542 replies to this topic

#1 sandman4sure

sandman4sure

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 03:42 PM

This is a mod based on reFocus for Plex "Grainy Edition" made by se.bastian and the original reFocus created for XBMC by Jeroen.

For the tvshow logo's to work (see last screenshot), follow these steps:

1. Create a new folder:

~Library/Application Support/Plex/addons/extra.tvshowlogos

2. Download your tvshow logo's from www.fanart.tv and put them in this folder
3. Rename your logo's, so the name is exactly the same as the show is called in Plex
Some have weird characters:
- replace the : with a /
- with shows like 24/7, make a folder called 24 and place a file called 7.png there

reFocus for Plex "Back to Blue" Edition is now on Preen!

You can also get it here:

PLEX/HT (work in progress, let me know how it works for you!)

reFocus for Plex "Back to Blue Edition" (Plex/HT)

Put it in the new Plex Home Theater/addons folder

Laika version:
reFocus for Plex "Back to Blue Edition" (Laika) (do not use with Plex older than Laika, it will not work)

older version:
reFocus for Plex "Back to Blue" Edition (this version will not be updated anymore!)

refocus_6b.jpg

refocus_7.jpg

refocus_8.jpg

refocus_9.jpg

refocus_10.jpg

refocus_11.jpg

refocus_13.jpg

With OnDeck and Recently Added information for selected item (enable setting):
refocus_homescreen_info.jpg

The "Black Edition":
refocus_7_black.jpg

With tvshow logo's:
refocus_tvshowlogo_1.jpg

Edited by sandman4sure, 26 April 2013 - 08:16 PM.

• Jad_23, evansconforti, TonioRoffo and 6 others like this

#2 sandman4sure

sandman4sure

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 08:40 AM

TODO
- unicode (see #55)

ON HOLD
- fix video plugins (see description) (needs Plex fix: also happens with default skin)

DONE
- add missing music and picture screens
- add OnDeck, Recently added and Queue to home screen (optional)
- add Plex Search screen
- slideshow will show default Plex background instead of fanart first time menu is loaded (temporary fix until fixed in Plex, let me know if it works)
- fix menu items get cut off when there are more than can fit the screen (temporary fixed, more elegant solution hopefully later)-
- kiosk mode
-
add black theme
- go back to the same position in on deck after playing a movie or
- fix Shared Content
- show more info for focused item on home screen (for OnDeck and Recently Added)
- add recently used to channels on home screen
- improve now playing view for music (add special effects view)

Edited by sandman4sure, 20 January 2012 - 01:47 PM.

• Prudgezeree, pattAloff and Taniubsaurn like this

#3 Batmac

Batmac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 08:28 PM

Looks beautiful! I will test it out 4 sure!

:)
  • Prudgezeree likes this

#4 Josh H

Josh H

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:47 AM

Looks great, though two things I have noticed so far. One, the name is too long and overflows the skin selection screen. Two, tried adding Applications to the main menu with the available option, but it does not work, instead it remains in the sub menu that is hidden. One other suggestion I have always hoped for with reFocus is an option to either use the lower case fonts (as we have now) or to use a more traditional first letter capitalized font scheme.

Great work, keep it up. Thanks.

#5 plexborg

plexborg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 04:05 AM

Need to get this in Preen. Although at this point we might need a whole section just for reFocus derivatives, lol.

#6 sandman4sure

sandman4sure

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 06:21 AM

Looks great, though two things I have noticed so far. One, the name is too long and overflows the skin selection screen. Two, tried adding Applications to the main menu with the available option, but it does not work, instead it remains in the sub menu that is hidden. One other suggestion I have always hoped for with reFocus is an option to either use the lower case fonts (as we have now) or to use a more traditional first letter capitalized font scheme.

Great work, keep it up. Thanks.

Is there a screen with lower case fonts somewhere?
I'm removing those everywhere and will only use the normal first letter capitalized font scheme.

About the main menu and applications, I will have a look at it!

#7 sandman4sure

sandman4sure

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 07:12 AM

Two, tried adding Applications to the main menu with the available option, but it does not work, instead it remains in the sub menu that is hidden.

Fixed

#8 sandman4sure

sandman4sure

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 07:14 AM

Need to get this in Preen. Although at this point we might need a whole section just for reFocus derivatives, lol.

Still lots to do (like dialog windows and stuff)
After that I will see if it is possible to add this to Preen.

#9 plexborg

plexborg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 04:56 AM

Still lots to do (like dialog windows and stuff)
After that I will see if it is possible to add this to Preen.

Appreciate your work on this! This is probably my favorite skin for Plex, and your effort seems to be hitting most of the rough spots. I do like Grainy as well, but I agree that the original scheme is still best.

#10 sandman4sure

sandman4sure

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:15 AM

Back from holiday and will have a look at how to make the skin compatible with the new Plex.
Just renaming the skin and add an addon.xml ( like described here ) will make it work but some things seem to be broken / look strange.

The drawers on deck and recently added will probably follow later, not sure how difficult that is to implement.

#11 Halopend

Halopend

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 01:10 AM

Back from holiday and will have a look at how to make the skin compatible with the new Plex.
Just renaming the skin and add an addon.xml ( like described here ) will make it work but some things seem to be broken / look strange.

The drawers on deck and recently added will probably follow later, not sure how difficult that is to implement.

Looking forward to your laika update. On Deck/Recently Added on the home screen is great, I almost never have to sub navigate menus anymore.

#12 bugger

bugger

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 04:33 PM

Any news on an update? Can't wait for a Laika compatible "old school" reFocus!

#13 sandman4sure

sandman4sure

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:26 AM

Any news on an update? Can't wait for a Laika compatible "old school" reFocus!

I will try to make it Laika compatible this weekend or otherwise next week.

The first compatible version however won't have the new features like On Deck which are introduced with the new Plex version.

#14 DCstewieG

DCstewieG

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:59 PM

Looking forward to it! :D

#15 Duy

Duy

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 01:42 AM

I'm glad to hear this skin is still alive :)

One thing though, please make the On Deck/Recently added optional, I prefer a minimal/clean look for my home screen :)

#16 sandman4sure

sandman4sure

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:14 AM

Because the home screen keeps crashing on me, it will take a little bit longer to get the skin Laika compatible I'm afraid… Posted Image

#17 sandman4sure

sandman4sure

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 10:36 PM

Here is my first try to make it Laika compatible:

reFocus for Plex - Back to Blue Edition (Laika compatible)

Place it in your ~/Library/Application Support/Plex/addons/

changes:
- removed RSS, Weather and Favorites, because those are not supported in Laika anymore
- changed big list view for episodes, so all the episodes will have a plot outline now, not only the one which is selected (now possible because of the updated skinning engine in Laika)
- default font color is yellow, not the original blue, because I can't get the theme select to work yet (in appearance settings)
(if you want the blue color, you will need to change /skin.refocus_for_plex_back_to_blue_edition/colors/OriginalBlue.xml to Defaults.xml)

No new features like On Deck yet, and maybe some things are broken, so please let me know if it works!

Thanks!

EDIT:

I'm in the progress of updating the dialogs and osd.
This I will only be doing for the Laika Compatible version, the old version will not be updated anymore.

Edited by sandman4sure, 22 November 2011 - 08:15 PM.

#18 Jason Mehring

Jason Mehring

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:13 PM

Here is my first try to make it Laika compatible:

reFocus for Plex - Back to Blue Edition (Laika compatible)

Place it in your ~/Library/Application Support/Plex/addons/

changes:
- removed RSS, Weather and Favorites, because those are not supported in Laika anymore
- changed big list view for episodes, so all the episodes will have a plot outline now, not only the one which is selected (now possible because of the updated skinning engine in Laika)
- default font color is yellow, not the original blue, because I can't get the theme select to work yet (in appearance settings)
(if you want the blue color, you will need to change /skin.refocus_for_plex_back_to_blue_edition/colors/OriginalBlue.xml to Defaults.xml)

No new features like On Deck yet, and maybe some things are broken, so please let me know if it works!

Thanks!

EDIT:

I'm in the progress of updating the dialogs and osd.
This I will only be doing for the Laika Compatible version, the old version will not be updated anymore.

Looks nice in Lakita! The only issues I am having is the ability to select different views in the episode and movies sections. It seems like some of the views are not available in list. For instance, I changed my view to 'Big List', but am unable to return to the default view that was shipped with skin since it does not appear in list (Windows version).

I have three requests for future version if you can ever find the time...

1) On the screen that lists all the TV SHows, it would be nice to have a visual indicator of how many unwatched episodes remain for every show, like the new mediasteam skin has instead of having to select the show to see

2) Could you make an option to show the rating in text (like new lakita blur does). I don't care if you keep the star rating and also add the text for ratings, but it is really nice to see exactly what a move is rated as when deciding what to watch.

3) When you are in the movie 'pre play' (info) screen that lists the complete details on the movie, it would be really, really nice if we could up/down arrow to cycle through the movie listings, or just make it its own view. I really like the preplay screen since it contains lots real estate to display as much info on the move as possible.

Thanks for all you hard work!

#19 Jason Mehring

Jason Mehring

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 03:45 AM

Looks nice in Lakita! The only issues I am having is the ability to select different views in the episode and movies sections. It seems like some of the views are not available in list. For instance, I changed my view to 'Big List', but am unable to return to the default view that was shipped with skin since it does not appear in list (Windows version).

I have three requests for future version if you can ever find the time...

1) On the screen that lists all the TV SHows, it would be nice to have a visual indicator of how many unwatched episodes remain for every show, like the new mediasteam skin has instead of having to select the show to see

2) Could you make an option to show the rating in text (like new lakita blur does). I don't care if you keep the star rating and also add the text for ratings, but it is really nice to see exactly what a move is rated as when deciding what to watch.

3) When you are in the movie 'pre play' (info) screen that lists the complete details on the movie, it would be really, really nice if we could up/down arrow to cycle through the movie listings, or just make it its own view. I really like the preplay screen since it contains lots real estate to display as much info on the move as possible.

Thanks for all you hard work!

I figured it was not too fair to ask you to take time to implement a few features when you are still busy porting to Lakita; so I took a stab at it myself for item 1 in my request list. I can also do #2. The third looks more complicated for someone who has no idea how skins work. (I posted a question in developer area to see if there was a command to reload skin in Plex without having to quit/restart after each change. Would be real handy to know how to do that so I can get more done in less time).

I added the unwatched episode counter to tv shows and movies. If you like it I can add a menu option to allow users to turn it on/off by choice and send you a pull request to include it in your version.

I do need someone to create the background bullet image of the bullet as it is currently just using 'new_osd/playerControlsPanel.png' graphic since I am rally no good at creating graphics. It needs to be 50x23 and should have a light blue background like the highlight color of the focused item on the screen shot (where the JJ7.Boss info is at).

If you don't want it; I'll just keep it for myself I guess :)

Posted Image

#20 sandman4sure

sandman4sure

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 07:56 AM

Hello,

Thanks for using the skin!
Some views are not available for some parts of the skin, for example the List view is not available for episodes, only Slide and Big List.
Did you get the normal list view the first time when you went to episodes?

As for the requests, purpose of my mod is to make it look like the original reFocus skin for XBMC as much as possible.
Maybe when that is finished, I can help you with some mods, but for now there is still a lot of work to do.
Hopefully you will also like it this way.

Thanks.

P.S. as for the reload of the skin, you will have to make a keymap.xml I believe.
I will take a look when I get home.