• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#41 bbj4050

bbj4050

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:10 PM

I have a Vizio M320SL and it finds my Plex server fine but will only play avi files. It see's the other's (mp4) but wont play them. Any Idea's to fix this.

#42 Budwyzer

Budwyzer

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:16 PM

I have a Vizio M320SL and it finds my Plex server fine but will only play avi files. It see's the other's (mp4) but wont play them. Any Idea's to fix this.

Convert everything to AVI :P

#43 justmeee

justmeee

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:39 PM

Yeah, that's one of the problems. Besides being a pretty ugly interface, vizio really can't play any files other than AVI on a fat 32 formatted drive which basically leaves out anyone with a Mac. I'm not about to convert my MKV files over.

It would be nice to see plex and vizio work together.

#44 akettelhut

akettelhut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:10 PM

Yeah, lack of mp4 support is a BIG miss.  Have to rethink the entire setup...

#45 snowBlind623

snowBlind623

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:00 AM

Just found this thread through El Good. Sad day for my newly purchased Vizio E-series. :/ 

I'll guess by the lack of Plex app in the Yahoo store that there still isn't a Plex option for the Vizio?

#46 jimkill

jimkill

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:14 AM

Any luck on creating a Vizio Plex app? I'd love to get this working. I'm UI designer and would love to work on this project if anyone is willing to develop it.

#47 tkeyser

tkeyser

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:27 PM

I would pay to get a plex app for my Vizio M650VSE.  I sent a request to Vizio

#48 bgross70

bgross70

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:28 PM

Count me as another that would like to see the Plex app on Vizio.  The Plex app on my Samsung in the living room is awesome, would love to see it on the Vizio in the game room.

#49 bsdennis

bsdennis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:30 AM

I am ready to purchase a 50 - 55" LED/LCD TV and was leaning toward the Vizio E500i-A0 until I realized that I will not be able to watch the 1000+ movies and 100+ TV series I have stored on my pc.
I am currently running Plex Media Server streaming to Roku boxes that have the Plex client on them on other TVs in the house. It doesn't sound as if there is a great deal of promise on the horizon for a Plex app for Vizio.

The other choice I have is an LG Model #55LS4500 which according to http://www.plexapp.c...iles/index.html I will be able to stream from my existing PMS.
Does this jive with what you are aware of? Any other thoughts?

#50 kenr276

kenr276

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:41 PM

+1 For Vizio VIA App.

#51 tkeyser

tkeyser

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:59 PM

I would pay real money for an app on my Vizio for Plex. 

#52 bgross70

bgross70

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:22 PM

I am ready to purchase a 50 - 55" LED/LCD TV and was leaning toward the Vizio E500i-A0 until I realized that I will not be able to watch the 1000+ movies and 100+ TV series I have stored on my pc.
I am currently running Plex Media Server streaming to Roku boxes that have the Plex client on them on other TVs in the house. It doesn't sound as if there is a great deal of promise on the horizon for a Plex app for Vizio.

The other choice I have is an LG Model #55LS4500 which according to http://www.plexapp.c...iles/index.html I will be able to stream from my existing PMS.
Does this jive with what you are aware of? Any other thoughts?

There is also a native Plex app for Samsung Smart TV's.  I have a Samsung in the family room and love it.  AFAIK, LG TV's also have a native client.

That said, you can stream content from PMS to a Vizio Smart TV, you just have to do it through DLNA (PMS has a built-in DLNA server) and it works ok for the most part.  Only difference is no fancy thumbnails and all the other visual goodness that comes from a native Plex client.

#53 Imnotyourtarget

Imnotyourtarget

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:07 AM

I just found out about plex looking for something to stream movies from the pc to my daughters' roku.. so i am hoping to find out the vizio tv will get a plex app in the yahoo apps

#54 loljoe

loljoe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:23 PM

Found this but don't know what, if anything, can be done with it yet.

https://github.com/c.../vizio-via-plex

#55 cpjolicoeur

cpjolicoeur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:17 PM

Found this but don't know what, if anything, can be done with it yet.

https://github.com/c.../vizio-via-plex

So this is my repository project.  It's not up-to-date as I didnt push the working code.  I got it sideloaded and running on my Vizio Via TV fine.  It was able to read and display my PLEX libraries, but I stopped working on it as I decided to just hook up my old Roku to the TV and use the roku Plex app instead.

So I never pushed any code or got the streaming fully working since I lost interest.  Not sure how many others are looking for something like this still.

#56 CanyonR

CanyonR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:56 AM

So this is my repository project.  It's not up-to-date as I didnt push the working code.  I got it sideloaded and running on my Vizio Via TV fine.  It was able to read and display my PLEX libraries, but I stopped working on it as I decided to just hook up my old Roku to the TV and use the roku Plex app instead.

So I never pushed any code or got the streaming fully working since I lost interest.  Not sure how many others are looking for something like this still.

I for one am super interested in this. Interested enough to donate to it's development, fund a kickstarter, or anything else that will motivate you and others to work on this project. There had been other posts that indicated other developers were thinking about this as well and I hope you all can come together to make this a reality.

I'm not a programmer, but I am a IT guy so if there is any help I could offer I would be happy to, including beta testing and submitting bug reports.

I hope that you get enough feedback to motivate you to develop this and make it available.

#57 Trip13Nipp13

Trip13Nipp13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:29 PM

If anyone on this thread has their code and would be willing to share I would work on it. I stated in another thread that I was looking into it and I have worked on it a little but I could pick up where you left off and hopefully have a functional product by end of the year, depending on my school load.

Primary PMS: i5-2500k, 16GB Ram, 150GB Velociraptor Primary

Secondary PMS: FX-8350 @ 5GHz, 16GB Ram, 2x128GB Samsung 840 Pro Raid0 Primary, 250GB WD Blue for storage (relays remote plex server to local machines)

Media Storage: Sans Digital 8-Bay Raid Enclosure with 8x1TB Samsung 7200 Raid5

Desktop Clients: 7 x Windows 7, 1 x Windows 8, 4 Roku, 1 Apple TV

Mobile Clients: 1 x iPhone 4, 1 x Razr, 1 x Droid 4, 2 x Ipod Touch

Upcoming PMS Xeon X3450, 8GB Ram, 4x4TB drives, 100mbit up and down<br/>

Converted from XBMC

#58 loljoe

loljoe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:17 PM

From the above comments, there is this link: https://github.com/c.../vizio-via-plex

#59 CanyonR

CanyonR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 01:37 PM

From the above comments, there is this link: https://github.com/c.../vizio-via-plex

Yeah, but cpjolicoeur stated above that he didn't push his final code to the github repo. Hopefully he will and that would give you a place to start.

#60 Trip13Nipp13

Trip13Nipp13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:12 PM

Yeah i pulled that code and it looks like plain vizio code that hasnt been modified... if cpjolicoeur could push his code or even pm me his code I could get working on it. I'm still learning the vizio code but if I had somewhere to start that I could see it would greatly increase my productivity.

Primary PMS: i5-2500k, 16GB Ram, 150GB Velociraptor Primary

Secondary PMS: FX-8350 @ 5GHz, 16GB Ram, 2x128GB Samsung 840 Pro Raid0 Primary, 250GB WD Blue for storage (relays remote plex server to local machines)

Media Storage: Sans Digital 8-Bay Raid Enclosure with 8x1TB Samsung 7200 Raid5

Desktop Clients: 7 x Windows 7, 1 x Windows 8, 4 Roku, 1 Apple TV

Mobile Clients: 1 x iPhone 4, 1 x Razr, 1 x Droid 4, 2 x Ipod Touch

Upcoming PMS Xeon X3450, 8GB Ram, 4x4TB drives, 100mbit up and down<br/>

Converted from XBMC

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users