4 replies to this topic

#1 wibblewobble04

wibblewobble04

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 09:58 PM

Hi,

I installed the latest PMS package on my Readynas and in the preferences it says it supports Aperture library Sharing. So I set up a new section for photos and pointed it to /c/media/Pictures where my Aperture Library resides.

After the scan the PMS section contains loads of photos, including al of the versions and the thumbnails, and the PLEX client displays them in a deep nested directory with obscure names. So it looks like PMS is doing a directory scan rather than reading the Aperture library.

Am I doing something wrong? I am a little confused on what the option gives me and the Wiki doesn't really explain it either.

Cheers
Ed

#2 lchichiarelli

lchichiarelli

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:40 AM

Hi,

I installed the latest PMS package on my Readynas and in the preferences it says it supports Aperture library Sharing. So I set up a new section for photos and pointed it to /c/media/Pictures where my Aperture Library resides.

After the scan the PMS section contains loads of photos, including al of the versions and the thumbnails, and the PLEX client displays them in a deep nested directory with obscure names. So it looks like PMS is doing a directory scan rather than reading the Aperture library.

Am I doing something wrong? I am a little confused on what the option gives me and the Wiki doesn't really explain it either.

Cheers
Ed

I've got the same problem with iPhoto Library....

#3 elan

elan

Sheriff of Plexville

• Sheriff Of Plexville
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7412 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 04:31 AM

The iPhoto and Aperture plug-ins are only currently supported on the Mac, and rely on reading the XML files written by those applications.

In the future, we may support reading the files on Linux, as well as iTunes libraries.

Instagram: @elan
The Plex blog.
The wife's photography site.
The brother's photography blog.
The dog's twitter feed.

#4 dashbad

dashbad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:46 AM

The iPhoto and Aperture plug-ins are only currently supported on the Mac, and rely on reading the XML files written by those applications.

In the future, we may support reading the files on Linux, as well as iTunes libraries.

Just bumping this thread as I am interested in this functionality. I have itunes and aperture libraries backed up to the linux machine that is running PMS. It would be great if the PMS could read them.

Any further plans?

#5 MTI

MTI

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:43 AM

elan, would you consider making the iLife code (which I believe resides inside the closed source PMS parts) public and/or transform it (if possible) into a regular plugin?

What I'm after is the ability to manually select the (Aperture/iPhoto/iTunes) libraries to be indexed (pivotal when you have more than one library to juggle around), the ability to index and share multiple libraries, as well as the ability to share the libraries with others via myPlex.

As a photographer, I'm sure you can appreciate the value of these suggestions ;) Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users