, basically, not much is working. I've tried reinstalling several times, to different locations, with no effect.
(btw, devs, might want to make the Windows installer automatically launch the server after install, and maybe pop up a box, or something, telling computer newbies where they're supposed to look for the server icon.)

#2 DirtDiver

DirtDiver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 10:48 AM

Exact same problem here too. I too am on win7 64bit.

#3 elan

elan

Sheriff of Plexville

• Sheriff Of Plexville
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7412 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 10:52 AM

If you can't add a section, that's probably because the agent/scanner selections are blank.

If there are blank, there are two possibilities:

1) You got caught in a bad update cycle, and need to delete Framework.bundle and System.bundle from AppData/Local/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins

2) You have some sort of conflict with an installed Python, in which case we might learn more by checking AppData/Local/Plex Media Server/Logs/PMS Plugin Logs/com.plexapp.system.log

Hope that helps!

Instagram: @elan
The Plex blog.
The wife's photography site.
The brother's photography blog.
The dog's twitter feed.

#4 DirtDiver

DirtDiver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 11:08 AM

If you can't add a section, that's probably because the agent/scanner selections are blank.

If there are blank, there are two possibilities:

1) You got caught in a bad update cycle, and need to delete Framework.bundle and System.bundle from AppData/Local/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins

2) You have some sort of conflict with an installed Python, in which case we might learn more by checking AppData/Local/Plex Media Server/Logs/PMS Plugin Logs/com.plexapp.system.log

Hope that helps!

Yes, it works now. First, I uninstalled plex and then deleted the contents of Plug-ins, Logs folders. Upon reinstallation,it works.

#5 Dario D.

Dario D.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 05:37 AM

Thanks. Works now, trying what DirtDriver did.

#6 Dario D.

Dario D.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 07:32 AM

Okay, so, can't connect via iOS. I forwarded port 32400 to my computer (both UDP and TCP, via Linksys router), but no access. Plex on iOS can see the server, but says, "Couldn't connect to server (etc)..."

#7 omkar

omkar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:06 PM

Update: Creating a thread in the Linux forum for the similar problem I'm having

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users