310 replies to this topic

#141 Eonz

Eonz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:06 PM

Bug

This or similar bug seems to be listed as fixed, but minutes ago I checked both my TV (Model/Type 32LV5500-TA, software 04.03.10) and PMS (0.9.5.2) is at the latest version and a "Memory/buffer Error" still occurs.

I get it often with a 1920 x 1040 @ 23.976 fps file, H264 - MPEG-4 AVC (part 10) (avc1), two audio channels with DTS Audio (dts). I pasted that codec information in the format that VLC provides under Media Information / Codec Details. Consistent with another (still open) bug, the incorrect non-English audio stream plays if it does work.

It sometimes plays beautifully and sometimes the TV gets stuck on the initial throbber for about a minute until it apparently resets. I can get the error (I wait until TV seems to reset) and then get it to work in sequence without restarting the server. It seems purely random chance.

My server runs on a mid 2010 Mac mini with 4GB of RAM, connected wirelessly to a 300Mbps router. TV wired to router.

Feature Requests

1) There is a subtitle button on the remote, let it cycle between available subtitles (embedded and/or .srt) and "no subtitles"

2) Upon powering up, instead of the TV defaulting to some "no input" mode, because I have no physical inputs connected, go to the (more elegant) home screen
  • amlucent likes this

#142 Nick - LG Training

Nick - LG Training

Dedicated Member

• LG Employee
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:01 PM

Skip should work on both of them. I just tried it with the same setup and it worked. I couldn't get ff/rew to work on either file...but media link doesn't officially support this. When the file will not skip, it means Media Link can't see the full index. Someone over in the regular forums may have posted more info about this.

#143 Burnski

Burnski

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:40 AM

Skip should work on both of them. I just tried it with the same setup and it worked. I couldn't get ff/rew to work on either file...but media link doesn't officially support this. When the file will not skip, it means Media Link can't see the full index. Someone over in the regular forums may have posted more info about this.

OK this is weird. When I tested making an MKV I only did one chapter of a video and it allowed me to ffwd in a 3sec increment, but by using the over arrow which usually does chapter skip.

when I make an MKV with chapters it can no longer ffwd it just skips chapters instead. weird.

is there a format that supports both ffwd as well as chapter skip? I think until something gets written im going to merge the chapters so that there is essentially just 1 chapter and I can ffwd.

#144 chichiandy@paradise.net.nz

chichiandy@paradise.net.nz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:14 PM

I find the MediaLink app on my LG LW5600 absolutely horrible and would like to get rid of it...

Would like if i could download a PLEX client app on the TV to interact with my PLEX Media Server on my PC.

PLEX is such a nice GUI, love it.

Media link... um yeah well i hope that guy didn't get paid much to develop it cause it is ugly as hell and hard to work...

Please develop a PLEX client app for LG TV's to replace MediaLink...

That's my 2 cents... :)

I would happily pay to add the PLEX Client app to my LG TV as long as it was the same as the PLEX app for the iPAD and PC. it is such a nice app to use. i paid $6.99USD for my iPAD PLEX App from the AppStore.

Posted Image

Thank you...
  • anDre3000 likes this

#145 drbenru

drbenru

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:26 AM

Please add support for UTF-8 subtitles.
When streaming a subtitle the only codepage options are korean and default.
UTF-8 support would benefit just about any language encoding instead of having to add the corresponding codepages for each region, besides I believe that all MKV srt subs are UTF-8.
All my subtitles are UTF-8. Most times I use english subtitles it helps us understand better the dialog when watching with lower volume
(kids sleeping, must not rock the house with explosions), but when watching something with my mother in-law we use Czech subs.
Native czech codepage is win-1250 for central european languages, but UTF-8 would be much better.

Also I'm not sure if subtitle selection is working properly on the TV I know the TV ignores audio track selection which is a real PITA I had to redo some of my MKVs b/c I ripped them from
DVDs we bought in the czech republic and the TV sometimes defaults to the slovak audio track ignoring my Plex preferences.

#146 rarev

rarev

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 02:52 PM

I would like to see the same representation of music files as video. Showing album art and not a list. The DLNA feature of LG is better.

#147 chemazz

chemazz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 01:45 PM

Hi,

Do you know if newer versions will have support for Justin.TV or Veetle plugin? In my LV5500 don't function.

Regards.

#148 Eonz

Eonz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:26 PM

Feature request: Wake On LAN

Please implement the magic packet that can "Wake On LAN" a Mac.

In other words, it would be awesome if my TV could wake up my Mac running the media server. It would save lots of energy if I can re-enable sleep on my media server Mac instead of leaving it on all the time.

#149 krazzix

krazzix

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:20 PM

Feature request: Wake On LAN

Please implement the magic packet that can "Wake On LAN" a Mac.

In other words, it would be awesome if my TV could wake up my Mac running the media server. It would save lots of energy if I can re-enable sleep on my media server Mac instead of leaving it on all the time.

this. would be very nice.

Another feature request: put the subtitles in 3D movies more to the front (z-axis) sometimes my eyes get hurt because of this.

#150 integral

integral

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:08 AM

Hey Nick, you stopped responding in my thread. A bunch of us are having this buffering issue, it is not the network, as my laptop with plex streams fine via wifi. The tv struggles with every 720p mkv i throw at it, between 5 and 10 minutes of play then buffering starts and progressively gets worse. WIFI or WIRED. Gigabit network, though I've recently discovered that your tvs aren't gigabit lol. I'm forwarding all these threads to some blogs so they can see whats going on with your products. I encourage others to do the same.

Thanks Nick

Try encoding the audio to AC3. Very easy with the following software:

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/MKV2AC3

#151 hlias

hlias

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 04:06 PM

This is a list of bugs and feature requests.

This is not a discussion thread.

Feel free to post your own, but I may most likely occasionaly prune posts and remove fodder. Some of you may prefer to post in another thread and then let me copy it over here (If you don't like other people editing your posts).

This is for LG TVs with Media Link only

#152 Valentin Dimitrov

Valentin Dimitrov

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:13 AM

Please add an option for selecting ANY language (character code) for subtitles. At the moment the subtitles language option on my TV is limited to 4 languages - English, German, French and Spanish. It shouldn't be a problem to add some more fonts and the code tables to support all possible languages (only for subtitles) as even the pocket media players have this functionality.

I did post another topic in the parent forum - http://forums.plexap...guages-support/ , but no one reply, and there is another post regarding the same issue a few posts above.

#153 Hangas

Hangas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 12:01 PM

Another feature request: put the subtitles in 3D movies more to the front (z-axis) sometimes my eyes get hurt because of this.

Better yet: Make it ajustable! :)

#154 pig

pig

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:18 AM

Hello there!

Well, Nick, you have a long list of bugs/error/requests as I see - and a tiny list of fixes/improvements(?)
So what is the point of this thread? I've read the comments of the last months and all I see here are frustrated LG TV owners. And I am one of them (47LW5590).
Plex is horrible but there is no other choice.
To have the movies and tvshows on the TV, first I have to scan them with Plex media server. I have several folders with media.nfo files - plex cannot scan them, goes always to tvdb - slow as hell.
When trying to get new channels through the TV medialink - buggy and slow as hell.
For LG people: support is almost non-existent, SMART TV is for crying, TV software/browser/plex slow and buggy (we can say: beta): I'm never gonna buy an LG product ever

#155 Hangas

Hangas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:32 PM

When playing an mkv with chapter information directly from USB media, you can navigate through chapters (Red key).
When playing the same file through MediaLink and PMS that feature is gone.

It would be nice to have support for this trough plex, as well as the subtitles inside the mkv.

#156 Marienkind83

Marienkind83

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:46 PM

I have been testing a few different Media Servers and have found them to be useful in their different ways so here is a wish list I think many could agree on for Plex to be an even better Media Server:

1. When adding private videos or music video's to a collection, have it show up on the screen as a grid rather than the current scroll
OR
1. Ability to chose the icon type: Gird, List, Tiles, Icons etc.

2. To set custom cache size.
There is a problem with cache at the moment; when I pause a video it downloads (as indicated in the time bar but a darker shade of blue) but upon playing, that cache is deleted and it has to start again.

3. Include a playlist function for MP3's and Videos (music video's), whether it be having to be created via PC or Plex program

4. Ability to set a custom display size... so that video's are streamed in 720p as an example
At the moment I can stream 1280x720 videos (mkv, avi, mp4, mpeg) quite fine (though some have frequent pauses) but when I try to stream 1920x1080 video's; well there's no point in trying!

5. Allow continuous video playing
That is when one video is finished playing, have Plex automatically start the next video

6. FOR ALL MY WISHES TO COME TRUE

I hope everyone reads this and maybe add their wish for Plex to have.

#157 pig

pig

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:34 PM

Dream on!

I have been testing a few different Media Servers and have found them to be useful in their different ways so here is a wish list I think many could agree on for Plex to be an even better Media Server:

1. When adding private videos or music video's to a collection, have it show up on the screen as a grid rather than the current scroll
OR
1. Ability to chose the icon type: Gird, List, Tiles, Icons etc.

2. To set custom cache size.
There is a problem with cache at the moment; when I pause a video it downloads (as indicated in the time bar but a darker shade of blue) but upon playing, that cache is deleted and it has to start again.

3. Include a playlist function for MP3's and Videos (music video's), whether it be having to be created via PC or Plex program

4. Ability to set a custom display size... so that video's are streamed in 720p as an example
At the moment I can stream 1280x720 videos (mkv, avi, mp4, mpeg) quite fine (though some have frequent pauses) but when I try to stream 1920x1080 video's; well there's no point in trying!

5. Allow continuous video playing
That is when one video is finished playing, have Plex automatically start the next video

6. FOR ALL MY WISHES TO COME TRUE

I hope everyone reads this and maybe add their wish for Plex to have.

• crypton likes this

#158 pig

pig

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:36 PM

Good news! All problems with Plex are solved !
Just connected my laptop through hdmi, installed XBMC, ordered a wireless keyboard. That is how you do it. Forget plex and lg.
  • crypton likes this

#159 crypton

crypton

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:56 PM

I think the biggest problem with Plex is that the resolution and bitrate cannot be selected.
If the connection is made through wireless you cannot see any movie larger than aprox 5 GB.

#160 asenci

asenci

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:27 PM

I've managed to change the audio track playback on Medialink by changing the track number property on the mkv file:

$mkvpropedit <FILENAME> -v --edit track:2 --set flag-default=0 --set track-number=3 --edit track:3 --set flag-default=1 --set track-number=2

Just setting the default flag didn't work.
  • crypton likes this